[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>'Privileged white people shouldn’t steal hip-hop&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (561 KB, 620x594) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
561 KB, 620x594
>'Privileged white people shouldn’t steal hip-hop'
-Azealia Banks

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11308082/Azealia-Banks-Vs-Iggy-Azalea-White-people-shouldnt-steal-hip-hop.html

Is she right?
>>
>>55499758
white people are the only people buying hip hop albums and attending concerts so..............
>>
>>55499758
Is she talking about the Jewish man who signed her to a record deal and bought her exposure?
>>
No it doesn't matter
Music is music there's not a race wall that prevents someone from a different race making a kind of music
Race honestly shouldn't even be an issue everyone just do what they want and stop bitching all the time
Also white guilt isn't a real thing don't feel obligated to provide kindness and support based on ancestry provide kindness and support because that's what good people do and whoever you support should support you when you need it
People are fucking retarded and memes
>>
This should be an entertaining thread.
>>
White people have been in the hip hop genre/business basically since it started so I don't really understand the term "steal."

Now, having said that, I do however I agree that whites should not fetishize black culture and present themselves as black, as Iggy does in her music (she uses black-sona so to speak, despite being a rich white Aussie).

Also, Azealia hasn't exactly proved her worth to me as a person through her music or public statements either. Her racist and more or less "black supremacy," in hip hop, ideals don't appeal to me.
>>
>>55499758
It's usually people who don't listen to rap and know nothing about it that talk about this kind of nonsense.
>>
I'm so fucking sick of Azealia Banks publicly saying ignorant, racist shit and getting away with it because she's black. Hip-hop does not belong to black people, it's not "theirs". Art isn't owned by a particular race. Obviously the genre's origins and development are heavily tied in with african american culture and history, but there's always been white people and latinos who have contributed to it since the beginning.
>>
File: 26262.png (48 KB, 831x265) Image search: [Google]
26262.png
48 KB, 831x265
Get over here, pig.
>>
>hue hue hue muh culture plz don't touch it
Is she literally Tumblr: The Singer?
>>
>"ooga booga kill whitey"
- Azealia Banks
>>
>>55500231
¡¡¡ :^) !!!
>>
>>55499784
>>55499819
>>55499847
>>55499883
>>55499994
>>55500063
>>55500099

He's baaaaaack.

Enjoy spending the next 2 hours in this thread, top autisim m8
>>
>>55499981
Iggy's not very talented or authentic, I think we can all agree on that, but when does influence and imitation become "fetishizing black culture"? If certain elements important to the sound of conventional hip-hop like your accent derive from african american culture, then why should you not be able to imitate that due to your race in order to serve the artstyle? I don't hear anyone getting pissed at lil ugly mane or more accomplished for trying to sound black, so why does Iggy deserve the flack? Just because she's popular and makes uninspired music? Also, I don't agree that "street" or "ghetto" culture from which hip-hop was born out of is necessarily black culture, though it may have its roots in the black community. I mean whites and mexicans and anyone who grows up in those neighbourhoods tends to adopt that culture naturally, so why do we refer to it as a black culture when it's only a particular culture that doesn't define black people in america.
>>
I know this thread is bait but I just want to say this.
Have you seen all those autists on /r9k/ who always say normies shouldn't steal "their" memes?
It's exactly the same.
>>
>>55499784
I

DO
>>
>>55500404
>>>/pol/

Music will never be conservative and reactionary.
>>
>>55499758
I suppose I'd care if either of them made good music.
>>
stop talking about this shit
>>
>>55500427
>Music will never be conservative and reactionary.
Is this a challenge?
>>
Can this stupid cunt please fucking die already
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 630x420
>>55500427
>Music will never be reactionary
>>
>>55500376
I don't think that's him m8.
>>
>>55500400
It's hilarious watching the autists on this fling their shit when r9k culture is referenced outside of 4chan, then piss and moan about the same thing when other groups do the same shit to them.

For people who claim to be "self aware", they really lack the ability to spot their own hypocrisy.
>>
>>55499758
White people definitely shouldn't rap but only because it's a retarded dogshit genre for subhumans
>>
>>55500399
I don't think that Lil Ugly Mane actually sounds black, to me anyway. I think he just sounds like a white guy with a deep voice. Iggy actually sounds like she's imitating a 'trashy black woman.'

I think "acting black" is not really just negative for non blacks but for blacks themselves.

A friend of a friend (a black guy) grew up with other black kids making fun of him for getting good grades and told him that he was white and not black. Acting "black" is often just another way of being a fucking degenerate as much as that sucks.
>>
>>55499758
She is basically always saying stupid shit to get attention. Everything from her doesnt mean shit
>>
>>55499999
>>
>>55500399
LUM doesn't try to sound black. Only idiots who exclusively listened to MTI say this. He pitches his voice because he makes memphis rap.
>>
>>55499758
>privileged white people
>she grew up upper middle class and went to a fucking art school in new york
>>
>>55500400
I see a lot of correlation in the behavior of autist & black people
>>
>>55500742
/THREAD
>>
File: blc2.jpg (74 KB, 688x873) Image search: [Google]
blc2.jpg
74 KB, 688x873
>>
You're repeating yourself now Azealia. You gotta get better controversy starters going if you want to keep struggling to remain relevant.
>>
agreed. let the apes make their shitty music and destroy their own lives/careers. We don't even need the help of white people here
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.