[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's be honest here. In comparison to this, Not Here/Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: the gate.jpg (152 KB, 595x600) Image search: [Google]
the gate.jpg
152 KB, 595x600
Let's be honest here. In comparison to this, Not Here/Not Now was terrible.
>>
>>59620231
dont remember
>>
i don't know what source gira used for the primavera audio on not here/not now but what i do know is that he absolutely butchered it and it has some of the worst mastering i've ever seen on a live album. it's absolutely unlistenable. there are radio bootlegs of that primavera set that sound better.
>>
I still haven't listened but The Seer/BTS/Toussaint is one of the greatest things they done. Oxygen was also much better than it was on the record.

I am not talking about the audio quality though, that was terrible.
>>
>>59620386
Yeah I think we all agree it sounds like complete garbage.
I'm glad The Gate sounds as good as it does, I was worried after NH/NN
>>
>>59620231
I hope Gira significantly shifts his style in future incarnations of Swans, hes been operating on the same compositional structure and building on it slightly since The Seer and it's pretty stale at this point. He's remaking The Seer/The Apostate over and over, and it's not particularly interesting or even affecting at this point.
>>
i bought the other one and never listened to it
i was going to get the deluxe service this time around but i was like a day late, because of people buying the basic cd deal, hah.
>>
>>59620479
uh, and branca started when?
there's been a lot of development.
go spend some time getting to know it all again.
>>
>>59620479
Eh I don't really see it as remaking. There are a lot of unique tracks on both The Seer and TBK.
Sure there are some similarities, but keep in mind the stylistic differences between The Seer and TBK.
I still think the new album will surprise us in how tame it is. Just my thoughts based off the acoustic demo tracks on The Gate.
>>
Anyone got a dl?
>>
>>59620517
the gate - acoustic tracks?
did i miss something?
>>
>>59620583
Last 4 tracks on disc 2 are demos recorded by Gira on acoustic guitar?
>>
wat band?
>>
>>59620583
gira has included demos on nh/nw and the gate which are acoustic but never end up sounding much like the actual song bar a melody or two.
>>
>>59620605
>>59620615
ooops
didnt get that far . . . .
still have little god and apos on repeat kek
>>
LINK PLZ
>>
We Rose From Your Bed is still their best live album.
>>
>>59621405

uploadable ch/file/eeFe9D8axxW4/S-TG.rar
>>
>>59620231
aoty 2016 confirmed tbh
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.