[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have to be mentally 12 years old to enjoy metal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: heavy-metal.jpg (191 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
heavy-metal.jpg
191 KB, 1280x1024
Do you have to be mentally 12 years old to enjoy metal?
>>
Do you have to be mentally 16 years old to waste your time shitposting on /mu/ about genres you don't like?
>>
>>59605520
you have to be mentally 12 years old to not recognize the merits of an expansive genre. not all metal is riffy bullshit about dungeons and dragons
>>
MY MUSIC IS FOR ADULTS NO KIDS ALLOWED
>>
File: Electric+Wizard+-+Dopethrone.jpg (64 KB, 572x572) Image search: [Google]
Electric+Wizard+-+Dopethrone.jpg
64 KB, 572x572
No.
Do you have to be mentally 12 years to be so edgy and think all metal is bad, there are a lot of good albums. Not all metal is just blank riffs and fast pentatonic solos.
>>
Do you have to be 12 years old to appreciate indie rock and hip hop? No, but you would think otherwise by reading this board.
>>
>>59605520
DUDE LOUD GUITAR LMAO
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x2016) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x2016
>Not all metal is [insert cool characteristics here]
I know what you're trying to do but dungeons and riffs and fast solos, etc. are all great.
Not liking metal is fun for people who pretend they're too mature to enjoy exciting things for what they are.
>>
the trick to aging gracefully is to not replace yourself and to find time to indulge your previous yous
>>
>>59605520
Yeah pretty much. Early metal like 70's Sabbath and shit like that are good because it was new and original and had a dynamic sound. Today's metal is cringe/edgelord tier metal that you have to be a fat greasy neckbeard to enjoy. I mean if you go to a metal concert literally everyone looks and behaves the same way, like a 12 year old. It's hilarious.
>>
>>59605988
smh you're missing out on some amazing shit. There was a thread recently on how "le rong genertion mmers xD" were right, and nobody from /metal/ or just a fan in general felt that anout metal today. I guess if you consider the pinacle of metal today to be the mainstream stuff like Slipknot, Metallica, Lamb of God, whatever, sure. But check out the following bands and you may be suprised by the artistic value, musicianship, and innovation present

>Leviathan
>Gnaw Their Tongues
>Godflesh
>Darkspace
>Nails
>Bell Witch

I'm happy I gave metal a try, cuz its honestly great
>>
>>59605988
How do 12 year olds behave?
Like they're not neurotically self conscious and afraid to have a good time?
EPIX CRINGE BRUG BRUH
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.