[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this guy even know anything about music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: 000001.png (176 KB, 375x493) Image search: [Google]
000001.png
176 KB, 375x493
Does this guy even know anything about music?
>>
he knows a thing or two.
>>
it is his opinion.
>>
>>55451710
you know it's just his opinion, right?
>>
about as much as the average /mu/ poster
>>
>>55451828
I think you're overestimating the average /mu/ poster.
>>
>>55451710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY
>>
>>55451710
I'd say he has an impressive knowledge of music
>>
>>55451848
I think you're overestimating how much he knows
>>
>>55451848
I think you're overestimating anthony
>>
>>55451849
Wow, he really likes drum and bass.
>>
>>55451849
is fandingo buff or fat?
>>
how to truly filter all these threads? Maybe adblocking images?
>>
>>55451849
>FEEL MY FISTING WHORE
wow lewd
>>
I'm so glad you asked. Again.
>>
Yes he does. He knows quite a lot.

The average /mu/ hip-hop crazed teenager might think otherwise, it's only because they lack self-esteem and a leading figure in their lives so they take Anthony's opinion personally.
>>
>>55452729
this guy knows
>>
>>55451950
fat
>>
at least he has a good voice
>>
>>55452729
>>55452821
go to bed tony the tiger
>>
>>55452984
>that extremely monotone and boring voice
>good
>>
Anthony has the knowledge of a dedicated enthusiast and amateur participant in his chosen field of commentary.

This is more than Pitchfork (which to a fault are journalists) and also more than Scaruffi (whose primary asset is simply a large catalog of music reviews and his dedication in analysis rather than any actual background in the field).

/mu/ gives him attention primarily because he is quite literally one of their own; he reflects them because, just like them, he listens to a lot of music, has opinions on them, wants to articulate his opinions, and ultimately wants to be a part of it.

Any other /mu/tant could do what he's doing to varying degrees of quality. That is not necessarily a bad thing, but it is something to bear in mind.

Anthony is as right in his opinions as you are.
>>
Does he need to know anything about music to have an opinion?

No? Oh, ok.
>>
yes he knows quite a bit actually
>>
>>55453146

Everything that ever needs to be said about Fantano.
>>
>>55453146
Straight up. I feel like it's common sense, yet people tend to flip shit when their opinion differs from his. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>55452729
>>55453146
bang on the money
>>
>>55451867
>>55451875
assblasted plebs detected
>>
I depends on how you look at it.
He listenes to shit-loads of music, gotta give him that. I find comments of his on some very obscure youtube clips, and even just reviewing the amount of albums he does is alot.
He listenes to many types of music, knows alot of bands, interesting industry facts, and more. Some of this knowledge does make you able to form a good taste - and to some extent, tell good music from bullshit.

Having said all that, I don't think he ever studied music in a serious institute, or had any impressive results playing his guitar or whatever. Fantano does not have the ability to judge music in any objective manner - composing/playing achievments are over him, and so is telling innovative from bullshit, and such.
>>
>>55451710

no

listen to his own "music".......it's complete fucking garbage
>>
he knows that white people are intrinsically evil and rotten so he'll be ok for now :^)
>>
>>55451710
Depends what you mean by knowing about music. He’s good at explaining why he likes something, and has clearly listened to a lot of music. But he uses stock phrases to describe what the instruments are doing (le pounding drums and bass) and he rarely goes in depth about composition.
>>
>>55455954
>>55456006
yeah this guy explained it better than me
>>
>>55451710
as much as your average "informed" music listener. i know more then him and im only 21 and have no musical education so he has no right to be entitled to money for his opinion
>>
>>55451710
better than you faggot
>>
>>55456052
>I can do somthing
>I don't
>Someone else does it
>He has no right to get paid for it since I don't do it
>>
he knows more about memes
>>
>>55453798
>Does he need to know anything about music to have an opinion?

No but an influential music critic SHOULD know at least a little about music, that's pretty fucking obvious
>>
>>55456052
You're 21 and still struggling with "life isn't fair"? Should probably get off 4chan and seek help.
>>
>>55456111
your trips are magnificent sir i tip my hat to you
>>
>>55456116
Since he listens to a lot of music as well as makes his own, is this criteria for knowing at least a little about music?
>>
>>55456052
>le epic b8
>>
>>55456199
I'm not intending to argue about fantano or how much he knows/doesn't know, just addressing that statement.
>>
>>55456199
>makes his own music
>plays bass in a drone metal duo

kek
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.