[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Early to early-mid John led Beatles, Middle Beatles or late Paul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1235611310854.jpg (42 KB, 639x313) Image search: [Google]
1235611310854.jpg
42 KB, 639x313
Early to early-mid John led Beatles, Middle Beatles or late Paul "George Martin's golden child" Beatles?

Which one had the better singles and albums? Which one had the better feel?
>>
White album and abbey road are best but not because of paul my friend. Not because of john though either tbh
>>
>>59639699
>Implying that album didn't feature John at his best.
>>
i prefer macca.

john deep down was a blues / rock and roll guy. he peaked during mmt/sgt peppers. he began a slow regression back to 'rock and roll' during the white album.

macca was lucky to have had a small time jazz band leader for a father that taught him piano at an early age, not to mention instilling in him all of the harmonies from tin pan alley to early jazz and 'pop' songs, all before the rock and roll of the 50s.
>>
Every album up to Revolver is great. After that, all albums should be listened to in Mono.
>>
George is great
>>
>>59641295
how does listening to either in mono or stereo affect the songs themselves? i don't think a few extra or less bars of music between mono/stereo mixes makes any difference at all.
>>
The Beatles best albums were A hard day's night and Revolver.
>>
>>59641358
The mono mixes are just better. Stereo was a gimmick in the 60's.
>>
>>59641358
Revolver is straight up awful in stereo. The drums and vocals are almost in completely different channels.
>>
Rubber soul and Revolver era are my favorites musically and for aesthetics but thats just my onion
>>
>>59639609
middle of course
and by that I mean the pot period, pre-lsd. Beatles For Sale thru Rubber Soul. i know how good Revolver is but i just don't like listening to it
>>
>>59642658

The stereo mixes are fine up until MMT and superior from The Beatles onwards
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.