[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been two and a half years and about 300 listens. Random
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
It's been two and a half years and about 300 listens. Random Access Memories did not take that long.

I think it's time to stop trying to make myself like or really see anything deeper to this *okay* release by two dudes with families that are probably just past their prime and have nothing but gimmicks left since they've been copied and emulated so many times since the last decade.

Why exactly is that some sort fucking heresy though? It's not like they're actually magic.
>>
>>59668284
>really see anything deeper
There is your problem right there
>>
>>59668284
I thought the concensus was that Tomorrow's Harvest was ok but not as good as MHTRTC and Geogaddi, and BoC will probably never reach those heights again? IMO they should do more stuff like Campfire Headphase, there's more room for growth there.
>>
>brotempo
>>
You listened to an album you consider "okay" 300 times?
>>
Geogaddi > MHTRTC > TCH > TH
>>
>>59668313
>homage to soundtracks they grew up
>nods here and there to various music cues
>tracks end early and do not segue...just like the soundtracks they mentioned
>some of it could go be put together and is possibly incomplete

Oh wait, except whenever I propose that last bit, someone tries to tell me that can't be a possibility. Then they go on and on about some spiritual bullshit this album induced within them.

Aside from the obvious hard concept album part and the whole soundtrack theme, I pick up some sense of a jab back to all the BoC-alikes in the world with really boring and dead sounding tracks like Cold Earth. The cover of the album also looks like something that came out of instagram. Though the interpretation that they may have been having a little fun with their overly accepting fanbase of course is wrong, like everything else that isn't "IT WAS GREAT". God, people are complacent.

I really struggle between believing that Boards of Canada can and did just acknowledge they'd fail to even remotely live up to the hype by putting together a project that appealed to their own tastes in some sense (probably the truth, and it's not dissimilar to what Daft Punk did, except Daft Punk went way overboard) and saying "here you go" OR that after eight years, they decided to hand listeners a puzzle and the ARG was only the beginning of it. I'm pretty sure it's the former, because I don't think the latter begins with "hey, let's have a whole bunch of overly REPETITIVE tracks that use the same sort of percussion we used with Slow This Bird Down, a bunch of arps and synths that sound like us trying to copy someone trying to copy us and remove any remnants of texture or width by running it through a VCR ten times, I'm sure that'll sound great."

Whatever man. Gemini and White Cyclosa make it seem like it's really going to go somewhere and then it just hits a brick wall. Uritual is good, Palace Posy and New Seeds are great. The rest I've heard before and far better.
>>
>>59668329
Giving an estimate? Yeah, probably.

I really, really, really wanted to like it since everyone else seemed to imply I was missing something. Now I'm really quite aware just how many Twoism and WATMM posters there are that'll just suck BoC's dick to no end.
>>
>>59668347
Yes. This is the (subjectively) correct order. Thank you.
>>
>>59668284
you obviously dont like it, so stop trying, listen to something else, doesnt mean other people dont though
>>
Hardcore boc fan here, this album is comparatively really shit to me. I honestly can't understand how so many people claim to like it.

>>59668347
MHtRtC >= Geogaddi > TCH >>> TH
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.