[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These albums are pretty much the same. Both messy, pretentious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 382483443453.jpg (806 KB, 2231x1015) Image search: [Google]
382483443453.jpg
806 KB, 2231x1015
These albums are pretty much the same. Both messy, pretentious and unenjoyable to listen to. Yet, because scaruffi and other pretentious people say that TMR is some amazing album, it gets praised a classic. Lol, take a step back and actually listen to it for what it is, it's trash, just like speeding bullet to heaven.

Explain why I'm wrong.
>>
You're really not
>>
TMR is not messy. Just has dated production. "Pretentious" isn't a valid argument. Unenjoyable in your opinion. I enjoy it a lot, because I'm a delta blues fan and this album provides the most twisted insight into a genre that traditionally didn't get too many updates.

Speeding Bullet is straight up shit made by a delusional person with a vision of a 5 year old. Cudi was simply not up to the somewhat ambitious task but thought he was the coolest shit after hearing Kurt Cobain demos or something. He decided to keep all the work at that demo level.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 340x357) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 340x357
>unenjoyable to listen to

Well that's like, your opinion man.

And calling music "messy" isn't an inherent insult. Aleotoric pieces are messy as fuck but that's the entire point. Sometimes messiness is intentional to express mental clutter or angst, panic, etc. Like noise rock often utilizes.

And you speak as if there's no method to TMR's madness. It's not my favorite album by any means, only like 7/10 for my taste, but the tension it creates and releases is well timed and the chaos is clearly still based in the structure of the drumming.

It sounds like a bullshit response but half the fun of TMR is digging through the web of musical intricacies that require knowledge of music theory to untether.

All this is to say that it's not to be compared with the disposable trash that is SB2H, which makes use of horridly unpleasant and unfunny cringeworthy beavis and butthead skits, half-assed guitar riffs that could've been fabricated by any idiot who was taught basic power chords and played guitar for a month, and incessant baseless whining.

And just throwing it out there, the argument you made is the equivalent of:

A bike and a limousine are pretty much the same thing. Both have wheels, turn, and can be used to transport persons.

Overall, 3/10 thread
>>
MAH SMILE IS DEAD
>>
>>63349938
I still laugh out loud sometimes at the thought that he actually thinks that album was even stylistically punk rock. And then I die laughing when I remember that thousands of his delusional sheep fans instantly believed it was because he said so
>>
>>63350074
>A bike and a limousine are pretty much the same thing. Both have wheels, turn, and can be used to transport persons.
Nope, the argument he was making was both sound trash. He's not wrong lol.
>>
>>63349872
you ignorant fuck
>>
>>63350140
Good argument.
>>
>people in this thread realizing TMR is actual trash, now having to desperately look for some pretentious reason to say why it's 'good'.

You bought in to the scaruffi's a genius meme.
>>
>>63350117
Again, that's your and his opinion. That doesn't make it objectively so. Just because it doesn't fit nicely in your thick skulled cookie cutter mental set for how music should sound doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by others as great music. And yes that was the argument he was making, he just did it in terrible fashion. Clearly anyone that knows anything knows those two albums are actually not anywhere close to nearly the same.
>>
>>63350209
Do you ever read your own posts and realize how tragically closed your ears are and obscenely open your mouth is?
>>
>>63350074
Damn, OP got rekt
>>
I enjoy SB2H
>>
>>63349872
TMR is some great complex blues music,
SBTH is an awful attempt at edgy 90's grunge.
>>
>>63349872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_7eofl08ZI
this is on par with TMR
cudi's best song yet
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.