[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you do it /mu/. I will sit here for hours and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 41oy7RP+ghL.jpg (17 KB, 500x123) Image search: [Google]
41oy7RP+ghL.jpg
17 KB, 500x123
How the fuck do you do it /mu/. I will sit here for hours and try to make something, and it's NOTHING like what I wanted. Then i get depressed as fuck and give up half way through. How long do you spend on a song, and how do you get it to sound like you want?
>>
smoke some weed you fucking autist
>>
>>59686190
Fuck drugs man
>>
>>59686190
>>
You get good at playing to the point where you aren't thinking about how to play something, your fingers just play it, while theory and technique are merely afterthoughts.

That is, unless you just want to be a lazy faggot and make meme music by slowly clicking midi notes and fumbling around with arpeggiators.
>>
>>59686159
You dont need drugs, but they certainly help. If I had the patience to sit down for hours i could write something ffs. It takes me like 5 minutes to come up with a 30 second melody.

If its really that hard, find a drum beat online and try to think of a melody in your head, and then replicate it onto the keyboard, or just listen to some music, and think of a counter-melody. The hardest part is moving it from mind to instrument.
>>
>>59686159
learn to play the songs you like, and then you will understand how to make songs however you want
>>
The whole idea is to find enjoyment through creation. If you're caught up in doing it to impress people and compare it to the shit you listen to then you're doing it wrong and you'll just stay a depressed failure. Take some time, come back to what you didn't finish and do research in the meantime about different ways to make what you like. Seriously just have fun with it, anything else that comes with it is pure luxury.
>>
>>59686346
I love making music, and I love music in general. I know exactly what I want to make, but when I sit down to make it, I can't.
>>
>>59686159
>>59686335
Also, think of some intense emotion. Anger is an easy one, start there. (weed helps you find emotion better).
>>
>>59686310
Bach confirmed for meme music
>>
>>59686416
Bach was a good pianist before he was a good composer.
>>
>>59686416
just because it sounds like arpeggios doesnt mean it is
>>
>>59686190
/thread
>>
>>59686371
I love witch house/spookysynthgaze music, but I can't make it.

Industrial black metal, on the otherhand, I can make in my sleeeeeep

Maybe you just have a genre weakness that needs addressing to. Do you KNOW what you're trying to make? A large part of music is guessing-and-testing
>>
>>59686371

Practice more.

Then keep practicing.

Practice more afterwards.

>keep fucking practicing
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.