[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-Rock Recs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: post-rock thread.jpg (225 KB, 372x372) Image search: [Google]
post-rock thread.jpg
225 KB, 372x372
Recommend me your best albums.
http://pastebin.com/Ez3s2HMy
Here is a list of post-rock albums I heard
[organized by loved/meh/didn't like/backlog].
>>
you, sir, deserve 1'000,000 internets. you got yume bitsu.
>>
It appears you haven't listened to Mogwai's Come On Die Young. It's their best imo
>>
>>59595677
Why didn't you like any of the original Post-rock albums like Laughing Stock or Soundtracks for the Blind, anon? I really don't think you'll like any of Tortoise then.
>>
>>59595677
We Lost The Sea's most recent album is really well done for a crescendocore album, so check that out. Also listen to:
Dirty Three
Hungry Ghosts
Tuna Laguna
Blueneck

Lymbyc Systym
Barn Owl
Do Make Say Think
Sleepmakeswaves
>>
Explosions in the Sky - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone
>>
File: b3d8395f.jpg (136 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
b3d8395f.jpg
136 KB, 658x658
>>59595929
I'll try it, thanks.
Just remembered I also listened to the EP - My Father My King, and I liked it.
>>59595951
I don't know, I listened to Talk Talk's albums a lot of times, but something about the 1st wave just doesn't strike me.
>>59595971
>>59595989
Thanks I'll check these
>>
>>59595971
Sorry I just realised you said albums, not artists
We Lost The Sea - Departure Songs
Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
Hungry Ghosts - Alone, Alone
Tuna Laguna - Ripples and Swells
Blueneck - Scars of the Midwest
té - ならば、意味から解放された響きは『音』の世界の深淵を語る
Lymbyc Systym - Love Your Abuser
Barn Owl - Ancestral Star
Do Make Say Think - Do Make Say Think
Sleepmakeswaves - ...And So We Destroyed Everything
>>
65daysofstatic - One Time For All Time
65daysofstatic - The Destruction Of Small Ideas
This Patch Of Sky - This Patch Of Sky
Lost In The Riots - Move On, Make Trails
The Living Sleep - Remnants
Anoice - The Black Rain
Codes In The Clouds - Paper Canyon
The Evpatoria Report - Golevka
>>
>>59596009
that's much better, thanks
I wish Japanese artists would be easier to deal with, I always have trouble with getting their materials..
>>59596087
Ahh yeah I heard The Evapatoria Report EP and it was pretty good.
I heard some negative things about 65daysofstatic, of course I wont judge it before actually listening to it, but why people put them down?
>>
>>59596122
bump
>>
Time for some spitballing:
Cerberus Shoal - Homb
School of Emotional Engineering - s/t
Tarentel - The Order of Things (or From Bone to Satellite if it's too droney for you)
Farewell Poetry - Hoping for the Invisible to Ingite
Steven R. Smith - Tableland

Also, I'm surprised the other anon suggested Ancestral Star for a Barn Owl album. Lost in the Glare is much post-rockier imo but eh.
Mamiffer - Mare Decendrii
Tangled Thoughts of Leaving - Deaden the Fields
>>
>>59595677
What's the name of the album over Agætis Býrjun?
>>
>>59596404
Yume Bitsu - The Golden Vessyl of Sound
>>
Have you heard tunnel blanket by this will destroy you? That and their new album are really breaking the mold for third wave. Do make say think are great if you wanna branch out but if you want something accessible then check out maybeshewill or 65 days of static
>>
>>59597666
Not OP but Tunnel Blanket was crazy good, and this is coming from someone who normally can't stand third wave.
>>
>>59596484
Thanks anon!
>>
Some anon posted this, thought it was pretty good:
https://moiposledniekanikuly.bandcamp.com/album/--5

Also you said you don't like 1st wave but Tortoise is great imo
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.