[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LAST.FM OFFICIALLY GONE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1411855171589.png (684 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1411855171589.png
684 KB, 1000x1000
I just checked and the site isn't even there anymore.
>>
Holy shit its true what are we going to do?
>>
Good.
Probably shut down after realising no one was visiting any more because of the garbage layout

serves them right in my opinion desu
>>
>>60176683
>no one was visiting any more

lmfao they get a million unique site visits a month
>>
>>60176663
wtf bro? im in it
>>
>>60176699
Shut it, I can dream if I want to
>>
>>60176663
i had it loaded on my browser and hit refresh

its not dead, although it feels like it took forever to reload

u fuckin fgt
>>
>>60176722
Dream your mom getting raped
>>
>>60176722

I'm just saying, they're not going anywhere soon. At least I hope.
>>
>>60176663
it isn't "officially gone" you fucking idiot
>>
File: 1445196724468.jpg (204 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1445196724468.jpg
204 KB, 1080x720
You almost got me
It took ages to load
>>
DAED IN THE WATER
>>
jesus fucking christ change these ugly artist pictures on my profile.. it's been like this for months and bring back neighbors.
>>
File: 1444811453870.jpg (18 KB, 127x212) Image search: [Google]
1444811453870.jpg
18 KB, 127x212
Did anyone do the survey recently?
If so maybe they're doing some minor tweaks or setting up a possible overall for the profiles.

I pretty much just answered the survey with
"I only use lastfm for recs and scrobbles and even they don't work"

The only people who consistantly use Lastfm imo are people who have been using it for a month or two. People who never used the old layout.
>>
>>60177020
what survey? you mean the one that they had us take like right after the site updated? Yeah I submitted a really long one like three times right after the website updated. I doubt that anyone actually reads those things.
>>
>>60177020

I have a habit of going on there for hours and clicking on peoples profiles and finding new music. It's kind of hard to do now without groups and neighbors so I have to go to shoutboxes. It's lame but I still like it better than RYM.
>>
>Internal Server Error - Read

>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

>Reference #3.4ca4f7bd.1446731772.197f27fc

Well...
>>
>>60177045
I got a new survey maybe two days ago.
Basically wanting you to sum up your experience with the new site. Listing how long you use it and what you do.
>>
Just took forever to load before getting the Internal Server error.

Boy this site really dropped the ball big time. I'm still on daily, but only in hopes they brought back real time friend listening, neighbors, groups and the "how many scrobbled your friends have" when visiting a band's page.
>>
I honestly don't know what I would do without Last.fm. I spend so much time on it and there is literally nothing like it in terms of keeping track of listening habits.
>>
>>60177168
>how many scrobbled your friends have
rest in fucking peace.

all that stuff you listed would be great, but one of the things they really need to bring back too would be fully customizable side bar and paste your taste.

Paste your taste
fully customizable side bar
"how many scrobbles your friends have" on an artist's page
real time friend listening
(idk what neighbors is)
groups
album covers next to listened to tracks

idk that's all I can think of
>>
>>60177198

Neighbors finds people with the closest taste to you and it was perfect for making friends and finding music.
>>
heh, more like past.fm
>>
>>60177198

>album covers next to listened to tracks

Profiles look so fucking bland without this now...
>>
>>60177198
listening now and top/recent listeners was pretty neat
>>
>>60177233
lmfao
>>
>>60177020
I've used Last.FM since 2007 or so and although I still like the scrobbling part a lot, the recommendations I never really liked mostly because it always already showed shit I knew, but just didn't have scrobbles off and no easy way to dismiss with a like/don't like thing.

90% of recommendations was shit I don't really care about as well. These days a lot of events are missing (Understandable seeing updating events has always been a complete shit process) and facebook (lelpleb) pretty much fulfills that role anyway.

Neighbors have always been pretty much pointless to me (I remember a classmate used to be my #1 neighbor early in usage), because once you start listening to lots of different genres it turns into a clusterfuck.

They can probably create a load of interesting stats but don't really do anything with it either. Events used to be useful and the recommendations were also okay, but the entire frontend of it was complete shit, with a serious lack of filters. THat's basically Last.fm story: There's good shit they can do with it, but because there is no good website everything just turned into a clusterfuck... then with new layout they decide to get rid of the clusterfuck by cleaning everything up by a lot. Result? absolutely bland.
>>
>>60177348
Just checked event by the way.... 834 went on facebook.... 3 went on last.fm. That's how many people use this shit on last.fm now.
>>
File: 1439813158535.jpg (327 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439813158535.jpg
327 KB, 1000x1000
>>60176663
>tfw i remember posting this image on /mu/ a couple months ago
seeing it spread makes me as happy as seeing last.fm die
>>
>>60176773
Who is this semen demon senpai?
>>
>>60176663
Why is Kyousuke naked?
>>
>>60178336
she's at most 15
nice memes though friendo
>>
>>60179873
I wanna know her name ,not her age desu
>>
>>60176663
>>60177762
Do people actually sit around with their headphones around their neck?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.