[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post the genre(s) you listen to the most and why you like it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: theneedledrop.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
theneedledrop.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Post the genre(s) you listen to the most and why you like it, your favourite artists in it, how did you get into it etc. etc.
Be as general or specific as you want.

Post your age too
>>
doom metal coz i smoke alot of weed man, sometimes sludge too
>>
metalcore,cause i love cock
>>
>mfw bag of twix
>>
Noise because I'm all about them textures, I'm kinda tired of conventional rhythm and melody tbh.

>>55496187
Yeah I'm a pretty big fan of cock too.
>>
What if I can't really pin down one or two genres that I listen to the most?
>>
Psychedelic because I like abstraction and texture but also like melodies and pop sensibilities. Also I do drugs.

I like the Olivia Tremor Control, Acid Mothers Temple, the Apples in Stereo, Animal Collective, the Beach Boys, early Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett, Spacemen 3, the Brian Jonestown Massacre, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Circulatory System, Thee Oh Sees, and Deerhunter.

I suppose I "got into" psych since my dad listened to a lot of psych, then I got into the Elephant 6, and then I sort of listened to everything tangetially related to psych (krautrock, prog rock, dream pop, hypnagogic pop, space rock) and it all sounded good to me.

I'm 20.
>>
>>55496472
what drugs do you do?
i'm guessing psychedelics
>>
>>55496540
nah, mostly ibuprofen and pantenol
>>
File: galatic_melt.jpg (173 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
galatic_melt.jpg
173 KB, 540x540
retrosynth shit because it's dope

com truise, lazerhawk, mitch murder, daniel deluxe, powerglove.

don't even remember how i got into it

>>
>>55496540
Mostly psychs and weed, I got into ecstasy for a bit but nowadays I can't find any with actually good quality.

When I was younger I did dissociatives a lot but I got afraid I would get addicted to ketamine so I stopped.
>>
Math Rock because I like my music poppy and summery but not too mellow
Don Caballero, Battles, Storm and Stress, Tubelord, Colour
>>
Rock in general, mostly.
As for specific genres if rock, idk, the majority of my music is post-hardcore, but I have others.

Post-hardcore artists: Architects, From First To Last, Dance Gavin Dance, Tides of Man, A Lot Like Birds...

I honestly hate the majority of post-hardcore bands, it's just, generally speaking, metalcore w/o growls.
>>
>>55496911
forgot age
>>
>>55496962
Also, I'm 18
>>
Slam death because its one of the only genres that hasn't been ruined by avant-teens/tumblr yet, that and New York hardcore
>>
>>55497006
do you like 'at the drive-in'?
>>
Post-punk and goth shit. I enjoy the vocal style and the dark moody songs

The Cure, the fall, women, the birthday party.

>>
French Black Metal because it's the only genre that hasn't been ruined by Americans yet.
>>
>>55497097
Haven't heard. Link?
>>
>>55497384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6eC8C-K1Vs

Considered by many to be the best post-hardcore album, their first album is also really good, can't believe you haven't heard of them.
>>
>>55497490
*second album, i haven't listened to the first
>>
>>55497122
Americans already ruined black metal in general
>>
File: Sunbather.jpg (148 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Sunbather.jpg
148 KB, 1200x1200
>>55497609
yep
>>
>>55497609
But not French BM, which is why is specified.
>>
>>55497671
link me some french bm you like m8
>>
>>55497671
>>55497875
Didn't french black metal die after the 90s
>>
>>55497892
>Didn't black metal die after the 90s
FTFY
>>
>>55496111
>Twix
We all know that Varg really loves chomping down hard chocolate sticks
>>
>>55497875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDgC8gjyFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R0NIPwbPDw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCuzlbfxik

>>55497892
nah only LLN did
>>
>>55496187
There's a lot of shit Metalcore out there but good metalcore exists too. I really like Architects.
>>
>>55496111
Is this from a video? Link?
>>
>>55496962
What about older Post Hardcore like Refused, At the Drive In, or Fugazi?
>>
>>55497997
I was expecting some alcest atmo-stuff i'd heard before, but damn. these bands sound raw as fuck. Thanks for linking
>>
>>55498035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcro74fYGY
>>
File: 1426528402866.jpg (9 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1426528402866.jpg
9 KB, 240x196
>>55496197
>>55497950
yea and then the douche bags always driveling on about how you should be self sustained and only use what you need blah blah.
>mfw he needs twix
>mfw he needs a youtube account
>mfw he really needs guitar lessons tho
>>
I like cumbia.

Lisandro Meza is pretty good;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_0H9iHwhsU

I got into it via samba I suppose, just generally when I started searching for tropical sounds.
>>
Midwest Emo
I love the melodies, the twinkly guitars, and especially the raw emotion. Other genres have a large amount of artists that can be really confessional and emotive too but I don't think any genre has as many bands that do it as well.

A few of my favorite Emo bands are Snowing, The Promise Ring, Joyce Manor, The Brave Little Abacus, Brand New, Pedro the Lion, and American Football.
>>
>>55496111
Black Metal, for its eeriness and it's grandeur, because it is a great representation of alienation and misanthropy, but also introspection and triumph. Because mankind is arrogant and foolish in the face of raw nature and eternal truth. Because music is like magic to me, and I always wanted to be a Necromancer.

Also because I'm an INTJ.
>>
>>55498203
I forgot my age
>>
>>55498218
you forgot to mention your age. 16
>>
>>55498218
INFJ master race here. What bands would you recommend for getting into black metal? I like Deafheaven a lot but I know a lot of fans of the genre don't consider them TRVE or whatever.
>>
Hip-hop
It's the most flexible genre. As long as you rap over it, it's hip-hop so the beat can be AN-Y-THING. I've heard a guy rap over a mix of his various farts and it was good. Plus, it just seems really oringal from artist to artist. For me, I can only really recognize a band from vocals (unless I've heard them before) and although there's distinct voices and ways of delivering vocals, idk it just seems kind of eh. And yeah, a lot of rappers sound the same but most of them are written off as bad.
Favorite rappers are Jeremiah Jae, MF DOOM, Aesop Rock, Busdriver, Mick Jenkins, Flatbush Zombies (all about equally skilled), Open Mike Eagle, Daveed Diggs, Mos Def, Danny Brown, Del The Funky Homosapien, GZA, Killer Mike, Oddisee and YC the CYNIC (couldn't really narrow it so those are my recent favs)
Favorite producers are J Dilla, El-P, Marco Polo, MF DOOM, Madlib, DJ Premier, FlyLo, The Gaslamp Killer, Flatlander, The Alchemist and SpaceGhostPurrp
I got into it in early middle school because this new kid was really cool and similar to me and he showed me pleb tier rap that got me into hip-hop (I only listened to electronic and dadrock for awhile). Then the older kids made fun of me for liking shitty rappers so they sort of tweaked my tastes and guided me I guess. From then on I just searched around the Internet and found shit I really liked.
>>
Drill porque es aggressivo

>>
>>55496111
>the genre(s) you listen to the most
Post-punk/art pop
>why you like it
I like music that is really catchy, danceable and has a lot of energy while retaining a kind of experimental edge that keeps it interesting
>your favourite artists in it
Pere Ubu
David Bowie
Wire
Talking Heads
PiL
This Heat
Sonic Youth
>how did you get into it
It just kind of happened over the last year. Mainly I finally got into Pere Ubu and revisited Bowie's Berlin trilogy after hearing Sound and Vision on the radio. I used to listen mostly to progressive/psychedelic rock, post-rock and bleep bloops and only had a passing interest in post-punk (mainly This Heat and SY)
>Post your age too
>>
>>55498161
does he even play the guitar anymore ?
>>
>>55498403
Se me olvido los artistas. Me gusta Almighty Sosa, Lil Reese, Prince Dre, JB Bin Laden y Bosstop.
>>
File: 1408627463648.png (1 KB, 23x585) Image search: [Google]
1408627463648.png
1 KB, 23x585
>>55496111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNYO0Jc7uSk
>>
>>55498479
I watch his videos with my boyfriend sometimes cause he's into that shit and cause he makes me....and basically he plays the same chords over and over (badly) and it's supposed to be "ambient" and has the hugest ego. It's some cringey shit
>>
Meal. While certain scenes/subgenres can be insular and conservative, taken as a whole it's a genre that offers a great deal of versatility and intensity. Can be technical or primitive, vulgar or beautiful, introspective or obstinate, rapturous or melancholic, it fulfills a lot of needs and doesn't do things in half measures. Favourite artists include Ulver, Opeth, maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot, Darkthrone, Ihsahn/Emperor, Devin Townsend, Death, Black Sabbath, Cynic, Drudkh, Sigh, Iron Maiden, Isis, Akercocke etc. Started out listening to Nu-Metal shit, Classics and Grunge/heavy rock bands that played on Kerrang! Went through Metalcore phase in school and then built up most of my current taste via the internet in late teens. Now 23.
>>
>>55498631
L O N D O N
>>
>>55497950
He scorns Doritos and Mountain dew. Twix is his weapon of choice
>>
>>55498631
the first half of your post is unnecessary besides fishing for attention so fuck you
>>
>>55498683
he's probably a gay
>>
>>55496111
anyone else finds his videos relaxing?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.