[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
music reviewing general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Capture.jpg (32 KB, 269x355) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
32 KB, 269x355
seems like every music reviewer out there with "good taste" is a pretty big douche.

>fantano reviews illegal leak, laughs it off and continues to douche it up
>scruffy is basically an autist who runs a terrible twitter and all his music reviews are a few lines at best
>pitchfork is fluff, english major-tier paragraphs of bullshit
>deadend hiphop is basically unwatchable due to stream of thought type filming and all the personalities stop surprising me (for the most part, not you breezy)

are there any good reviewers?
>>
why did you make this thread
go play in traffic kid
>>
File: j16oXrO.png (170 KB, 437x317) Image search: [Google]
j16oXrO.png
170 KB, 437x317
>>55558032
i'd rather eat my emotions
>>
>>55558040
I think he got to eat them before you did.
>>
File: christgau red a minus.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
christgau red a minus.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
What about Chrisgau
>>
>>55558023
I think you're being a little harsh on english majors with that third one
>>
>>55558023
Marcel is pretty good
>>
I thought people read up critics for two reasons:

1. Entertainment
2. Recommendations/ Another perspective
>>
>>55558023
anyone got a mirror for Fanthony Antano's complete fuck up this morning?
>>
>>55558061
kek

spiderland c+
>>
>>55558023
stop looking for someone to follow
>>
dereck higgins is the only patrician music reviewer
>>
>>55558065
spotted the english major
>>
>>55558086
Kill yourself plagiarism lover
>>
File: 13225.jpg (15 KB, 460x350) Image search: [Google]
13225.jpg
15 KB, 460x350
>>55558023
>underlined "exercise enthusiast"
>>
>>55558061
I've never read a review of Chrisgau's that wasn't just a smug nonsense statement. Also his rating system makes zero fucking sense.

how the fuck does a picture of scissors or a looney toons bomb indicative of the quality of music? at least a 1 to 10 rating is a comparative ranking.
>>
>problematic vegan
is that why hes fat
>>
He can DL 4pl8 brah, he's a big guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADCMmKb5R8c
>>
File: christfrog.jpg (60 KB, 636x558) Image search: [Google]
christfrog.jpg
60 KB, 636x558
>>55558243
And The Money Store has the same grade and Tswift's Red.

what the cluck
>>
>>55558093
underrated post
>>
Hey guys, just out of curiosity (don't hurt me), but why do you fucking need reviewers? It's not like reviewing a movie. Why are you listening to these faggots making easy bucks and not listening to the music they're talking about? You'd be smarter if you did. just sayin', gtfo and listen.

This kind of hatred stems from a personal experience where I encountered a co-worker who was talking up a band and literally cited an entire paragraph off some jerk-off's "review." Though he couldn't name off a single song on the album except their single. Seriously, this guy went on about his favorite band but "i don't know the title man, i just know the song." The whole moment was cringe.
>>
>>55558537
it be good to confirm some of my thoughts or appreciations with someone who is "seasoned"

like sparring with a kung-fu master or something. you want to know what you missed and if you're feeling stuff that's objective or just in your own experience.

i would never tell someone to not like something they like because it is objectively inferior. obviously music is a deeply subjective thing, but there must be certain elements that are universally felt.
>>
>>55558602
What makes you the pupal and not the master?
>>
>>55558245
dunno maybe some sort of vegan next-level meme of being a sjw and fat
>>
>>55558636
*pupil, sorry.
>>
>>55558636
>>55558665
for starters, i'm 25, haven't got the time to listen to endless music and haven't made a career out of it so
>>
>>55558665
its not ok
>>
>>55558702
still doesn't really click with an understanding in my brain. i'm 21 and look for music i enjoy and listen to it to make my own opinion without basing off of someone else's OPINION. and i probably work just as much as you do. listening to music isn't hard to fit into your daily schedule.
>>55558707
but that's ok.
>>
Luke James is a pretty good hip hop reviewer, seems like he knows he's stuff and isn't a douchebag.
>>
>>55558243
YES! Why does anyone respect him? He's like a smugger Rolling Stone with the most retarded rating system conceivable.
>>
>>55558023
>pitchfork is fluff, english major-tier paragraphs of bullshit
Not even, English majors usually at least know how to spell and punctuate their sentences.
>>
>>55558023
I like Fantano more than the rest, because he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously. Scaruffi is a dick, and mostly a reaction to what's popular and critically praised. The Beatles and Aphex are overrated? Fuck off you pseudo intellectual piece of garbage.
>>
>>55558537
It can help expose me to new music. I wouldn't have found out about a lot of bands if I hadn't looked at p4k lists.
>>
>>55559410
lol this year fantano has been the worst person. he used to be tolerable but now it's like watching a monkey do a dance before he throws shit at you
>>
The only critics i pay attention to are Scaruffi and Marcel.
>>
Brett Stevens is pretty cool
>>
Honest question, not trying to be a dick, but why do you people read/watch reviews? I never tend to put much weight in some random guy's opinion, and would rather listen to the album myself.
>>
>>55558093
underrated post
>>
>>55559558
>>55558537

Mainly, it's just fun to watch, and get some other guy's perspective. Hearing music lovers talk about the music they love (or hate, in SOME cases) is pretty great.

Same reason I'm on /mu/. I don't NEED your opinions/shitposts/recs, but hey, it's fun, so who cares? And if you don't enjoy it, well, good for you, but there's nothing wrong with other people enjoying it.
>>
Most of the people whose opinion is worth a damn about music are the ones making it.
>>
File: 1428054395015.jpg (92 KB, 780x878) Image search: [Google]
1428054395015.jpg
92 KB, 780x878
>circlejerk thread

This needs updating.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.