[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grimes vs. Ariel Pink Showdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: grimsxap.png (272 KB, 782x358) Image search: [Google]
grimsxap.png
272 KB, 782x358
Which one do you like more? Who has contributed more to music?

AP is way more based and has one of the most unique catalogs in pop music imho, but he has been around a lot longer.
>>
why are you even comparing the two?
>>
>>60173727
they are two of the most influential acts in contemporary pop music i think; at least Grimes has the potential to be.
>>
>>60173727
/thread
>>
>>60173695
Both annoying attention whores
>>
>>60173695
Both are shit
But Grimes is the bigger cunt, so I'll side with Ariel
>>
>>60173727
bc they're both so different and quirky xD like me xD

they're just so real and themselves xD
>>
AP because he brings the banter

also his music is better but not by much
>>
>>60173999
Go to bed, Adele
>>
Ariel because he has written some legit modern classics and did the lo fi thing (the hard way, none of this chuck a vst distortion on your master) well before it became normie shite
>>
>>60173695
Grimes who is about to release massive AOTY.
>>
this is one of the few pictures where I don't mind Grimes, she actually looks good here, and not fwee fwee tabonga
>>
>>60173695
I liked grimes' first three albums and have never heard an Ariel Pink album, but after Flesh Without Blood I think I'll have to pick Ariel.
>>
Ariel obviously. Scream is one of the worst thing I've ever heard in my life and that's not exaggerating.
>>
This is like asking me to compare which 3 year old kids' shitty lego creations are better.
>>
>>60173992
+1
>>
>>60173727
they had beef also

and the answer for who is better musically is obviously ariel pink
>>
Ariel, even though I don't think he is that great musically, he is still miles beyond whispering sexually with some lazy fl studio instrumentals.
Grimes tries really hard to be quirky and weird but she really overdoes it and it just ends up kinda cringy. Ariel still tries to look strange but he is alot more subtle with it and only really seems to dress up for shows and videos.
>>
Ariel, no competishhhhhh
>>
>>60173695
According to p4k, Grimes is better.
>>
>>60178303
Good thing we always listen to what p4k says
>>
>>60173695
Ariel
>>
Ariel pink is a lot better than grimes. More sonically diverse and experimental in his lo fi production than grimes ever was doing the same thing, and his music is actually more masterfully crafted pop than grimes despite her, AGAIN (omg grimes is sooo original my family) chasing the same thing, so even the poptimist grimes apologists on this board cant complain.

Wheres your MUH FUN argument now, grimes drones? Hail the rightful king of pop.

>implying white freckles isnt the perfect retro chic banger
>>
grimes is stupid and retarded
>>
>>60178303
who cares
>>
>>60173695
There's actually lot in common between the two. Both were massively overhyped as the next big thing but never lived up to expectations. Both are capable of producing both great songs and mediocre nigh-unlistenable sludge.

Overall, I think Ariel gets it right more often than Grimes does. Probably has/had the greatest potential as a songwriter but he tends to intentionally fuck up his own music. He was pretty influential but the whole hyper-ironic quasi-nostalgic schtick he pioneered is pretty much an aesthetic dead end, so I still don't what to think.
>>
Memes aside, Ariel Pink has an incredible and varied discography that spans decades and is hugely influential to indie music today. The guy shits pop hooks and he's a real songwriter, Grimes isn't in the same universe as him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3nQ1ylsrE
>>
>>60173695
They're both shit
>>
>>60173992
>>60174385
>>60177640
>>60179037
>>60179056
>>60179158
all this MISOGINY go back listening to Korn
>>
I can listen to AP all day.
I can't stand grimes music, I dont mind the way she looks but her music just does nothing for me.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.