[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please explain why La Dispute is shit without mentioning >fanbase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
Please explain why La Dispute is shit without mentioning >fanbase no plebs real /emo/ crit shitlords
>>
>>59664766
Their fanbase sucks, it's not real emo and it's for plebs
>>
>>59664766
I think they come across as trying too hard, especially with their lyrics. Too whiny, take themselves too seriously.

I say this as a fan of the band. I'm just guessing what people who don't like them would say based on things I've noticed from listening to La Dispute.

Also this girl told me that the band is really popular on tumblr so that could be why some people don't like them, but that might fall under your category of "bad fanbase".
>>
>>59664766
as someone who was a fan and at one point probably my favorite band they try are trying to hard to be deep. Also their fanbase sucks and go back to tumblr
>>
>>59664766
They actually aren't. Musically they're really interesting, awesome energy live. Their records are all extremely solid, not to mention the cool experimentation they've done in other products. The vocals and lyrics are the only thing I can really fault; the lyrics sound a bit too overdramatic/try hardy/tumblr-esqe, and the vocals more or less reflect that. Still, the band is pretty fucking solid.
>>
>>59664766
but they're good
>>
Been trying to recapture the magic and as we all will one day learn:when its gone it's gone
>>
>>59665124
this. I actually used to enjoy them a bit but the lyrics and some overdramatic vocals made me get tired of them. Especially when everyone quotes those edgy King Park lyrics. Instrumentally they are pretty solid and interesting
>>
>>59666148
King Park actually has pretty good lyrics. When people quote lyrics to try and seem like sad and edgy, it just makes me cringe
>>
I agree with cringey lyrics but really like Woman (Reading) for some reason. But they're a good band in terms of just pure sound.
>>
>>59664766
They're a band you have to be in a specific mindset to enjoy
>>
>>59665124
What other projects?
>>
>bad lyrics
>bad genre
>bad you
>>
>>59664766
Are they hated on a lot around here? I always thought they were pretty decent
>>
>>59669747
Only times I've ever seen them mentioned was in a positive way but that's only because Fantano likes them. I think they're shit for little girls personally
>>
>>59669747
they used to be cool until people started to overhype the shit out of King Park that everyone just dropped them and by Rooms of the House, no one really cared
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.