[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one /mu/? Narrowed it down to these three. Never gotten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-10-13-22-47-13.png (296 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-13-22-47-13.png
296 KB, 720x1280
Which one /mu/? Narrowed it down to these three. Never gotten headphones before so I'm willing to spend more for the investment tbh, but idk if the HD 598 is much of a difference to HD 558. Put the M50x in there too as it's the cheapest, but I'm not as interesting in closed-back. What do you guys think?
>>
>>59631183
I own a pair of 558s and like em. Sound quality is okay but they are as comfy as headphones can get
>>
ATH M50Xs

If you're gonna be dumb and buy into Shillheiser get the 558s.

If you want open cop some SHP9500s
>>
>>59631275
Why don't you like seinheiser? Seems to me they make a quality product with little gimmick and don't overcharge. Seems like a decent business to me
>>
>>59631378

They're fine headphones, but they have worse sound quality than other headphones in the same range and their main appeal is aesthetics and comfort, one of which shouldn't even be a factor since if you're wearing open headphones outside you already don't care what people think of you or you're too oblivious for it to matter. And as far as comfiness goes the phillips are more comfy (way lighter on your head) and breathable apart from responding better in higher and lower ranges.

Sennheiser are just like what Razer is to gaming products. They're fine but they have a huge backing for no technical reason and stay afloat among higher quality competitors entirely due to mindless promotion surrounding them.
>>
Do people here wear their 'open' headphones while out?
>>
>>59631243
Oh nice I've read about the comfort on both HDs being great. And what do you mean by 'okay' sound quality? I would have thought it would be a bit better than that. Have you tried the foam mod I think it's called?
>>59631488
Isn't the M50s like that too though? And the aesthetic is hardly the main selling point, but more about neutral sound + soundstage + comfort.
>>
>>59631183
All of these are pretty shitty picks OP. Mind telling me your budget and the kind of music you listen to?
>>
>>59631565

M50s are 30 euro cheaper, the bass goes deeper and bleeds less and the mids end up less muddled than the sennheisers.

And you'd be surprised how many people buy the 598s due to the color and aesthetics. I've seen pictures of animu characters wearing them and that in and of itself gets some weebs interested in them
>>
i'm sick of these threads. stop having the internet make decisions for you, just get whatever you want. life's long dude, you can afford to fuck up sometimes. besides, they're all fine, you won't be disappointed in any of them, and if you are, whatever. at least you'll have experienced a real emotion for once
>>
>>59631673
Wew damn. Well budget is around £150 max (~$220). Mainly listen to IDM, hip hop, and alt. rock the most.

>>59631762
It is cheaper but this is a long-term investment so I can afford more. I don't really necessarily want a huge emphasis on bass either, but then again I'm not entirely sure as these are my first encounter into higher end audiophile equipment.

And I don't mind the bleeding, as I would prefer open back for music/gaming. I think the colour scheme is alright but feel it could get old pretty quickly. I am leaning more towards 598 just so I know I've got the best I can in the price range, but urgh idk tbh.

>>59631772
Understand what you're saying but this is for music discussion, so I just wanted to see what people with some experience in this have to say m888. I can fuck up, but I would like not to tbh. That was quite inspirational though tbvh.
>>
Meme-50x user here. I'm in love with them, tbh. One of the best things I've ever bought for myself.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.