[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any music genre that tries to emulate a future sound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: strange-music-14-400.jpg (336 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
strange-music-14-400.jpg
336 KB, 400x400
Is there any music genre that tries to emulate a future sound with a mindset and technical capabilities of a particular decade ?

A reverse Vaporwave?
>>
So like, what people in previous decades thought the future would sound like? Couldn't you just listen to "experimental/avant-garde" music from those decades to get that experience?
>>
>>59604173
Well, you know how some artists sound "ahead of their time" or have a few songs that are like that. Well that thing but produced in much bigger quantities and getting the kicks out of knowing what the future is.

The problematic with envisioners of future is that they are guessing, while with my understanding of said music genre, the creator is completely aware of the future so he can freely play with it.
>>
Just listen to old-school electronic music.
>>
>>59604475
Well I don't think this virtual genre would sound like that.
>>
Trying to make sense of your question but if I get it right it's just bands who try to make futuristic sounding music right? What comes to mind for me is Dismemberment Plan, Daft Punk, Clarence Clarity, Scott Walker, and James Blake.
>>
>>59604975
No no not those type. Like a 70s band making 90s music in a 70s environenment. Basically a future that has passed but not in the timeframe of that virtual band, so the band "tries" to imagine. I'm using quotes here because the artists would be aware of what's music like then and could play with it.
>>
>>59604113
The word you're looking for is retrofutureism, AFAIK it's more common in lituratre and movies but I'm sure you could find some retrofutureist sounding music.
>>
>>59605124
No, not an imagining of a future in the eyes of then-people. Like being aware of the real future completely. Not daisy glasses.
>>
psychedelic shit op.

i think you should try to do it. its kinda interesting idea.

i can grasp that part where sometimes and old band sounds really modern and then i go like wtf this is actually old

i'm more interested to see ancient music reproduced tbh. never been into scifi stuff but love history.

think of some abcient egyptian stuff. or whatever. i know some notations have actually survived. but dunno what is the oldest known song. does anyone here know?
>>
>>59605037
so.. is this kinda like fashion. how people are ahead of trends somehow and they become trends and they invent another already, for the future in the now. mind blown
>>
>>59605320
So lemme get this straight. So like a 70's band playing 90's music who were trying to emulate the sound of what 90's music would sound like and got it bang on? Well I'm really not sure of what that would be. Honestly and I'm not trying to like troll here I'd guess the black eyed peas would be the closest although I guess we'll have to see if pop music still sounds this same samey in the future. Besides that maybe the Violent Femmes? Idk if they had what the 90's would sound like in mind though.
>>
He is talking about stuff like steampunk or dieselpunk.

Where people make future (we on real life know its possible to happen) tech using old tech
>>
>>59605611
Dude I already explained that's not what I had in mind in these posts:
>>59605320
>>59605037

Maybe using "mindset" was incorrect in OP because being a clairvoyant goes somewhat against the trends of the time.
>>
>>59605320
>Like being aware of the real future completely.
Obviously, unless you sort of are from the illuminati, that already have their plans prepared ahead of time and have to much power that they know they will fullfill their plans
YOU CANT PREDICT THE FUTURE
>>
Op are you talking about this kind of situation:

1- Guy make new song
2- No one care
3- Years pass
4- The type of music guy from step 1 made is sort of "inventent again" and become a trend
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hU8gVDxmUc GOTCHU FAM
>>
>>59604113
>bimp
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.