[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well I've been messing around with FL Studio for 2 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 515WF3INjIL._SL1000_.jpg (40 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
515WF3INjIL._SL1000_.jpg
40 KB, 1000x1000
Well I've been messing around with FL Studio for 2 months now but still have absolutely no idea what the fuck I'm doing. I just do random things until they sound cool and I throw them together. Where can I learn how to actually make music? I have no idea what the fuck any of this MIDI stuff or controllers are and how they work, I have a simple MIDI keyboard connected to FL Studio and that's about it. I don't know how to actually do anything unless it's a mistake. Any tips?
>>
Don't learn how. Keep doing what you do, as long as you can make it into a listenable file it doesn't really matter how you make it.
>>
>>59638421
So you're saying even though I'm just fucking around and randomely turning knobs until i like the sound, as long as I keep fucking around until it all fits together to just keep doing that? I guess learning by trial and error is one approach, I just figured you all had some sort of source that taught you guys how to get into this stuff.
>>
>>59638379
Follow your heart, anon.
>>
>>59638505
Source: my heart.
>>
>tfw I have so many ideas for music but I have no fucking clue how to do the things I want to do in FL studio.
>>
How the fuck do I into controllers? I have no clue what 95% of the knobs and slides on mine do, and how to upload samples to them, like holy shit this is overwelhming.
>>
>>59638577
This tbh fam
>>
>>59638475
In my opinion that's a great way to get started and it's pretty much what I did. If you want to get more technical and understand the terms and the parameters of the things you're adjusting, read the DAWs manual or just read up on some basic tutorials. A lot of the factors of sound translate really well across the whole thing (attack, rate, phase, etc etc) through your VSTs and DAW so if you do have the time to read/watch some tutorials, it might help you achieve your desired sound easier

I heard good things about this course, if you got time - give it a go

https://www.coursera.org/learn/music-production
>>
>>59638622
Thanks anon, looking at it now
>>
the less you know the better, at least when it comes to starting out. I think artists have a much easier time finding their own voice/sound when they're just working by ear and chance, as opposed to muh-guitar fags who think knowing a few chords/what decibels are is enough to have the upper hand. the best work is always honest work, so don't betray your honesty by assuming that what you're doing now isn't music

I'm an audacity fag anyway is this is what I tell myself
>>
>>59638968
I almost agree with all of this, the only discrepancy I have is that if you are in a situation where you want to emulate part of an artist's sound, then you should learn those aspects of the creation process to recreate it, otherwise be confident in your method (or perceived lack thereof) of production.

Tldr; sing from the heart nigga
>>
File: BIG.jpg (16 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
BIG.jpg
16 KB, 236x354
>>59638379
Dont give up OP! I torrented FL Studio not even 2 weeks ago and ive made 4 stuff already. Its not good but I did it without any previous experience with music theory or playing an instrument. You can do it!!!
https://soundcloud.com/annedrank
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.