[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were they so good? All their hits were catchy yet also rarely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
Why were they so good? All their hits were catchy yet also rarely do two songs sound the same.
>>
They all had styles that complemented and competed with one another.
>>
>>59638918
>Why were they so good?
They were/are all great musicians, but it was mostly the acid
>>
literal team work

also I believe they were the first group to stop touring and go full studio.
>>
incredible knowledge of chord progressions
>>
>>59638951
That's a load of shit though, none of them had any formal training or knowledge. It came naturally. That's what made Macca and Lennon near-savants.

>>59638948
Brian Wilson went full studio far before them, but the Beach Boys as a band kept touring.
>>
>>59638975
I know they didn't have formal training. It came from their days playing the cavern in Berlin. They had to play many different styles of music
>>
>>59638975
You just described the opposite of what savant means fam.
>>
they made 4 good albums imo

but other than that they're pretty overrated
>>
>>59638975
McCartney's family had a piano his father used to play all the time.
>>
They are literal proof of God's existence. One of the perfect storms of modern culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQoVtySehtc

Highly recommend anthology if you haven't seen it
>>
>>59639033
ah interesting, I always hear it exclusively with idiot savant so I didn't even notice.
>>
>the beatles
>so good

the fact that so many books still name the Beatles as the greatest or most significant or most influential rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art imo tbh fam
>>
10000 hours-meme
>>
Memes aside, it's awe-inspiring to me to know that a band can go from a boy band (or the era's equivalent) to producing works like A Day in the Life and Tomorrow Never Knows.
>>
>>59639096
The chorus gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.