[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: I hate everything2.jpg (59 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
I hate everything2.jpg
59 KB, 800x800
>TFW your gear keeps fucking you up

pic related
>>
what gear yer got
>>
>2015
>gear
ahaahaha
>>
>tfw shitty gear
inb4 "lol just do lo-fi brah"
>>
>>55406011
this image is hilarious, did you make it? mind if i save it?
>>
>>55406156
go for it mang
>>
so you guys like buy gear and just talk about it? What's the appeal of this hobby?
>>
>all decent gear
>makes drone 'music'

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>55406173
buying the gear and talking about it
>>
>tfw even with all the best gear in the world you will never have talent
>>
>>55406185
drone is garbage
>>
>>55406107
get a job or sell said shitty gear

what is it if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>55406241
My microkorg's clock seems to be slightly faster then everything else I have. If I set it to 130 bpm it will go out of time with other gear going 130
>>
>>55406224

exactly, it is objectively the worst 'genre'

I had to put genre in inverted commas because by calling it a genre it almost gives it some degree of legitimacy
>>
>>55406220
>you're face when talent doesn't exist in the way most people think it does and hard work and persistence is what determines skill
>>
>>55406277
I'd like to see anyone who shits on drone make a better album than this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXbnydhNjU
>>
>>55406336
How to make a better album than this : write music
>>
>>55406336
im sure its very intricate and whatever but i dont think i will ever have much interest or patience to listen to music like this
>>
>>55406366
epic meme frendo
>>
>>55406336

easy

>write and record a normal song
>slow it down x10
>I MADE A GOOD DRONE SONG LOOK MUM IT'S GOOD ISN'T IT YEAH?
>"you've worked very hard on it son"
>post it online and say that me and me mum are my own biggest critics

ENGLAND
ALGERIA
SLOVENIA
YANKS
>>
>>55406336
plebs who shit on drone or ambient just say "waaah theyre not playing actual instruments" or "it's so booooooooring." they cant comprehend texture and atmosphere over melody and technical skill; they need the music to be in their face in served on a platter or they instantly disregard it
>>
>>55406431 how is 1 intricate sound better than 5 intricate sounds playing different notes.
>>
>>55406220

heavy this, i had a bunch of talent, was in a band that got signed to a medium to large UK label, and they paid for us to record an album

recorded it and it sounded great, get played on radio 1, but being young (aged 19-20) we were all stupid and didn't take it seriously

we'd turn up to photoshoots hungover and wearing crap (not even crap cool) clothes, play gigs incredibly drunk, when the label would pay for us to do gigs in london we'd be smashed and rubbish - even though, generally we were incredibly tight, but we'd treat a freebie to london as a holiday

get dropped

made a few quid from it, but what have been eh? if only we'd have drank less and thought more
>>
>>55406431
I'm not one to knock drone, but what anon said at the very beginning of this reply chain I think still holds true. Tim Hecker and other legitimate drone/ambient artists of his time actually had something unique to say. Most of the amateur drone I've seen is very clearly an excuse for laziness rather than a creative restraint.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.