[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They had the opportunity to become one of the first important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: beachhouse.jpg (46 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
beachhouse.jpg
46 KB, 560x560
They had the opportunity to become one of the first important shoegaze acts of the 21st century, but they ruined it with mediocre dream-pop. I'm genuinely pissed off.
>>
>>59653987
>shoegaze
>important
>2015

no
>>
>muh Sparks
>>
>>59653987
But they were always dream-pop, anon
>>
You're acting like Sparks was anything special. People only highlighted it because it was slightly novel to hear BH playing shoegaze. Compared to what the genre has to offer, it's an average song.
>>
Elegy to the Void is by far the best song from this set of albums, whatever genre it is
>>
>>59653987
They've been playing great dream pop for more than ten years. Get over it.

>>59654306
>>59654029
>sparks
>shoegaze

can't understand it tbh it's a great dream pop song anyways, overrated af though
>>
Seriously can we talk about how fucking good the B side of Thank Your Lucky Stars is?

>The Traveler
>Elegy to the Void
>Rough Song
>Somewhere Tonight
>>
>>59653987
When did they ever make shoegaze?
>>
>>59654564
literally just finished it rn and got damn
>>
>>59654564
I need another few listens with Elegy, it just hit me as very weird and unexpected, but the other three on side B are astonishing
>>
>>59653987
They have never played shoegaze, ever. If you want shoegaze go listen to something else.

Dont criticize bands that arent shoegaze for not being shoegaze. It's retarded.
>>
>>59653987
Coldplay is more shoegaze than Beach House
https://youtu.be/xgzg50JtQNo
>>
i hate the whole attitude that each album has to be different to the last. oh no, they're repeating themselves, why aren't they doing different things each time?
why should they?
and then the stuff that /mu/ wets itself about is just the stuff that sounds more like mbv

beach house make really nice music of a specific type, and i hope they continue making it.
>>
>>59654564
somewhere tonight is really good. i love her singing on it, actual proper beautiful singing and not just husky murmuring
>>
>>59654564
Shit. I also like Majorette and One Thing now that the official versions have been posted. I imagine All Your Yeahs sounds great too. Definitely better than Depression Cherry in my opinion.
>>
This was a good album imho
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.