[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt - albums that you had to force yourself to get through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: cover.jpg (187 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
187 KB, 1200x1200
itt - albums that you had to force yourself to get through
>>
ur mom
>>
it's like the Tool of synthpop
>>
File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159 KB, 300x300
>>59682129
>>
Guys I really like this album. I'm really progressive and appreciate the trans movement. Gender isn't binary lol! I also say I'm bisexual even though i've never done anything with a boy :3
>>
>>59682179
>Implying you're a boy
>>
>>59682129
I loved the first half, but some of the tracks on the back half were unbearable.
>>
that fucking 20 minute drone song in the middle ugh fuck this album
>>
File: 1373040394716.jpg (11 KB, 251x231) Image search: [Google]
1373040394716.jpg
11 KB, 251x231
>tfw you like the music on this album a lot but hate the two pretentious filler tracks and the themes in the lyrics are way too preachy and simplistic
>>
Raging Lung and Full of Fire are the only good songs on this album
>>
>>59682365
like I said, it's the Tool of synthpop
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 319x319
>>
>>59682376
I really like Cherry on Top, I'm a sucker for anything atmospheric and operatic
>>
>>59682402
This. Holy shit this band is fucking terrible. Lead singer sounds like he's taking a shit and the sound quality is garbage
>>
>>59682129
This. There is so many fucking filler tracks on this album.

Crake, Old Dreams Waiting to Be Realized, Oryx, and Fracking Fluid Injection ruin this album so much.
>>
>>59682160

i kinda dismissed your comment until i saw it with this >>59682365

that's a pretty good analogy. i actually like this album well enough. "without you my life would be boring" playing on the stereo has definitely heated up some hanging out time with girls. the drone break is kinda tryhard, and it's pretty bland sounding to anyone who's listened to entry-level drone/ambient or more.

that being said, i tend to approach albums like they're speaking directly to me, and I try to put myself in the place of the intended audience. as a "progressive" sex-positive blah blah blah person, i felt like i was being condescended to a little. Luckily I can ignore the message of the lyrics and still have a decent pop album to listen to.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.