[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he so hated when he is one the most genuine musicians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 20
File: kanye-west_U3vUa.jpg (2 MB, 2148x3000) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west_U3vUa.jpg
2 MB, 2148x3000
Why is he so hated when he is one the most genuine musicians?
>>
>meme
>media
>overall douchebag
>>
no one actually likes him, even the people who pretend to like him are just being contrarians
"i like how he pisses people off xDD"
>>
people are jealous
>>
>>55323480
Jealous of him being black?
>>
>I keep it 300, like the Romans
>>
because muh tay-tay
>>
>>55323479
His existence pisses people off for some reason but I don't know why. He is always nice and polite in interviews.
>>
Because being an egocentric asshole that everyone hates is part of his shtick.

The man knows his production but he can't write for shit.
>>
>genuine
LMAO
>>
>musician
>>
File: 1427421780792.png (421 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
1427421780792.png
421 KB, 500x489
>>55323634
>
>>
>>55325051
its the apex twins symbol
>>
File: be-sharps-bigger-than-jesus.jpg (40 KB, 450x314) Image search: [Google]
be-sharps-bigger-than-jesus.jpg
40 KB, 450x314
>>
>>55323536
>He is always nice and polite in interviews

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=pXMfKJcAkPk
>>
because he is a genuine asshole
>>
do people unironically like kanye
>>
File: Kanye-on-Sway-In-The-Morning.png (935 KB, 1274x703) Image search: [Google]
Kanye-on-Sway-In-The-Morning.png
935 KB, 1274x703
HOW SWAY HOW
>>
do people unironically like sway.

i remember when he showed up on mtv. he just seemed so fake
>>
>>55325506
Nobody likes Sway, just the artists he somehow pulls into his show.
>>
>>55325530
that makes sense
>>
Someone needs to stop Pitchfork. It's getting pathetic.
>http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/747-kanye-west-the-antihero/
And I even enjoy Kanye. But it needs to stop.
>>
>releases an album where his voice is auto-tuned on every track because thats whats popular
>less than 1 year later featured in jay-z's "D.O.A."
death of autotune
Kanye, from what i can tell, seems like the person in school who tried to be cool on their own but every time someone they thought was cool did something they immediately copied it regardless of the repercussions. He about as fake as they come for celebrities and his music roots are planted firmly 6 feet in the air. He doesnt give a fuck if his music is actually good he only cares that he's popular and relevant. But above all else he has one golden creed he lives by W.W.J.Z.D.
>>
>>55325315
he is so pseudo intellectual it hurts to watch him speak. Kanye is irrelevant.
>>
File: IN GOLD.png (71 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
IN GOLD.png
71 KB, 200x194
>>55325315
damn sway
>that lack of eye contact
>>
>>55323470
>genuine musician

Uh, what about this chucklefuck is genuine?

Do you mean the time he said he was done with Nike™ because they were enslaving America or some nonsense and immediately inked a deal with Adidas™ (love those $500 sneakers made in Indonesia, by the way)

Or the time he said fuck MTV because he's so fucking anti establishment and then performed at the VMAs just months later. And stormed out the building when he wasn't awarded AOTY.

Or maybe it's the time he married TMZ's favourite vapid tabloid bitch Kim Kardashian and publicized his wedding photos for a nice bit of money.

Or maybe it's the $130,000,000 he makes selling $150 "hip hop" shirts to his moronic fanbase.

Yep, genuine as fuck. Give him a fucking medal.
>>
>>55323470

He's pretty well respected in the hip hop community. Everyone who's collaborated with him has praised his work ethic.
But unlike most white celebrities, he doesn't publicize all the nice shit he does like giving his fans free shit or shaking hands with paparazzi who are respectful towards him.

The only other people who hate him are confederate fedora tipping hicks
>>
>>55325975
none of those things have anything to do with his often painfully sincere music, though.
>>
>>55325315
This should be posted every time someone asks why Kanye is hated. It sums it up so well.
>>
File: ye meta.jpg (154 KB, 870x562) Image search: [Google]
ye meta.jpg
154 KB, 870x562
>>55325975
Stay salty
>>
>>55326000
Yeah, you mean like New Slaves... which he revealed is a track about his relationship with Nike?

What's "painfully" sincere about his music? He admits he sends "bitches" pictures of his "dick?" He admits that he's a douche bag and then continues to be the biggest douche bag he can possibly be? I'm fucking tired of all you Kanyedrones that suck his dick because he's occasionally self aware of how much of a vapid asshole he is (but refuses to change) and think this makes him some sort of fucking genius. Do you know how many fucking artists have been self aware? Doesn't mean they're all good.

But really, what can you expect from a tripfag with based in his name.
>>
File: 1427636735543.jpg (86 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
1427636735543.jpg
86 KB, 640x634
>>55323470
for any kanye song that made me feel a certain emotion there is a song that made made me feel me the same emotion but much stronger

there is literally a shit ton of artist that are superior than kanye in every single way
>>
>>55326047
more like the bit on "I'm In It" where Kanye interrupts the past 3 minutes of gross sex punchlines to start screaming about his night terrors.

i think every Kanye record is ambitious-but flawed rather than a work of genius, but i'm not getting stuff like that from most pop artists, and there's a lot to be said for it.
>>
i don't hate him i think he's funny, he's just not that good and the most overrated rap artist of all time.
>>
File: ebin.png (16 KB, 371x279) Image search: [Google]
ebin.png
16 KB, 371x279
>>55326012
Epic bro! Here's /mu/'s favourite band with a much better meta score than Kanye. :^)
>>
>>55326012
lmao you children are embarrassing
>>
>>55323470
He just seems retarded
>>
>>55326091
>more like the bit on "I'm In It" where Kanye interrupts the past 3 minutes of gross sex punchlines to start screaming about his night terrors.
>Uh, I be speakin' Swaghili
>>
>>55323470
Kanye is bae. He's real as fuck and talks about a lot of issues that aren't discussed by the media and should be. I'm actually listening to him right now. He's a genius and idgaf about what other people think because those are usually the people who haven't heard any of the songs that aren't on the radio.
>>
>>55326047
This is a troll right?

When he says "I sent this bitch a picture of my dick. I dunno what it is with females, but I'm not too good at that shit", he's painting a picture of an egotistical brute who longs who be more "couth" and "sophisticated" but is too
insecure to ask for help, so he has to suffer the consequences of being the type of person he is. He's reflecting on how his personality could be driving people away, but it's too late for him to change. Hence "run away as fast as you can".
>>
File: 1425332185793.jpg (69 KB, 427x452) Image search: [Google]
1425332185793.jpg
69 KB, 427x452
>>55325315

man if i had even half this ego i would have been way more successful in life.

kanye actually made me like sway.

wow i talk shit about sway but here he is really good. talking about his clothing line , losing money, trying to keep kanye on earth
>>
>>55326200
He literally sent some bitch a picture of his dick though. The pic was all over the internet some weeks/months before the album.
>>
He's a giant meme (in the first definition of meme) set forth unto ye unsuspecting by the Ashkenazi Jews hahahja top kek goyem ;)
>>
File: 1415289647308.jpg (12 KB, 240x238) Image search: [Google]
1415289647308.jpg
12 KB, 240x238
>>55323470
>genuine musician
>>
File: defener's wet dream.jpg (89 KB, 586x444) Image search: [Google]
defener's wet dream.jpg
89 KB, 586x444
>>55326294
>>55323618
>>55323634
>>55326294
>>
>>55326200
where is that line does it imply that he is trying to be sophisticated
>>
>>55325975
He didn't set the price for the t-shirts, he partnered with a luxury brand who sells high priced clothing.
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (11 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
11 KB, 238x212
>>55323470
>genuine
>musician
>>
>>55326012
>Graduation lower score than Yeezus.
I'm mad
This shit is why I try to stay away from album reviews.
>>
>>55326233
it is nowhere to be found

liar
>>
>>55326104
>Implying Led Zepplin are bad

Plus, they're one of the few /mu/ approved dadrock bands.
>>
>>55326294
is this Brian Eno from Pawn Stars xDDDD
>>
>>55323593
what has he produced that's so good?

I've listened to all his albums and they are pretty bland and mediocre. But then again, so is all hip hop.
>>
>>55326397
Good for him. He partnered with a luxury brand knowing that they'd overcharge for shitty plain white t-shirts and he could add to his massive wealth from delusional drones like you.
>>
>>55326442
but LZ are bad, just as bad as kanye

almost
>>
File: just nah man.gif (987 KB, 271x226) Image search: [Google]
just nah man.gif
987 KB, 271x226
>>55326477
>I've listened to all his albums and they are pretty bland and mediocre. But then again, so is all hip hop.
>>
>>55323470
I sincerely wonder for how long you fucktards are going to keep this meme alive.
It's been years already.
>>
>>55326442
not only are they thieves, their music is mostly shit
>>
>>55326560
even memewave had more talent than hip hop at this point

Please show me a track that will change my mind, I beg you. I just think you don't have music as an interest, you haven't listened to enough music yet, I also liked hiphop years ago until I really started listening and discovering music.
>>
>>55326200
>he's painting a picture of an egotistical brute
You mean he's talking about himself since that lyric is about him sending pictures of his dick to girls? :^)

>is too insecure to ask for help, so he has to suffer the consequences of being the type of person he is
So, he's too insecure to ask for help but he's more than fine with admitting it in a song on an album listened to by millions? When will this super introspective and intelligent artist finally change his ways?

>He's reflecting on how his personality could be driving people away, but it's too late for him to change. Hence "run away as fast as you can".
Oh my god, he's admitting he's a douchebag and telling people to run away from him. That's so introspective. That alone makes him the greatest writer of all time. Fuck the craft or skill of writing. No artist has ever admitted they can be an asshole while being as much of an illiterate asshole as possible.
>>
>>55326442
I didn't imply that they were bad. LZ is not /mu/ approved and any attempt discussion is instantly met with tips fedora/le wrong generation/dadrock insults. My point is that most Kanye fans hate LZ and that anon was using a metacritic screencap as if it meant something. Well, then LZ must be better than Kanye West if that's true.
>>
File: Sigourney Weaver.jpg (38 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Sigourney Weaver.jpg
38 KB, 550x550
>>55326614
Not only does half of their discog consist of instrumentals, but boring ones at that. They might possibly be one of the most overrated bands in history, like the stones. Listening to both discographies was the biggest time waste of my life.
>>
>>55326615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78fvy5_N0P4

also what is the music i will discover and love when i listen to "enough music"
>>
>>55326615
>Please show me a track that will change my mind
theres no changing a mind that has agenda written all over it. you came in the thread to say "all hip-hop is bland and mediocre" when your opinions was not asked for or even warranted to the guy you replied too.
>>
>>55326663
I... I just... I...

>>
...damn
>>
>>55326681
glad you liked it.
>>
>>55326681
I know you're probably a troll but that tripfag is the worst person to take recommendations from. Never trust anyone with based in their name.
>>
File: B_9psV7UYAAHZ0l.png (339 KB, 599x332) Image search: [Google]
B_9psV7UYAAHZ0l.png
339 KB, 599x332
>>55326719
that's not very based of you.
>>
I unironically enjoy Kanye as a musician and a person.

It really comes down to his confidence. Both artistically and as a person. His writing is light and fun and production is top notch. I don't know why he is so unearthly popular and talked about. He stands out from the current garbage in pop music and knows how, why, when and where to do so.

Legitimate social genius.
>>
>>55325051
top croc, m8
>>
File: 1383930215000.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
1383930215000.png
444 KB, 465x455
>>55326770
>He stands out from the current garbage in pop music
>>
>>55326625
Oh goody. We're gonna have some fun.

">he's painting a picture of an egotistical brute
You mean he's talking about himself since that lyric is about him sending pictures of his dick to girls? :^)"

First-person portrayal of caricatures based on different aspects of Kanye's actual personality.

">is too insecure to ask for help, so he has to suffer the consequences of being the type of person he is
So, he's too insecure to ask for help but he's more than fine with admitting it in a song on an album listened to by millions? When will this super introspective and intelligent artist finally change his ways?"

It's generally a lot "safer" for a man to admit his shortcomings within the artistic medium where he's most comfortable and has a greater control of his/her "domain". Art itself is a method of expression.

">He's reflecting on how his personality could be driving people away, but it's too late for him to change. Hence "run away as fast as you can".
Oh my god, he's admitting he's a douchebag and telling people to run away from him. That's so introspective. That alone makes him the greatest writer of all time. Fuck the craft or skill of writing. No artist has ever admitted they can be an asshole while being as much of an illiterate asshole as possible."

I'm gonna ignore the obvious strawmen here. The theme of an "undesirable" character coming to terms with who they are has been covered in literature thousands of times. The character in the track appears to be dealing with a similar struggle, but instead of writing a novel about it, Kanye discusses said struggle in a song with an overarching apologetic theme.
>>
>>55326883
>can't even greentext
>>
>>55326770

he's probably been getting shit on by people his whole life, i'm all for him flaunting for the faggots in his past, probably even family who told him shit like "heh don't quitcha day jaaab"
>>
>>55326770
so you're a cuck basically....
>>
>>55326876
Yes

>>55326918
exactly, He is the example of making it. I don't mind his confidence in fact its a good example of how to go about things. Perhaps not so ego driven but hey it comes with it.

>>55326921
if my post makes classifies me as a cuck in your eyes then I suppose so.
>>
>>55326770
>He stands out from the current garbage in pop music and knows how, why, when and where to do so.
oh shit niggre wat r u doin
>>
File: kanye-quotes-books.jpg (24 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
kanye-quotes-books.jpg
24 KB, 500x333
>>55326883
>First-person portrayal of caricatures based on different aspects of Kanye's actual personality.
So one aspect of Kanye's personality (which you seem to know quite intimately) is that he's an unsophisticated sexist brute, good to know!

>It's generally a lot "safer" for a man to admit his shortcomings within the artistic medium where he's most comfortable and has a greater control of his/her "domain". Art itself is a method of expression.

Good for him, and yet it's been 5 years since that song was released and he's the same two dimensional "I'm an asshole but occasionally I admit I'm an asshole" character. And are you seriously defending his artistry with "it's difficult for a man!" nonsense? I thought a genius would be able to overcome douchey dudebro mentality.

>The theme of an "undesirable" character coming to terms with who they are has been covered in literature thousands of times.
No shit, and it's been done a thousand times better. Subject matter does not make writing good. A good writer does. Kanye West is a terrible lyricist. Do you think classical authors would be as acclaimed if they wrote shit like "SENT DIS BITCH A PICTURE OF MUH DICK!"

>The character* in the track
*Kanye West

>instead of writing a novel about it, Kanye discusses said struggle in a song
Yup, instead of writing a beautiful piece of literature that may not sell millions, Kanye West chose to write a vapid pop song. Yay Kanye!

Kanye couldn't write a novel anyways, don't you know... he has no time for books. ;)
>>
File: dj khaled.jpg (86 KB, 755x898) Image search: [Google]
dj khaled.jpg
86 KB, 755x898
>>55327101
>I am a proud non reader of books
how am i supposed to teach teenagers when they look up to twats like this
>>
daily reminder to not argue with impressionable teenagers.
>>
>>55327101
I don't know where to even start with this one.

">First-person portrayal of caricatures based on different aspects of Kanye's actual personality.
So one aspect of Kanye's personality (which you seem to know quite intimately) is that he's an unsophisticated sexist brute, good to know!"

No valid counter-argument so you're resorting to "belittling" the point.

"It's generally a lot "safer" for a man to admit his shortcomings within the artistic medium where he's most comfortable and has a greater control of his/her "domain". Art itself is a method of expression.

Good for him, and yet it's been 5 years since that song was released and he's the same two dimensional "I'm an asshole but occasionally I admit I'm an asshole" character. And are you seriously defending his artistry with "it's difficult for a man!" nonsense? I thought a genius would be able to overcome douchey dudebro mentality."

I already spoke about the character's inability to change.

>The theme of an "undesirable" character coming to terms with who they are has been covered in literature thousands of times.
No shit, and it's been done a thousand times better. Subject matter does not make writing good. A good writer does. Kanye West is a terrible lyricist. Do you think classical authors would be as acclaimed if they wrote shit like "SENT DIS BITCH A PICTURE OF MUH DICK!"

The lyrical content of music won't ever match up to actual literature. But it doesn't mean an artist can't feature introspective lyrics in their music. And if you're still offended by ""SENT DIS BITCH A PICTURE OF MUH DICK!" after understanding the context it was used in, you probably just don't like hip hop.

">The character* in the track
*Kanye West "

I've already spoken about how the characters on each track portray caricatures of different aspects of his personality. After all, the album is called MY Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
>>
>>55326054
Oh god this image.
>>
I managed to make my ringtone the first two bars of All Day on repeat over and over again and it's the funniest thing ever
>>
>>55327669

This is what it sounds like, except it goes on until you pick it up or they hang up

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1iba0TqkAIJ
>>
>>55327400
>No valid counter-argument so you're resorting to "belittling" the point.

Counter-argument to what? I'm not sure in which context being a unsophisticated sexist brute is a good thing. I'm agreeing with you but I'm not going to sugar coat things like you try to.

>I already spoke about the character's inability to change.
This isn't a literary character, it's fucking autobiographical. It's Kanye West writing about the same thing he's always written about and the same thing he'll always write about. What we really have here is a dumb, ignorant rapper who writes shitty songs about the same subject matter over and over again, that's he's an ignorant asshole but he's occasionally aware he's an ignorant asshole but can't change because of... reasons? And assholes like you will read into every shitty line he writes and write empty paragraphs peppered with phrases like "like character of this story" as if that alone will make this vapid top 40 pop shit seem like it's open to serious critical analysis. People like you piss me off so fucking much, honestly I hate Kanye West more because of people like you sucking his dick than Kanye West. And please cite some more fallacies I've committed from the wiki article you just read.

>The lyrical content of music won't ever match up to actual literature.
Thanks for agreeing.

>But it doesn't mean an artist can't feature introspective lyrics in their music.
Agreed, hence the reason thousands of artists that were as shitty as Kanye have been "introspective" before. When will you rap kiddies learn that this isn't some magic word that makes you a brilliant tortured genius.

>And if you're still offended by
Not offended, it's just a shitty, crass lyric. Completely and utterly banal.
>>
>>55327400

>after understanding the context it was used in
Yup, the context being that he likes to send pictures of his dick to bitches like he did before it popped up on TMZ. I hope you feel happy with yourself for psychoanalyzing TMZ tabloid fodder.

>I've already spoken about how the characters on each track portray caricatures of different aspects of his personality.
Perhaps you could stop calling them characters and just refer to them as "Kanye West." Noble I know, but it'll make you sound less like a pretentious asshole.

>le ad hominen!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuck off
>>
>>55327771
>>55327790
see>>55327222
>>
>>55323470
>genuine musician
>>
>>55327771
>This isn't a literary character, it's fucking autobiographical.

MY Beautiful Dark Twisted FANTASY

Real life situations that played out in different ways in Kanye's head. Jesus, you guys don't get the album at all.
>>
>>55328534
Need a list of characters and their names from the album pls
>>
>>55323479
No, I actually genuinely, really very much like him. Doesn't mean he doesn't act pretty stupid sometimes
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.