[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK /mu/, if you can provide me a group that makes music anyw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: government-plates-cover.jpg (60 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
government-plates-cover.jpg
60 KB, 1200x1200
OK /mu/, if you can provide me a group that makes music anywhere close to this, I'll believe you that Death Grips is overrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eltn_nyOPh8
>>
Hmmm.../mu/'s certainly quiet.
>>
>>55428950
I'm a death grips fan, but here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQJMy8jcIQM
>>
>>55429051
Nah, Dalek really doesn't come close.
>>
>>55429051
fucking seconded
>>
>>55429071
Listen to it dumbass. It's at the very least on par with the song you posted, but many would put it above.
>>
>>55429051
Yeah, not even close

>b-but muh industrial influenced noisy hip hop

Next
>>
>>55429116
I did listen to it. It lacks the futuristic and off-putting dissonances and sublimation in FWW. It still sounds chained to Earth and to analog. Death Grips sound resoundingly digital.
>>
Death Grips are heavily influenced by a lot of Alec Empire stuff, specifically his solo albums (Intelligence and Sacrifice) and more specifically, Curse of the Golden Vampire. At least, on Gov't Plates you can really hear the influence
>>
>>55429071
sorry but you're the shitty part of the death grips fanbase if you honestly believe dälek doesn't come close
>>
>>55429174
see >>55429169
>>
>>55429168
>>55429169
>completely disregarding lyrical content, songwriting skills, and atmospheric detail

FWW is literally a desperate attempt to sound as sophisticated as 90% of dalek's work
>>
>>55429174
Well I mean, they're two completely separate entities that sound nothing alike, share different ideals/visions etc so no, I don't think Death Grips and Dälek are all that similar.
>>
I'm not trying t prove that DG are overrated or anything but if you're looking for similar stuff there's Nah

http://nahstuff.bandcamp.com/album/nobody-cares-what-happens-no-ones-interested
>>
>>55429247
or maybe they're just making music they like, like they've stated in numerous interviews... I highly, highly doubt they sat in a room together and said "hey let's try and make a song like Dälek!".
>>
>>55429247
>lyrical content
>>>/lit/
>songwriting
>>>/lit/
>atmospheric detail
Again, Dalek sounds analog and Death Grips sound digital.
Fucking hell. see >>55429248
>>
>>55429305
well you're definitely a fucking idiot if you completely disregard lyrical content when it's one of the most impressive elements of death grips.

songwriting involves the entire structure and progression of the song you imbecile

you asked for music that's "anywhere close," not music that sounds the exact fucking same. Go listen to fucking Food For Animals if you want some noise hop even more digital death grips
>>
>>55429381
>you asked for music that's "anywhere close,"
And the Dalek isn't anywhere close.
It's like saying Brahms is like Mozart.
>>
there is nothing like the mc ride
>>
>>55429403
Or perhaps Bartok is like Bach.
>>
I never understood the comparisons to Dalek. I like Dalek they just don't really sound like Death Grips. It's like the second you're even remotely experimental or abrasive with hip hop everyone just lumps it all together.
>>
>>55429486
That's all it is. People hear a bit of noise and think "WOW DEATH GRIPS ARE RIPOFFs." It's fucking nonsensical.
>>
>>55429403
that's not a reason as to why death grips is supposedly far superior to dalek. I actually prefer death grips to dalek, but to not recognize dalek as one of the most influential and forward thinking artists on par with death grips is simply ignorant. You're just arguing your personal taste, which is childish.
>>
>>55429556
I'm not talking about superiority you fucking IDIOT
>>
>>55429486
Fucking this
>>
>>55429486
Listen to dälek's entire discog and you'll hear the similarities. They definitely molded a lot of the sound death grips were going for. Nobody here is arguing the death grips ripped them off, they obviously have their own very unique sonic preferences, but dalek is absolutely on par with them when it comes to songwriting, sonic diversity, lyrical content, and experimentation-with-a-purpose.
>>
>>55429673
>on par with them
This thread is not talking about quality.
Quality is fucking stupid to discuss.
Dalek SOUNDS almost nothing like DG except for noise.
Again, it's comparing Bartok and Bach.
>>
>>55429513
what pisses me off even more is death grips are hardly even noise, up my sleeves is probably the noisiest thing theyve done
>>
>>55429578
You didn't fucking say that. You just said anything that comes close which very clearly implies superiority you fucking IDIOT. If you wanted something that sounds sonically similar, say that. So just go listen food for animals. Fucking child.
>>
>>55429713
>You just said anything that comes close which very clearly implies superiority you fucking IDIOT.
I guess I forgot that I'm dealing with /mu/, who thinks that you can determine quality differences.
>>
>>55429694
THISSSSSSSSS

It genuinely frustrates me when people draw the noise-hop comparison because they have like 4 songs that could possibly maybe just barely pass as noise-hop
>>
>>55429725
>implying you can't determine quality differences
go listen to the blues clues theme song until you like it and argue its case here, fucking pleb.
>>
>>55429769
Please tell me the objective standard of music.
>>
OP was talking about Dalek not even coming close to their sound when he clearly does. Anons thought he meant quality. Everybody's a faggot
>>
>>55429835
>Dalek not even coming close to their sound when he clearly does.
>Bartok is just like Bach
>>
>>55428950
sounds just like shitty video game music. no wonder white nerds like them so much
>>
Idk, there will always be idiots who say death grips are a meme.
>>
>>55429051
thats my favorite dalek track, and one of my favorite hip hop tracks of all time but that sounds absolutely nothing like WIW. you seem like the kind of person who just sees "DG" and immediately associates bands like BLACKIE and Dalek with them despite them not at all sounding anything alike
>>
>>55428950
that music video

>fedora,
>tipping fedora
>thnk mr skeltal
>creepy

death grips IS 4chan seriously, i'm going to do research and explain how everything in their music is inspired by memes/4chan
>>
>>55430627
well they held their ARG on /mu/ so you really dont have to bother
>>
>>55428950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7drBeuxX814

>tfw Nine Inch Nails/Death Grips tour canceled
>>
>>55431369
:,(
>>
>>55430568
Hey faggot, read the thread. OP asked for something that comes close, then he'll say DG are overrated. He didn't ask for something that sounds similar, he just changed his question to that later. That's why I initially posted a dalek track that was obviously superior.
>>
>>55429051
Oh, the "Dälek sounds like Death Grips" meme.

It's like comparing a This Heat to The Fall.
>>
>>55431938
I never said they sound like death grips, genius.
>>
>>55428950
ambient
>>
>>55432002
Are you really caught up on that one word, Anon?

>>55429051

Oh, the "Dälek is comparable to Death Grips" meme.

It's like comparing a This Heat to The Fall.

Better? Do you understand my point now?
>>
>>55429292
typical /mu/

someone posts something interesting and relevant

everyone else circlejerks and argues
>>
>>55432080
Yeah, Nah's really the closest to DG that I've heard.
>>
>>55428950
k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbU9UUwxBxA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeA5bUx98J4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEF4WiQRmdk
great pick though op
>>
>>55429051
Nice Meme!
>>
this song coupled with Anne Bonny immediately makes GP one of their better releases. don't forget to fuck off
>>
>>55428950
Can someone explain me the appeal of Death Grips?

Honestly I've listened to a couple albums all the way through and it's just an angry homeless man yelling with some noise in the background. Also that music video is fucking retarded; drunk high school kids could make better. Seriously, what's so great about this garbage?
>>
>>55432266
>angry homeless man yelling with some noise in the background
great meme friend
>>
>>55432540
Not a meme, that's genuinely what I think. If anything is a meme it's this band and their popularity
>>
There was an intstrumental music vid on youtube of a bearded black man who looked like a poor man's mc ride.

there were bandages, blood, smiling(?), nails came out early last year. I think fantano commented '0_o'

anyone know that video? had a long name.
>>
>>55429292
good shit
>>
spanish death grips :

https://churros.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>55429513
yet DG fans still spout the Yeezus copied DG meme.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.