[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vinyl rips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 12312pv3.jpg (48 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
12312pv3.jpg
48 KB, 600x405
Is /mu/ into audiophile vinyl rips? I know of pbthal and his website and he has top notch stuff. Any other good stuff out there?

Also before plebs starting shitting up the thread: Vinyl isn't inherently better than a CD. It's inferior in fact, but because vinyl is an inferior medium it doesn't let mastering engineers crank up the volume and compress everything till it makes your ears bleed. That would cause a lot of distortion on vinyl.

That is why 99% of vinyl masters have better dynamics, detail and are generally a more pleasant listening experience.
>>
>>59665616
Do you have a account at what.cd? They have a lot of these.
>>
>>59665684
I do but What.CD is a clusterfuck with a lot of terrible rips.

Do you have any names of good rippers?
>>
>>59665616

Plenty of modern music on vinyl is exactly the same master as the CD version though...The record companies don't care if it sounds like shit, and the kids that buy their records at urban outfitters and play them on their shitty Crosley turntables can't tell the difference anyway.
>>
>>59665705
Not on top of my head for vinyl rips of music with a CD master, I usually look at the lineages and make a judgment based on those.
>>
>>59665616
Holy shit I wish I had all the equipments this dude has - http://vinyldoneright.nl/blog/?page_id=1128
>>
>>59665803
>tube amps
>>
>>59665705

Check out flannylbandit's rips:

https://what.cd/torrents.php?description=flannylbandit&encoding=24bit+Lossless&media=Vinyl
>>
>>59665705

Euripides has some good ones too

https://what.cd/torrents.php?description=Euripides&encoding=24bit+Lossless&media=Vinyl
>>
File: 03.png (61 KB, 800x473) Image search: [Google]
03.png
61 KB, 800x473
>>59665616

>That is why 99% of vinyl masters have better dynamics

99% of you music maybe

Do you listen to a lot of 90s rock and pop ?

Most of my music library have a very good or excellent quality in production and mastering
>>
>>59666096
Jazz and Classical usually has good mastering on everything.

Rock and Pop past 1994 is terrible

Electronic is the absolute worst.
>>
For anyone that is skeptical, download this and compare it to whatever CD rip you have

http://vinyldoneright.nl/blog/?p=7640
>>
>>59665837
Looks like has a very pro setup too.

Does he have a site or where do people get is rips from?
>>
Total fucking pleb question, but what would you need to make a decent rip? Aside from a turntable, what software and extensions would you need?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.