[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where do you rank moby in your list of the best musicians of our time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: moby.jpg (252 KB, 683x984) Image search: [Google]
moby.jpg
252 KB, 683x984
where do you rank moby in your list of the best musicians of our time?
>>
>>55483536
>our time
we don't know how old you are
even without knowing, he doesn't crack my top 100
>>
>>55483536
>>
from the bottom? about 5th
>>
>>55483536
I'll be honest I haven't really gave much of his music a chance, but from what I've heard I really like it. I don't have a list of "best" because all my favourite artists have their own sound to them, so to rank them would be pointless.
>>
>>55483536
last
>>
was he ever really famous? like i feel at one point basically everyone knew who he was but his stuff never really charted? i think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J23DIIrcqY was his biggest hit
>>
>>55483536
GET SOME REST PAM!
>>
there are a many many great musicians, moby wouldn't even figure on such a list for me. he's not bad but nothing to write home about either
>>
>>55483681
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck i remember this track. holy fuck. i feel so old.
>>
>>55483536
Jesus fuck Play was in my top 3 favorite albums of all time before I started lurking, but now I listen to better music so it's all good.
>>
>>55483681
god damn i used to rock to this shit. But, without gwen stefani. I don't remember her in the original track.
>>
I think he had a song on the X-files. That show has a pretty nostalgia-inducing soundtrack.
>>55483681
I remember loving this song when I was a wee lad, but I never knew it was a Moby track, I only thought Gwen Stefan was hot
>>
>>55483681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW5dy5uqptI I used to see this video on TV all the time, don't know if it was actually "popular" or much music just had a hardon for it.

Also holy shit the last time I heard that Gwen Stefani song was probably 2001
>>
>>55483839
amazing.
>>
there are 2-3 tracks that, if taken out, would make Play a solid 8/10 (bodyrock and south side come to mind immediately)

refine the remaining tracklist and you have a 9/10
>>
He's a really fantastic DJ. I wish he'd make house music.
>>
>>55483595
pleb
>>
>listening to vegan rock
>>
>>55483536
Moby? He can get stomped by obbie.
>>
>>55483536
bottom 10,000
>>
>>55484003
That's totally true. Porcelain is such a gorgeous song.
>>
I want to hear him play on that new piano of his, looks like it would sound very nice
>>
>>55483681
On the album version, I can't hear her
>>
nobody listens to techno
>>
#33,517
>>
>>55483536
Play is like a perfect snapshot of, like, soft 90s electronica. Not the house or DnB that was playing, just alternative stuff with heavy electronic influence. All those breakbeats and blues samples
>>
HERE WE ARE NOW GOING TO THE EAST SIDE
>>
>>55483536
I wouldn't, his music feels stale. He's a fucking great DJ though, people forget that
>>
>>55483536
Great guy, meh musician.
>>
NOBODY LISTENS TO TECHNO
>>
>>55483796
>>55485195
The album was re-released a year after it came out with the Gwen vocals added.
>>
>>55483536
moby a shit
>>
CAN MY HONEY COME BACK
SOMETIMES
>>
>>55483681
You must be underage, Play was huge.
>>
Who?
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1500x1500
His newest album was really great
>>
Moby is one of those artists who got fucked up by success. He's got a solid back catalog up till Play (Animal Rights excepted) but he never knew how to follow it up.
>>
>>55486497
>dat Everything That Rises doe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJgCQ4pk1Y
>>
>>55486579
What a fucking opener
>>
>>55486581
Easily his best one since "we Are All Made of Stars" which was pretty epic back in the day.
>>
File: Ambient.png (964 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Ambient.png
964 KB, 700x700
>no one has mentioned Ambient yet

if not for J Breas, that album would be 10/10 (even just reworking it so the synth wouldn't sound so bad would make the song tolerable)
>>
>>55486411
It's funny because he's actually a total cunt, but his music is bretty gud.
>>
WHY DOES MY HEART
why does my heart
FEEL SO BAD
feel so bad
WHY DOES MY SOUL
why does my soul
FEEL SO BAD
feel so bad
>>
In between Michael Stipe and Billy Corgan.
>>
>>55486746
BALD
A
L
D
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.