[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jazz/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x509
>recent listens
>what'd you think of it
>if you could get all of /jazz/ to listen to a jazz album, what album would it be
>fav track from last weeks blindfold listen
>have you listened to this weeks blindfold stuff
>if so favorite track #
>>
>>59659077
I've been trying to listen to everything that Ron Carter and Tony Williams play on. What are the best blue note albums they play on?
>>
File: jazz.jpg (2 MB, 2160x4185) Image search: [Google]
jazz.jpg
2 MB, 2160x4185
>>59659077
I'm selecting the interesting stuff on this chart, though I can't really be bothered to download shit so I only listen to stuff available on Spotify. I really think I should re-listen to some of the stuff I've listened to though; most of the time I'm just putting this stuff on the background while I idly browse the web, which isn't the best way to absorb the music.

Currently checking out the Jazz Fusion row, and almost about to finish listening to Heavy Weather. Right now I'm really enjoying the bass on Palladium, and the rest of the album has been pretty good as well.
It didn't really blow me away like Light as a Feather did though. That album really surprised me, especially as I'm not really into Latin music (though I'm fine with Bossa Nova), but the influences from those genres worked really well. I also enjoyed the vocals more than often than not, though I'm still not completely sold on the idea of vocal jazz.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 390x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 390x387
>>59659077
Been on a Hubbard kick lately. He has a great output.
>>
File: 220px-Night_Dreamer.jpg (9 KB, 220x219) Image search: [Google]
220px-Night_Dreamer.jpg
9 KB, 220x219
Wayne Shorter is amazing. Love this album.
Just blows my mind how solid the title track is.
>>
File: 4175-hh-empyrean-islesmono.jpg (601 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
4175-hh-empyrean-islesmono.jpg
601 KB, 1000x1000
Recently listened to this. Very enjoyable, especially Cantaloupe Island.
>>
>>59659895
You really should listen to the albums you like most more than once. The best part about jazz is that you can relisten to good jazz over and over and still hear something new in the music.
>>
File: s-lanhanr.jpg (348 KB, 1407x1394) Image search: [Google]
s-lanhanr.jpg
348 KB, 1407x1394
>>59660906
Heart these guys for the first time last week. Love it. Does anyone have vocal jazz recommendations?
>>
>>59661029
Al Jarreau
>>
File: Quadrant.jpg (203 KB, 927x943) Image search: [Google]
Quadrant.jpg
203 KB, 927x943
I'm completely hooked on this album at the moment. Great personnel on it and just such a great album to have a chill and listen to.
>>
>>59659967
I've always felt Hubbard is the Faces to Davis's Rolling Stones, to be a filthy rockist about the whole thing.
>>
wtf is blindfold listen
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.