[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most famous/favorite artist that you've met
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1429902090536.jpg (31 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1429902090536.jpg
31 KB, 320x320
Who have you met and what was the context?
I met Andre at Gov Ball '14,
>he was walking through the crowd during Jack White's set
>I called out his name, he turned around and I shook his hand.
>Commended his set the day before and told him to have a good day
>>
>>55377192
I met CT from vampire weekend in central park once
>captcha
fader
>>
Kimye Dawson
Wynton Marsalis
Richard Hell
Monte Cazazza
>>
>>55377262
love all that context
>>
Tyga punched me in the face
>>
>>55377302
I met Dawson backstage at an event my dad helped set up, which she performed at.
She seemed very nice, but I don't know much about her music so I didn't have much to say.

Marsalis seemed disinterested, but it was probably because I also didn't know much about him and I was interviewing him for a project.

Hell is extremely nice, a really warm guy. I'm a big fan, so I had a lot to ask about. I interviewed him for the same project I interviewed Marsalis for.

I house sat for a guy I was interning for, and Cazazza was there with me. He's a really nice, sweet guy, and ridiculously intelligent. I'm interested in foreign affairs, and he could tell me a ton about any subject I brought up. He gave me a really good explanation of the Iran-Iraq war. Talking about his art makes him a little uncomfortable, but he's a really welcoming guy. He's also stayed current with music.
>>
>>55377415
wow, that's really cool
thanks for sharing
>>
>>55377192
I met Julian Casablancas in nyc once
basically babbled about how much the strokes meant to me for a few minutes then we parted ways
>>
>>55377192
I killed john lennon
>>
Talked to Neige about depression and Magma last year.
>>
>>55377192
i met merrill from tune yards, she was really nice and kinda funny
>>
>>55378080
I would not doubt that Mark Chapman would be a /mu/tant
>>
I met Michael Gira at the Rhode Island show a few months ago.

He was cool, very easy to talk to. He appreciates anybody who enjoys his music.
>>
I met Devin Townsend after a show in Seattle. He was pretty cool

Met Lemmy Kilmister while I was working a Foo Fighters/Motorhead show. Couldn't talk to him beyond answering his question though because I would have lost my job.

That's about it.
>>
>>55378196
Oh wait. Also met Paul Masvidal from Cynic, but he was just really awkward and didn't want to talk.
>>
>>55377192
Jason Pierce smiled at me once. D-does that count? Also, that's awesome, OP.

>>55378130
That's really cool too.
>>
Shook Jeff Mangum's hand at a solo show with The Music Tapes and chilled with Julian Barnes by the stage while he autographed stuff. Met Mike Kinsella. Met Michael Gira after a show and told him that hearing his music live was great and made my stomach shift around and he said "ugh I wish my stomach still shifted" and I lol'd hard
>>
>>55377192
I met earl sweatshirt in Ann Arbor. Hes just a nice person, and doesnt care about fans interracting nearly as much as tyler
>>
File: DSC_0003.jpg (130 KB, 616x408) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0003.jpg
130 KB, 616x408
does influential count?
>>
>>55378360
What were jeff and mike kinsella like?
>>
>>55378403
You smoked with miles davis? Wow
>>
>>55378371
i met tyler a couple years ago and it was like he was making it awkward on purpose
>>
>>55378403
>black guy who likes shoegaze

the times are a changin
>>
>>55378360
That's so fucking awesome.
>>
>>55378468
black guys have always loved shoes dude, wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>55378453
Earl was the opposite, it was as if wed chilled before. Just a real sweet person to be around
>>
I met Michael Gira, he was really racist. I didn't like it back then, but I got redpilled 3 years ago.
>>
>met Jamie xx skateboarding before his show
>met James Blake with Theresa from Warpaint standing next to a tree after Death Grips at FYF 2013
Weird right? But he said he was a fan.
>took a piss next to Flylo at Low End Theory when he played on Christmas back in 2013
>drank a bit with Nigel Godrich after UltraĆ­sta's first US show in LA

Those are a few. Other meetings have been just hey and goodbyes. Apparently a friend of mine got Kevin Parker a burrito and got him into the show for it.
>>
>>55378403
Id count you meeting jordaan mason and phil thru the radio show no?
>>
>>55378403
Don't you also have one with Bilinda who looks drunk out of her mind?
>>
>>55377192
I got to perform at Lollapalooza last year and I met Chance the Rapper briefly, and actually had lunch with Matt Schultz of Cage the Elephant and he is a GREAT guy. Really was fun to talk to, probably my favorite encounter from the day because I am a big fan of his.

I also said hello in passing to Killer Mike and El-P but they were in a hurry so all they did was shake my hand and greet me. That was still cool.

I also took a dump in the same bathroom trailer as Nathan Followill, the drummer from Kings of Leon which was kind of funny in retrospect.

Also, saw Childish Gambino at catering and he was kind of reclusive. Didn't look like he wanted to be bothered, so I said nothing.

Also, accidentally stepped on R. Kelly's foot backstage at Chance the Rapper's set and didn't realize it was R Kelly until he had walked away.

It was a good day.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.