[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this synth? Is it worth it? Know anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: TEENAGE+ENGINEERING+OP1-3.jpg (124 KB, 900x370) Image search: [Google]
TEENAGE+ENGINEERING+OP1-3.jpg
124 KB, 900x370
What does /mu/ think of this synth?
Is it worth it?
Know anyone who has it, famous or not, what do they think about it?
i think panda bear uses it
>>
There are way more useful synths, modules, and ways to spend $600. It's really sort of a frivolous device and is no way a substitute for a performance synth or DAW.
>>
>>59635074
>There are way more useful synths, modules, and ways to spend $600
like what
i like it because it seems really like a lot of fun and it also works like a midi controler.
also really tiny and works on batery
you can get pretty good sounds for what i've seen on YT
>>
>>59635074
yes, there are synths out there with more bells and whistles, but the op-1 is inspiring and overall just fun as shit to tinker around with. Making music got fun again for me after using it, and now especially so since I've bought an octotrack to pair with it.
>>
>>59635219
My music production stalled hard (it was only arguably moving in the first place) and I wish it could be fun like the first day again, how does the op-1 help? Any good substitutes?
>>
>>59635049
nice synth OP.......1
see what i did here lmao
>the drummer from tame impala
>a guy from the flaming lips(funny enough it can be seen in the video of their cover of elephant by tame impala)
>>
A shitty overpriced piece of hardware that idiots buy because it looks cool. Fuck I hate Teenage Engineering and all of their shitty, over priced products.
>>
>>59636216
This guy sounds mad af, but he's right tbh.
>>
can some of you all hotheats rec something similar but good by your standards? still dont see any real criticism towards the op-1
i feel like all this comments come from pleb EDM producers who want generic sounding shit
>>
>>59636332
how about you suggest me something an OP-1 can do that my MC-303 that cost me $150 cant.
>>
>>59636532
i cant because i dont own any of both synths
thats why im asking
>>
>>59636680
to be fair, its not even that the OP-1 is terrible or anything, its just grossly overpriced
>>
>>59636715
well is so tiny and easy to carry/use, thats a + for me
also where i live everything is terribly overpriced
>>
it's overpriced but if portability or taking it anywhere matters it's pretty good
>>
>>59636532
its a sampler, sequencer and has a synth engine, the effects are better, you can just dump all your work via USB to your daw if needed, and portable as fuck just to name a few things
>>
>>59636896
btfo
t
f
o
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.