[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drugs and music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1425723373550.jpg (756 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1425723373550.jpg
756 KB, 1600x1200
Many people say that you haven't really experienced music unless you've tried it with drugs.

What do you think /mu/?

Music on weed, especially a high dose edible is pretty mind blowing i think.

Music on LSD is a whole other experience. In my opinion, you have not fully experienced music without trying it on this substance.
Although this sounds like corny hippy shit, it's like you really do 'feel' the music, you hear every detail down to the smallest thing and it becomes part of you and you tend to mirror the songs emotion and it can be completely blissful. You enter a whole new world.
However, during a bad trip, it can have the opposite affect and become nauseating.

I feel bad some people wont get to experience this. Most of the stuff sold as lsd is actually not lsd but an RC or something else. lsd is actually pretty rare now.

I've heard people say that you do not need drugs at all to enjoy music. I agree completely, although i still believe you haven't fully experienced music without doing so.

I only use drugs occasionally now, maybe a few times a year.

Weed is done rarely and i enjoy music just fine without drugs.

Those experiences with music on LSD though, i think people are missing out if they haven't tried it.

Thanks for reading my blog /mu/

tl;dr
What are your experiences with drugs and how they enhance music?

Or if you disagree and think that it doesn't, explain why.
>>
>>55454410

There's not much to say, I tend to really get into the music I'm listening to while high, especially if it's actually good. It also makes me feel more creative when I'm messing around on guitar.
>>
Took lsd for the first time a few months back and i enjoyed the music alot for awhile, then my trip went completely downhill. I don't have a full recollection of what was happening but i remember having kid a stuck in my head all night. cant really listen to that song anymore without feeling kinda nervous. But I agree it does enhance it in some way but you don't need it.
>>
File: 1426641600915.jpg (298 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1426641600915.jpg
298 KB, 1366x768
>>55454410
i agree with you op

anyone who says U DUNT NEED DRUGS TO FEEL MUSIC HA HA STRAIGHT EDGE M80 is a fool.
what you said goes double for psychedelic music.
>>
>>55454552
This happened to me with Tago Mago, the first half was transcendental but the second half was terrifying. I had Aumgn stuck in my head for hours.
I also don't think I was fully prepared for how long an acid trip actually lasts.
>>
my favorite musical enhancer is dope. Giving the sounds your undivided attention+general euphoria is top class but I have to calm it down from time to time because I don't want to end up in a trash chute
>>
>>55454410
listening to music high made me appreciate psych music more, but listening to music on acid changed how I listen to music entirely
I'd have a different, if I'm being honest, less complete idea of music if I'd never listened to it on drugs. it's pretty much the only reason why I did them in the first place
>>
>weed: music sounds enhanced and details come out more (drawback is i turn into a total antisocial autist)
>alcohol: anything sounds good, but dance music especially
>salvia: i did this and started yelling and slurring "mac demarco!" at my stereo for 5 minutes
>coke: did at party, trap music, fucking incredible
>>
>>55454552
That happened to me the first time.

I took too much and ended up in these thought loops, and the carnival sounds from the Beatles sgt. pepper album got stuck in my head and started to scare the shit out of me.

The first half of the trip was amazing, second half was overwhelming and nauseating, and terrifying. I thought i was going to be stuck in that state forever and got really scared.

Overall after time has passed, i consider the experience to be a good one, even with the bad trip. It stripped the material look of the world and showed things in a different way, a different perspective. Even though i was scared shitless during the bad part of the trip, i learnt a lesson and a lot about myself too. Bad trips aren't always that bad depending on how you look at it.
>>
>>55454552
lol everything in its right place gave me such good vibes then kid A fucked it up immediately, i turned it off after like 15 seconds
>captcha
ffagg
>>
There is no scientific evidence that proves drugs 'enhance' music in any way. Therefore there is no reason to try listening to music on them.

What you're experiencing is probably placebo.
>>
my fave album is sung tongs because of acid. anything you listen to on acid sounds different and better and I'm glad I discovered this. however some music can be dangerous on acid like when my friend got scared and started crying at cpt beefheart
>>
>>55455104
hahahahahahahaahahaha
>>
>>55454967
>Bad trips aren't always that bad depending on how you look at it
if you think this, you'll never have a bad trip
>>55455104
we have a str8 edge among us
you're gonna look back at this time in your life in 1-2 years when you reach 11th grade and wish you hadn't been such a twat
>>
>>55455180
>if you think this, you'll never have a bad trip
elaborate?
>>
>>55455104
Sorry what ?

It's scientifically proved that drugs alter the chemistry of your brain I don't get where is the placebo here
>>
>>55455104
>First, sensory perceptions become especially brilliant and intense. Normally unnoticed aspects of the environment capture the attention; ordinary objects are seen as if for the first time and acquire new depths of significance. Esthetic responses are greatly heightened: colors seem more intense, textures richer, contours sharpened, music more emotionally profound, the spatial arrangements of objects more meaningful. People may feel keener awareness of their bodies or sense changes in the appearance and feeling of body parts. Depth perception is often heightened and perspective distorted; inanimate objects take on expressions, and synesthesia (hearing colors, seeing sounds, etc.) is common. Time may seem to slow down enormously as more and more passing events claim the attention, or it may stop entirely, giving place to an eternal present. When the eyes are closed, fantastically vivid images appear: first geometrical forms and then landscapes, buildings, animate beings, and symbolic objects.
Grinspoon, Lester, & Bakalar, James. B. (Eds.).Psychedelic Reflections. (1983). New York: Human Sciences Press. p. 13-14 ISBN 0-89885-129-7
>>
I don't think it's anything specific with drugs and music. Drugs make *everything* more intense/interesting/mind-blowing/whatever, music included.

You should try listening to music on acid, sure, but you should also go for a hike, exercise, have sex, literally everything (except eating, eating can sometimes be weird...)

I think anyone who hasn't tried acid is missing out on a profound life experience in general, but I wouldn't say you *have to* listen to music or you're missing out. Just do what you like to do sober, and it will be amazing regardless. Except eat food.
>>
I really enjoy music on shrooms. It's like, I really get music under shrooms.
>>
>>55455243
well, it's obvious that you've gotta have good thoughts going into a trip, but we all wander into bad thoughts on occasion and get scared
if you either 1) face your fears or
2) tell yourself there's no such thing as a bad trip, because you'll a) learn something from it or b) appreciate the good trips more.
it's a win-win-win
>>
>>55455104
You have never tried drugs.
>>
>>55455301
>learn something from it
yeah i get this but i still feel like it was fuckin spooky, and kinda ruined weed for me idk why
>>
>>55455342
but do you regret it entirely?
>>
I don't think LSD is needed to enjoy music

But I do think it's a very intense and interesting experience, especially with very intimate and personal albums you already know by heart, I remember experiences with Music for the Blind and Coil's albums which where wonderful and deeply unsettling at the same time
>>
in my experience, i think drugs give you a new way to appreciate music you already love, but i don't think listening to something high will make you "get" something if you don't already. i used to be a straight edge faggot for many years but i don't think i was robbed of enjoying music during that time, but i do think drugs have given me knew ways to appreciate the same music that i liked back then.
>>
>>55455289
eating is weird but taking a shower is really a next-level of strangeness
It's a total sensory overload and the feeling of water is just so rich on acid
>>
>>55455424
nah i didn't "get" Loveless until I smoked to it
there's definitely doors that drugs open that couldn't be opened otherwise
>>
why do you need drugs when you have an onahole111!
>>
>>55455437
eating is amazing but you just have 0 appetite on acid
I made myself this huge meal on acid once and it was the best thing I ever ate but I couldn't eat more than 2 bites
I rec fruit while on acid, it's like a juicy, nutritious gift from the gods
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.