[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ So my band Secure the Sun is playing our first show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: stork.jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
stork.jpg
4 KB, 160x160
Hey /mu/

So my band Secure the Sun is playing our first show on November 27th in Oakland at the Stork Club. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on promoting to get as many people as possible to go? Ive already thought of sending an event to a newspaper and promoting on various sites like reddit (pls no h8).

Also do you guys happen to know of any good entry level venues in the East Bay or Sac area? Many thanks in advance
>>
>Verb the Noun
Don't bother, lad, you probably suck
>>
>>59616947
Fair enough. But you've never heard us play. So you can proceed to go fuck yourself
>>
>>59616930
you should try shitposting on an Australian gardening forum on the internet and see how it goes
>>
zach here
you should play the Omni in Berzerkely
its still there . . . . right?
thats what it says on frizzle fry . . .
>>
>>59616930
your band doesn't sound too bad, seems like some generic indie/alt rock music

found you on soundcloud via google
>>
>>59618014
i just ;looked it up: its cute. they need a less macho name . . . .secure the cupcake or something dunno

im going out for a run

hope this thread is here when i get back
>>
OP here. so much shit on our name. lol at least were out trying to get shit done. Its unfortunate that only our poppier stuff is posted on soundcloud.
>>
>>59616930
Just want to say, good luck and have fun.
>>
>>59618279
thank you :)
>>
>>59618224
hey faggot you dont even know who youre talking to.
i've bumped your damn thread like three times. i saved you from the fucking void.
YOURE WELCOME
>>
where my bay area underground at?
wooooo
wooooo?

hows this: http://undietacos.org/undietacos/board/
>>
>so my band

stopped right there

fuck off
>>
>>59618847
fuck you support independent music you faggot fuck
>>
>>59616930
http://undietacos.org/undietacos/locations.html
>>
>>59616930

Get in contact with whoever is in charge of promotions at a local college radio station (source: I used to be that person). Ask them for help promoting the event, maybe some people from the station will end up going as well. Promote it on social media sites, if you have friends (make an event on fb or something and invite everyone).

>>59618224

The name is really lame though (no offense, just being honest). Sounds like some scenester hairspray metalcore band from 8 years ago.

>>59618872

yikes
>>
>>59619034
>yikes
hey im helping lil bro out.
chill
>>
File: big_lebowski_3.jpg (30 KB, 321x357) Image search: [Google]
big_lebowski_3.jpg
30 KB, 321x357
>>59619098

i love to support the local scene as much as the next guy but callin people 'faggot fuck' isn't a good look bro.

>chill

calmer than you are dude
>>
>>59619202
uh, i dont think you even understand the potential depths of calm of here.
i am the cartographer of calm.
i discovered it.
i made it from the ashes of memes and faggots
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.