[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To Pimp a Butterfly is Kendrick's Weakest Album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 81VcA8-kuZL._SL1500_.jpg (433 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81VcA8-kuZL._SL1500_.jpg
433 KB, 1500x1500
GKMC is much much better than TPAB because on GKMC everything he's rapping about feels personal and genuine. He doesn't tell us what to think, he shows us the picture and lets us come to our own conclusions about what it's all supposed to mean. On TPAB he comes off as preachy and like he's trying to force an agenda down your throat. GKMC >>>>>> TPAB
>>
>>63357428
Kendrick Lamar has no clue how to make music, and critics have no clue either since they're praising him

GKMC is overhyped, generic hip hop. There are some interesting compositions, but it still fails to advance hip hop music in any meaningful way, something the genre is in desperate need of. TPAB is compositionally retarded, for lack of a better expression. UU is slightly more interesting, but demonstrates no better understand of music from Mr. Duckworth. I agree that TPAB is his worst, with either GKMC or Section.80 being his best.
>>
File: 1448761575903.jpg (33 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1448761575903.jpg
33 KB, 960x960
>>63357490
Additionally,
>TPAB is his worst
>"either GKMC or Section.80 being his best
>one of his other two albums is the best
>wew lads
>>
>>63357428
ITT: I'm white and I feel attacked when people discuss racism
>>
>>63357526
What about UU? And even without that, it's still not a wrong statement, it could be simply expressing that I am unsure of which is best, as opposed to decisively picking one.
>>
>>63357571
It's not wrong, but it's a terminal case of "no shit sherlock"
>>
>>63357428
DINDI NUFFIN
>>
TPAB is overrated and GKMC has better songs and more #b a n g e r z tbqh.
I don't listen to hip hop to get preached at.

TPAB is filled with political and blm nonsense. GKMC is just a good album without any of this "deep" posturing.
>>
>>63357428
in a few years this album will sound dated. kendrick should have never made this racial buzzword of an album.
>>
>He's too preachy! How dare he address the racial relations between blacks and whites? How dare he try to tell us to get along?
I'm seriously starting to believe Kendrick on whites not wanting a black artist to succeed and send a positive message that's unlike the same old shit we've been getting from black artists for 3 decades
>>
>>63358514
>ignoring lyrics while listening to hip hop
>being this uncomfortable with the topics of race, social justice, and politics that are changing the face of our society today

wew
go listen to indie you whitebread
>>
>>63358554
i don't listen to music to hear about that shit. i could just turn on the news or listen to a podcast or something.

i listen to it because i enjoy the sound of it

i dont care what some rapper thinks about political issues, i care whether or not he makes good songs.
>>
>>63358554
I just don't want politics mixing with music. It's lame. If a white guy started making songs about how great Trump and America is I wouldn't like it either.
>>
>>63358577
You sound like an idiot that listens to hip-hop just so he can feel trendy and hype all the goddamn time, people like you really are the cancer of this board.

>>63358623
So what would you wanna hear instead? Kanye talking about bleached assholes and fucking taylor swift while a bunch of shitty trap rap artists back him up?
>>
>>63358700
I wouldn't mind TPAB if the actual music was better. The Blacker the Berry and i felt like the only 10/10 songs.
>>
>>63357428
>reads one pitchfork review
>>
>>63358700
referencing political/current events makes the work sound incredibly dated 5-10 years from now and ridiculous.
>>
TPAB is why i'm voting for Trump
>>
>>63358700
>>63358700
I never said I hated the record or anything. It's alright I just prefer GKMC and UU. I don't give a shit about Kanye either.

I'm not into conscious/political hip hop really. Music is a form of escapism and having these issues that are constantly talked about and pounded into your head everywhere else in life detracts from that.
>>
GKMC > UU >>> TPAB
>>
>>63357428
>on GKMC everything he's rapping about feels personal and genuine.
You listened to u, i, blacker the berry or mortal man
desu if you think politics ruined TPAB your basic af, also if you like TPAB because of the politics your also basic af
>>
>>63358750
If you seriously don't think Wesley's Theory, u, Mortal Man, Alright, These Walls, How Much a Dollar Cost, and even For Free don't have that same emotional charge and build-up that's present on i and The Blacker the Berry then you probably haven't listened to the album. Complexion, Momma, Institutionalized, and You Ain't Gotta Lie are also make for some pretty chill hip-hop with a good message

>>63358779
"Dated" isn't a proper critique.

>>63358826
UU has some mind blowing moments and some really terrible ones, like the fucking demo that's on Untitled 08 for some reason.

If music is just a form of escapism then tell me what's up with every song with sad lyrics, Music is a form of meditation more than a form of escapism.
>>
>>63357428
all his albums are shitty

there is literally nothing to get out of his music unless you're a cuck because it's not catchy or anything, just memes.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.