[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did something go wrong with MEGA? I received a copyrights in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 01_mega_logo.svg.png (48 KB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
01_mega_logo.svg.png
48 KB, 2000x1414
Did something go wrong with MEGA? I received a copyrights infringement warning today, agreed to it, and afterward was unable to access my account and files. I've did some reading and it turns out that the site's creator Kim DotCom is no longer involved in the site and it has been taken over chinese investors.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/07/31/kim-dotcom-i-dont-think-your-data-is-safe-on-mega-anymore/

Have you guys been able to access your accounts? I'm fucked. There's a lot of recordings I did of live shows of local bands there that I don't have stored anywhere else. Fuck me, I learned the lesson to store redundantly. I really though this service was coming to stay.

This post is music related since we use MEGA extensively to share music
>>
File: 1334628464173.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1334628464173.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
>see mega logo
>see copyright infringement
>click on link
>404
>4CHAN IS CENSORING US. THE HAPPENING
>click again
>threads still up

i don't use mega anymore.
>>
>>59606031
It hasn't been under Dotcom's control for a good while now. Even then I wouldn't have used it as a primary storage service because of how volatile Dotcom's companies are.
>>
Welcome to your future under the TPP

We've got 87 days left of the internet as we know it...
>>
>>59606407
they'll probably track us down.

we've got 87 days of life as we know it...
>>
this can happen to torrent sites or p2p programs????????????????????????????????????
>>59606407
>87 days
what gonna happend or what
>>
>>59606407
uh there are already takedowns for copyright infringement
>>
What's the next site instead of mega?
>>
why haven't you joined the missionary church of kopimism yet?

>All knowledge to all;
>The pursuit of knowledge is sacred;
>The circulation of knowledge is sacred;
>The act of copying is sacred.

invoke freedom of religion when you're sent a copyright infringement notice, take it to the courts, publicize it enough so that you get the support of groups like eff and the aclu, and pray to the gods of anti-copyright that you win
>>
>>59606537

probably Upload
>>
>>59606720
upload is slow as shit
>>
>>59606720
Never heard of it, granted I don't know much about the file upload game.
>>
>>59606031
wtf have you been living under a rock, dude?

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/15/07/27/200204/interviews-kim-dotcom-answers-your-questions

>Mega Technique
>by Anonymous Coward

>I've seen some criticism from open source advocates and hackers that Mega can't be trusted because the source isn't available.What assurance could you give someone to the point that their files may not be kept secret while hosted on your platform?

Dotcom:
I'm not involved in Mega anymore. Neither in a managing nor in a shareholder capacity. The company has suffered from a hostile takeover by a Chinese investor who is wanted in China for fraud. He used a number of straw-men and businesses to accumulate more and more Mega shares. Recently his shares have been seized by the NZ government. Which means the NZ government is in control. In addition Hollywood has seized all the Megashares in the family trust that was setup for my children. As a result of this and a number of other confidential issues I don't trust Mega anymore. I don't think your data is safe on Mega anymore. But my non-compete clause is running out at the end of the year and I will create a Mega competitor that is completely open source and non-profit, similar to the Wikipedia model. I want to give everyone free, unlimited and encrypted cloud storage with the help of donations from the community to keep things going.
>>
>>59606537
zippyshare seems decent.
>>
>>59606031
More for your ass
https://www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3933774/kim-dotcoms-new-site-mega-is-a-flop-with-pirates-and-heres-why
>>
>>59606537
Kim said he's working on Mega V3 since Mega V2 is out of his control now.
>>
>>59606823
they delete the file if theres 30 days of inactivity on it
>>
It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.