[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are you acting like this isnt the best album ever created,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 61z+BBE0lPL.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61z+BBE0lPL.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
why are you acting like this isnt the best album ever created, /mu/ ? no one is buying the act. give in.
>>
I know this was just stupid bait, but I'm gonna take the opportunity to talk about ITAOTS for a bit.

I think this album is really misunderstood. A lot of people think that it's just a love letter to Anne Frank, but it's much more conceptual than that. I see it as a concept album about a love that transcends lifetimes: it begins with a (possibly incestuous) relationship between a boy and Anne Frank, and by the end of King of Carrot Flowers, the two lovers have died and reincarnated. The boy becomes alienated in his new life and becomes obsessed with finding his reborn lover after reading Anne Frank's diary and having a self-realization. It ends with the boy fantasizing about the relationship he would have with Anne in Two Headed Boy Part 2, but at the same time he is forced to come to terms with the fact that he will never find her.

Thoughts? I think this is the best way to explain lines such as "now she's a little boy in Spain/playing pianos filled with flames", etc.
>>
I LOOOOVVVVEEEEEE YYYYOOOOOUUUUU JEEEESSSSUUSSSSS CCCCHRRRIIIISSSTTTT
>>
File: 1.png (71 KB, 184x166) Image search: [Google]
1.png
71 KB, 184x166
>>63194353
>tfw your favorite album will forever just be a meme
>>
Communist, the communist daughter,
standing by the seaweed water,
>>
>>63194587
Solid explaination
>>
>>63194587
>>63194645
i posted this mainly to upset people that dont like the album, but i assure you its my favorite album that ive heard so far in my life. so many elements of it come together perfectly. i will never find another band that has that victorian surrealism mixed with lofi fuzzy folk rock sound to them. its too perfect to me.
>>
If you think this is the best album ever created you need to listen to more music.
>>
>>63194671
Does "Semen stains the mountaintops" mean "cum all over her tits"?
>>
>>63194587
youre not right about this at all but you have a decent imagination
>>
>>63194923
Well, what do you think it's about?
>>
>>63194918
the song is about anne franks writings on her own sexuality, i presume
>>
So how exactly did ITAOTS become a meme?
>>
>>63195093
Because people like it, it gets spammed a lot and becomes popular. Like every meme in history. Hard to believe, ain't it?
>>
>>63194820
Wtf is Victorian surrealism?
>>
>>63195045
well, ill tell you what i do know to be true from obsession over interviews and live performance chatter and such. king of carrot flowers 1-3 are all about jeffs childhood or growing up in some way. his mom actually did stab his dad with a fork. hes fumbling around with sexuality, hes learning about life itself. part 2 is just an expression, hes said. part 3 is about his previous band SFM, and about early adulthood. ITAOTS (the song) is roughly about a perfect day with a loved one. two headed boy is the day ending, night coming, blacker than black. he makes a magic radio for his lover and she breaks it (jeffs words, not mine) holland is obvious anne frank obsession, communist daughter is about sexuality, female masturbation (moves herself about her fist) oh comely is about a lot of things. anne frank, his father, some unexplained things and goldaline (a siamese twin) freezing to death in a forest. ghost is about a paranormal experience jeff had where he believes anne franks ghost visited him. untitled is sometimes referred to as 'the penny arcade in california', not sure why. thbp2 is one i dont have much info on but he claimed he thought it would probably never come out when he wrote it. obviously about father troubles and anne frank and death overall. he has said a few times there is no overarching story to it. its his confusion coming out as songs. hope this helps you understand it a bit more
>>
>>63195258
the cover art itself, two headed boys in glass jars, flying gramophones, most of the lyrical concepts on the album have a tint of late victorian era dream like surrealism. its incredibly familiar and comforting to me and im not sure why.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.