[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand why Tame Impala is not praised enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 360x360
I don't understand why Tame Impala is not praised enough on /mu/.

They're better than AnCo or The Flaming Lips at least.
>>
>They're better than AnCo or The Flaming Lips at least.
"no"
>>
>>63139945
Tame Impala is hands down the best band in the world right now. They are not pretty good, they are pretty incredible. But more than just how good they are, They represent the first ripple in a massive change that we are about to go through musically as well as culturally. I think that over the course of the next 10 years we are going to see a sort of mini-renaissance similar to what we saw in the late 50s-60s post war. With pot and gay marriage soon to be legal federally its gonna be a whole new world. 2012 end of the world isn't the end of human life, its the end of one way of thinking and the start of another. Pot...cash...crop...money! As someone already said here on Reddit, The united states will be the only country in the world were pot is legal federally. We are gonna have jobs again, and money to burn. Money to spend on art and music. In a sense, a need will be created for GOOD art and music. Not something that is coldy manufactured by hitmakers. Tame Impala is leading the charge! They are proving that people CAN tell the difference between real and manufactured music! Im not saying Tame Impala are the next Beatles but they are making enough waves to make change. Moral of story, Tame Impala Rocks!!!! They (kevin park) are making real beautiful music that only happens when a talented person commits a lot of time to something that they are passonate about. Tame Impala is a real life "bedroom" band, they way it is meant to be.
>>
>>63139945
Because this board is full of man-children who haven't grown out of the phase where the popularity of music has a lot to do with how popular it is.
>>
>not praised enough
>wasn't here in '12 when half the board was Tame Impala threads

Okay
>>
>>63139961
Still less cringe than Radiohead, Nirvana, and Death Grips fans.
>>
>>63140134
>being smug about how many years of your life you've wasted on 4chan

I will literally never understand this.
>>
>>63140154
I'm not being fucking smug. I'm saying there's been a fuckload of praise for Tame Impala here in the past.

People move on
>>
I like this album and agree the /mu/ hate for it is unwarranted but they aren't better than AnCo or The Lips. If you actually think that, you're part of the reason people pretend to hate this band.
>>
>>63139961
You are right. Here's the thing about Kevin. The man has some serious pipes
>>
>>63140185
>the userbase of 4chan has stayed exactly the same for 4 years

I will literally never understand how people think this.
>>
>>63139945
Well Currents was about as mediocre as an album can get. Completely forgettable. Had they put out a good to great release there would be more praise and support for them.
>>
>better than the flaming lips
Haha fuck you pleb
>>
>>63140237
Can you read? Get your mom in the room so she can help you read my last reply, you fucking inbred retard
>>
File: nevarker.png (196 KB, 721x457) Image search: [Google]
nevarker.png
196 KB, 721x457
>comparing Tame Impala to Animal Collective
>implying that Tame Impala is even close in quality regardless
>>
>>63140297
Let me help you through little buddy.

Your reasoning that no one is praising Tame Impala anymore because it already was done 4 years ago implies that a significant portion of this board isn't newer than that.
>>
Flaming lips>AnCo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tame impala
>>
>>63139945
Let me tell you something about Kevin Parker, the man's got some serious pipes.
>>
the new beatles
>>
>>63140261
That is not correct.
>>
>>63140213
some seriously limited pipes, yeah
>>
>>63140335
Currents >> PW desubh
>>
>>63141181
Holy b8
>>
File: 1455180114643.gif (863 KB, 277x300) Image search: [Google]
1455180114643.gif
863 KB, 277x300
>>63140261
>le "currents is forgettable" meme
>>
>>63139959
Anco is absolute garbage and Flaming Lips are mediocre
>>
>>63139945

Would you just evolve and get into BMSR already?
>>
>>63141275
(In my opinion)
>>
>>63140213
His album work sounds great in terms of vocals, but fuck have you ever heard him sing live? He's shite!
>>
>>63141239
>le reddit man arrives on 4chan
end yourself faggot, currents is a piece of garbage no matter what you believe in
>>
>>63140335
Anco didn't have any quality to begin with
>>
>They say /mu/tants don't like Tame Impala
>but that's bullshit, they dooooooo
>>
>>63141443
>I listened to MPP once
>>
>>63141456
I've listened to most of their discography and someone has yet to give me a good reason why I should even appreciate them
>>
Literally the easiest way to detect a plebeian. This and Eingya and other Backpambient artists.
>>
>>63141526
you can stay pleb if you want, nobody will stop you
>>
>>63141526
why should people have to tell you why to like something? cant you just think for yourself?
>>
>>63141591
There's a difference between actually liking something and appreciating something even though it might not be your cup of tea
>>
I don't enjoy Tame Impala and i even have more respect for artists such as Justin Bieber or Nicki Minaj because at least have their own thing going on.
Tame Impala does not...They just rip off and rehash things done 40 and 50 years a go. There's nothing original or creative about their music.
>>
File: inrep.jpg (421 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
inrep.jpg
421 KB, 1417x1417
>>63139945
yeah but radiohead so overshadow them in every way
>>
>>63139945
>They're better than AnCo or the Flaming Lips at least.
Way to invalidate your post with your shit taste. Good job.
>>
>>63139945
Tame impala > Flaming Lips
Top kek
>>
>>63141772
lonerism is way vetter than in rainbows
>>
>>63142490
lmaoing at your life right now
>>
>>63139945
>tumblr-rock
>in any way better than the band that created the greatest pop album of the last 20 years
have a wow
>>
babby's first trippy shit compliation
>>
>>63139945
Yeah, they're better than Animal Collective and The Flaming Lips, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>63142534
fuckin DELUSIONS, dog...
>>
new beatles
>>
>>63140149
I love tame impala and death grips. I also like radio head. Does that make me cancer?
>>
>>63139961
Wait, do you think tame impala is more than one person?
>>
>>63143227
Depends, are you a pretentious edgy asshole?
>>
>>63143281
I probably am tbqhfam
>>
>>63139945
>Better than AnCo
"no"
>Better than The Flaming Lips
Probably
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.