[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you listen to electronic music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 17
File: electronic music.jpg (115 KB, 1024x829) Image search: [Google]
electronic music.jpg
115 KB, 1024x829
Why don't you listen to electronic music?
>>
>>55256343
i listen to all genres though
>>
Electronic music has been around longer than rock music
>>
why are you 13?
>>
>>55256343
6/10 guaranteed replies
>>
>Hospice
>bad
well meme'd
>>
>>55256385
pls elaborate
>>
>>55256343
I like electronic music but that pic is just cringeworthy
delete this thread
>>
File: ijLknyRuNhee1.jpg (458 KB, 800x1199) Image search: [Google]
ijLknyRuNhee1.jpg
458 KB, 800x1199
>"raw, human emotion"
>"subgenres that sound completely unique and different from one another"

tbh I don't think electronic music sucks, but I think most of it doesn't appeal to me because it lacks "soul", it sounds kinda "dead" to me. I need to feel a human playing, to feel a soul beneath the sound, not a computer or a synth. I can still get while some people are into electronic tho.
Plus I love well-written lyrics and singing in general.

Sorry if that makes me a pleb, /mu/
>>
>>55256343
Because I have no idea where to start and where to find some patrician shit. If you can recommend me a specific record label, list, or scene that's specifically patrician, do it. Start me off with some totally mind melting, influential as fuck, and in general amazing electronic music, please. Preferably something that's older so that I can sort of start near the beginning. Give me some records and artists that paved the way for electronic music as a whole. Throw me into the deep end and show me just how patrician your genre can get.
>>
>>55256343
but i do anon, aphex twin, boc, autechre, the list goes on...
>>
>>55256343
Le edgy b8
>>
this gains the "i'm a complete rockist and i mostly agree with this image" seal of aprovement
>>
>>55256343

It's souless and not very interesting.
>>
File: 1427636194205.jpg (14 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1427636194205.jpg
14 KB, 255x255
>>55256343
>>
>>55256411
Rock music has been around since the 1950s
Elevtronic has been around since the 1940s
>>
>>55256558
>1940s

try late 19th century.
>>
>>55256558
[citation needed]
>>
>>55256343
Why not both?
>>
>>55256613
haha what are you a tranny or something
>>
>>55256558
>what is the telharmonium
>>
>>55256433
>>55256450
are you a living meme?
do you have any opinions?
>>
File: termin.jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
termin.jpg
4 KB, 300x168
>>55256577
>>
>>55256613
Because refraining from factionalizing a discussion in the first post is terrible b8 m8.
>>
ITT: My taste > your taste
>>
>>55256558
It doesn't say rock music, though
Guitar has been around for a longer time
>>
>>55256700
Ackshully...
>>
>>55256651
My opinion is that OP is insecure about his taste in electronic music and feels the need to make an image telling us how much better it is than "that stinky guitar music." He's reached reddit levels of fedora tipping in this regard.
>>
yes obviously guitar concertos are JUST like hospice
>>
>>55256735
holy shit try to stay away from memes at least in one post

it can't be that hard
>>
File: 141992234242.png (156 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
141992234242.png
156 KB, 500x375
>>55256651
>Thinking any worthwhile discussion would come from posting an obviously satirical comic
>>
File: IMG.jpg (57 KB, 494x498) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
57 KB, 494x498
>>55256665
That isn't electronic music in a modern sense. Picture related. Considering this to be electronic music would be about the same as considering every use of a guitar or guitar-like instrument as rockmusic.
>>
>>55256757

That's not even a fucking meme you shithead.
>>
The false dichotomy and all underlying assumptions of the original post are invalid, and I will demonstrate why below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne-4T5xzDt8
>>
>Techno
>Ambient
>IDM

I feel like these are the only types of electronic music /mu/ even talks about. (Ragging on 'EDM' non-withstanding) Probably, because some albums/artists in those genres are 'P4K approved'.
>>
>>55256781
>fedora
>reddit
uh...I have some bad news for you
>>
File: ManhattanResearchIncCover.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ManhattanResearchIncCover.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>55256777
>Picture related
Pleb pls.
>>
>>55256777
It's electronic, and it's music, and the most important element to differentiate electronic music from guitar music would be the presence of electronic instruments, most prominently the synthesizer. A theremin is a form of synthesizer, and its implementation and compositional potential influenced Bob Moog to pursue a career in the design of electronic instruments, most notably the Moog synthesizer.

Theremin->electronica as blues->rock.
>>
>>55256422
that's understandable, but that's what makes electronic music so enjoyable. The mix of the human and the machine is where its magic happens. Even something as austere as Autechre has bits of humanity shining through the cracks. Listen to some Flying Lotus for something that wears its squishy bits on its sleeve
>>
>>55256422
You're a pleb in the sense that you haven't dug deep enough into the genre. Don't write it off and keep searching.

Since I Left You is full of soul and emotion
>>
>>55256985
And some ambient work is tear jerkingly beautiful
>>
>>55256900
My problem is that even if electronic music does show emotion (And it really does at times), it just doesn't ever feel as emotional or as relatable as music with human input into the instruments. Knowing that someone sat down and recorded that sad acoustic guitar track means a lot more to me, personally, than knowing that someone put together something in a computer. That's not to say that I've never been emotionally affected by electronic music, just that guitar music always feels more human, and therefore more "real" to me.
>>
>>55256343
Guitar music 50 years ago still wasn't as good as guitar music several centuries ago, though. Also, folk music is much better than muh indie Antlers.
>>
I used to listen to what I called "pretty electronica" mostly from Japan I guess. Some really good stuff.
>>
THIS ISN'T BAIT YOU FAGGOTS.

Disclaimer: I enjoy 70s and 90s Metal and I'm not a fan of Electronic.

This post speaks the truth, like it or not. There has been literally no innovation in Rock since the early 80s. That's not to say that there haven't been any good bands since. But by 2000 it was obvious Rock and Metal reached a dead end. Ever since the 80s, "progress" in all areas - be it instrumentation, vocals or lyrics - was defined strictly by derivation. Nobody was doing anything new, everyone was doing things that were already done (often times to death and back several times over) but giving them one superficial coat of "originality" at the end, a token trinket which technically meant they work couldn't be labelled as brainless imitation.

This isn't NWOBHM with Punk lyrics, it's Thrash Metal!
This isn't Thrash played faster, it's Death Metal!
This isn't Thrash/Death played through a potato and by people with no musical talent whatsoever, it's BLACK METAL!
This isn't Sabbath worship, it's Doom Metal! (Doom is pretty dank though)

Honestly, 90s Heavy Metal was the last gasp for Rock music in general.
>>
>>55256422
Have you listened to Boards of Canada? Everything they record is performed by humans on synthesizers in real time. They don't use computers at all afaik.
>>
Give me good electronic music to listen to. I enjoy Ratatat, Kavinsky, Perturbator.
>>
>>55256343
but i listen, techno is love of my life
>>
>>55257058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqUzSq1MVh0
>>
>>55257116
Disclaimer: you're retarded
>>
File: deadmau5_mu.jpg (424 KB, 806x2692) Image search: [Google]
deadmau5_mu.jpg
424 KB, 806x2692
Reminds me of pic related.......scroll down to the Dave Grohl bit
>>
Synthesizers are bad because even if you can make different sounds with it, there's no variation to the tone. Compare with theremin, where every note is played in a different manner.
See music is not just about dynamic and tempo, if every note doesn't have its own quality it easily becomes boring.

Just before i cause a shitstorm, i do enjoy electronic music. I feel like most of it isn't as good as acoustic.
>>
>>55257608
tone is part of sound
>>
>>55257608
>x is bad
That's a thought provoking start
>no variation to the tone
This is what synthesizers are designed to do.
The theremin is really a primitive synthesizer with a different synthesis method and a different approach to pitch and dynamics control. It has analog oscillators, filters, detectors (a predecessor to envelopes), an amplifier, and at least one mixer. It does have unusual expressive capability for a synthesizer though.
>>
>>55257594
that time stamp is ridiculously fake
>>
>>55256343
Are normies really unable to deconstruct the layers in Hospice? What a shame.

A lot of the "pads" you hear throughout the album are actually from Peter's guitars. Couple that with Darby's soft lullaby synth melodies and subtle LFO modulation , and you end up with a nice thick warm layer of sound speckled with these subtle intricacies that are a delight to pay attention to.

Never cared for the lyrics much, tho. Most electronic music can't convey half the emotions that the instrumental arrangements in Hospice can.
>>
>>55257705
you are ridiculously new
>>
>>55257737
>Are normies really unable to deconstruct the layers in the most normie album ever?
Fucking paradoxes, huh?
>>
>>55257705
LOLOL. It's true. Joel actually did an AMA on /mu/. Unfortunately, /b/ and /v/ found out, and flooded the thread with their fanboy-ism
>>
>>55257689
Well, my point isn't that electronic music doesn't have the ability to be good, it's that it's much harder to input with a keyboard. You can input the tones, but it's way harder to recreate how a 'real' instrument sounds because of it having an 'organic' input.
>>
>>55257780
>Hospice
>normie

Are you assuming every single track on the album is Epilogue? The only other album with arrangements remotely similar are the new Sufjan album.
>>
>>55257689
>>55257608
Also, the variation in tone more apparent in theremin music than other synthesizer music is due to the manipulation of sidebands intrinsic to an instrument that generates a continuous signal with a continuous pitch variation. If the user "flutters" the pitch at the right speed for the central pitch, the timbre will change. This is possible with any synthesizer with similar capabilities, say through a ribbon controller or pitch wheel.
>>
>>55257737
Hospice is actually a pretty interesting album. It's a shame so much of the board turned against it, their only criticism being "hurrr muh feels".
>>
it peaked in the 70s and 80s
>>
>>55257828
I replied to this above. I'm not saying it's impossible to make music of the same quality as an acoustic instrument, just that it's harder.
>>
>>55257821
Hospice's theme (bland, beaten-up cliches) and sound (nothing which hasn't been done by krautrock and electronic music composers in the mid to late 20th century) brings heavy emotional response only to the absolute of absolute normies which don't know any better.
>>
>>55257802
Certain theremins sound more real than others. It's about how deformed the output waveform ends up due to coupling between the pitch oscillators, and also very dependent on the skill of the player. Thereminbro here btw. The nuances to all this in comparison to the more mechanical sound of a synthesizer are hard to describe in any simple manner. There's really technical shit going on in the ether.
>>
>>55257903
give me some essential recordings
>>
d-does anyone here like electroacoustic music?
>>
>>55257932
Krautrock composers that were more "influential" than "good".
>>
>>55257944
Post recs, i'm trying to get into it. Also curious if the electroacoustic improv thing is a thing and not just a meme.
>>
>>55257977
>influential
More so than any indie hack will ever go down in history. As for the "good" part of your post, I express my sincerest condolences towards your lack of exquisite taste. Must suck being (on par with) a normie.
>>
>>55258038
Okay, how many "memorable" melodies does an album like Phaedra, for example possess? Because I've found nil.
>>
>>55256448
>>55256422
>Soul
Slap a computer and a guitar in a room by themselves. Which one made made music. Soul is a human element that comes through in composition. What you guys most likely mean is "I don't like the sounds" which is both understandable and truthful.
>>
File: cat 26.jpg (469 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cat 26.jpg
469 KB, 1600x1200
>>55258007
francis dhomont
tod dockstader
jacques lejeune
luc ferrari
karlheinz stockhausen

these are my personal favorite composers.

>Also curious if the electroacoustic improv thing is a thing and not just a meme

it's not, it's only a meme if you want it to be a meme. i don't really listen to EAI though.
>>
>>55256431
Just start with the list of rym and high rated albums from Resident Advisor.
Well atleast thats what I did.
>>
>>55258102
>melodies
CLT is that you?
>>
>>55256715
Most people would agree that rock music started with the invention of the electric guitar.
>>
>>55256343
I love making electronic music for the reasons in top but guitar music is amazing because it has that sort of sound of imperfection and distortion,also electronic music tend to lack the same kind of good vocals as rock music.
>>
>>55256343
>Haven't took the time to really listen to actual electronic music artists
>Usually can't stand people heavily into it
>Nothing against it and plan to dig what I'll like in it someday
In the meantime I try to keep an open mind about it. I'm sure there is excellent stuff hidden in this ocean of shit.
>>
>>55258229
>CLT

No

>melodies
Melodies are generally a very important component of non-electronic music. They provide direction as well as establish a theme/mood for a track.
Music without discernible melodies is just...bland. Yes, I know there are several genres that are the exception, but for a "genre" like "guitar music", they're an integral component.
>>
>>55258114
Yeah i like this. Reminds me of the cat's dream by kubrisch or whatever. I'll need to listen more to get a solid opinion though. Thanks.
>>
>>55256777
This isn't Rock music in a modern sense. Picture related. Considering this to be Rock music would be about the same as considering every use of a electronic or electronic like instrument as electronic music.
Do you see how dumb your argument is.
>>
Plebs still say ''electronic music''?????

Holy fuck
>>
>>55258477
It's not IDM, it's brain-dance!

*skinny white kid dancing furiously*
>>
>>55258409
Every sound available to our perception has it's own unique melody. Some people prefer their melodies for their harmonic content, others prefer them for their sonic qualities. There is no third because fire can't coexist alongside water.
>>
>>55258650
Every bandcamp/soundcloud producer makes music with "sonic qualities", but it's the ones with good melodies that actually stand out and end up making it big.
Even artists like BoC which have a huge focus on sonic qualities make it a point to include good melodies in their music.
>>
>>55258749
And every trained composer writes harmonically dense music in his/her free time. Not every succeeds at gaining success.

Successful artists seek out balance to appease both camps instead of focusing exclusively on one or another.
>>
>>55257705
>that time stamp is ridiculously fake

nope

Joel always confirmed on twitter after posting on /mu/
>>
>>55256343
I only listen to electronic music now though.

That and some OSTs.
>>
>>55258266
Okay, but no one said anything about rock music, it's about guitar music which has been around for much longer than electronic music
>>
Electronic music is in the stone age.
Nobody is talented or motivated enough to make anything special, including myself.
>>
>>55259097
OP's argument is that guitar music innovation stopped 50 years ago with the advent of rock.

Not that I personally endorse that opinion, just pointing it out.
>>
File: 1396230787603.png (24 KB, 400x351) Image search: [Google]
1396230787603.png
24 KB, 400x351
Hey guys this is OP

https://youtu.be/kt3Oj-Dq-MM
>>
>>55257121
Ever listen to Odesza? I enjoy Boards of Canada a lot, only recently found Odesza though and probably like it a little more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km-0kHxa7jg
>>
>>55259163
Recently saw these guys live, was pleasantly surprised
>>
>>55259163
This isn't very good.
>>
>>55256819
There's lots of talk about drone and noise too, and some industrial and of course hip-hop
Unless hip-hop isn't considered electronic, i don't actually know much about the genre
>>
>>55256385
Rock music originated in the 40s, synthesizers didn't exist until the 50s.

Organs and theremins don't really count
>>
>>55259734
rock music originated in the 50's

rhythm & blues doesn't really count
>>
>>55259640
Of course hip hop is electronic music.

Electronic music is any music with instruments that have plugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_musical_instrument

Hip hop, techno, breaks, dub, house, electro-pop, synthpop, industrial, ambient, musique concrete, the list is huge.
>>
>>55256385
>>55256385
Rock music originated in the 40s, synthesizers didn't exist until the 50s.

I suppose you could make an argument for theremins and organs, but those are mostly electrical powered instruments played in a traditional style -- purely electronic music didn't really emerge with its own recognizable style until later.
>>
>>55259825
>I suppose you could make an argument for theremins and organs

>>
I don't particularly like a LOT of electronic music, but there are some genres like psytrance and trip-hop that I enjoy. Other than that, EDM is too inorganic and uninspired outside of drug culture.
>>
>>55259825
>but those are mostly electrical powered instruments played in a traditional style
They're still electronic music you numbnut.

If by "purely electronic music" you mean the philosophy that is present behind most electronic music, it has to thank Luigi Russolo (creator of noise music) and his 1913 manifesto "The Art Noises".
>>
>>55259825
>>55259734
>theremins and organs don't count
>mostly electrical powered ... played in a traditional style
Theremins are completely electronic, and tonewheel organs are functionally and sonically interchangeable with synthesizers. Leon Theremin also invented a rudimentary drum machine/sequencer.
Electronic music as we know it directly from these inventions gear-wise, and from rock and latin dance music composition-wise.
Are we comparing EDM to the whole guitar repertoire and the synthesizer to rock music, or are we gonna start talking apples-to-apples here?
>>
>>55259917
>>55259868
fair enough, i'm full of shit
>>
>there are legitimate cucks who listen to electronic music

Holy fucking shit
>>
File: electronic.jpg (407 KB, 1609x1015) Image search: [Google]
electronic.jpg
407 KB, 1609x1015
>>55256343
Why do you think it's a choice between 'electronic music' and 'guitar music'? There are literally tends of thousands of instruments, which honestly far eclipse most electronic music in terms of timbre and tonal properties.
In reality the choice is between 'electronic music', 'electroacoustic music' and 'acoustic music', and as should be obvious to any non-brain damaged observer, acoustic music has had thousands of years to be honed into a masterful art, and electroacoustic music combines the positives of both.
The fact that you see it as a dichotomy between 'electronic music' and 'guitar music' only shows that your own taste is depressingly limited and banal.
>>
>>55260355
>I did not read the thread, and inadvertently repeated a series of points already repeated ad nauseum therein.
>>
File: vomit.gif (2 MB, 310x211) Image search: [Google]
vomit.gif
2 MB, 310x211
>>55260355
>Switched on Bach
>>
>>55260419
>I respond in a Pavlovian manner to facile stimuli.
>>
>>55260355
>autechre
>shit
lol sure kid
>>
>>55260355
Its ALL electronic music you retard troll.

Music made with electronic instruments = electronic music.
>>
File: john-cage-1[1].jpg (10 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
john-cage-1[1].jpg
10 KB, 300x250
>>55260501
>he thinks Autechre aren't shit
>>
>>55260589
>he unironically posts a picture of john cage
I don't think you should be criticizing anyone
>>
>>55260589
>he thinks posting a black and white photo of a renowned and controversial 20th century composer as a reaction image somehow defends his senile opinion
>>
>electronic music
>simple ass 4-chord progression (played on a preset in fruityloops) looped for 20 minutes
>no original vocals or even original sampling
>gimmicks like "le dropping bass!" in every single track

yeah it's awesome
>>
>>55260628
>electronic music
>more than one chord
>not just embellishment over a single chord looped for 20 minutes
>>
>ctrl+f post-african repetitions
>0
>>
>>55260628
>all electronically produced music is brostep

Are Americans really this dumb or just on /mu/?
>>
There is no "guitar music", wtf does that even mean, we can use guitar in electronic music too
>>
>>55260710
The Prodigy, Faust, the list goes on...

It works both ways, ''electronic music'' is as meaningless as ''guitar music''.
>>
Fuck, I think OP was successful.
We have failed.
>>
>>55256343

>using a bait pic
>2015
>>
>>55260566
instruments powered by electronics is far different than digitally created and rendered sounds you dipshit
>>
>>55260954
see
>>55259815

1 Early electronic musical instruments

1.1 Telharmonium
1.2 Theremin
1.3 Ondes Martenot
1.4 Trautonium
1.5 Hammond organ and Novachord

2 Analogue synthesis 1950-80

2.1 Modular synthesizers
2.2 Integrated synthesizers
2.3 Polyphony

3 Tape recording
4 Sound sequencer
5 Hardware hacking
6 The digital era 1980-2000

6.1 Digital synthesis
6.2 Sampling
6.3 Computer music
6.4 MIDI

7 Modern electronic musical instruments

7.1 The Reactable
7.2 Percussa AudioCubes
7.3 Kaossilator
7.4 Eigenharp
7.5 The Xth Sense
7.6 AlphaSphere

8 Chip music
9 DIY culture

9.1 Circuit bending
9.2 Modular synthesizers
>>
>>55260954
>Minimoog
>digitally created and rendered
>Roland transistor rhythm & bass machines
>digitally created and rendered
So any artist using analog gear is also not making electronic music?
>>
>>55260492
top edge
>>
File: Kolsch.jpg (55 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
Kolsch.jpg
55 KB, 312x312
>>55259163
Thanks anon. This is actually pretty nice.
Only music that I like comparable to this is Kölsch.

Recommend me some more?
>>
>>55261046
no u
>>
>>55261357
Not exactly the same kind of music but check out Little People, pretty solid stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLJ-EPuW1UE
>>
>>55259815
Does that mean any music make with an electric guitar is 'Electronic music'?
>>
>>55261046
>>55262159
Also forgot to mention Koan Sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXyW-oyc7-c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CkUmuNuA1g

Glitch Mob is probably one of my favorites of all time, but it's a little closer to bro step so /mu/ doesn't really like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17PM-UMVud8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbAUwi4D3Ew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kON_KRmFRKk
>>
>>55256343
>Hospice
>bad
OVER
V
E
R

THE
H
E

LINE
I
N
E
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2182x2729) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2182x2729
>>55259640
Grey and Purple doesn't get talked about, and only a couple of genres of blue and white. There are probably others, too.
>>
>>55262322
it's worse than bad, it's abysmal.
>>
>>55262322
there isn't even a drum beat on it dude how can you say it's good?
>>
>>55262388
oh just get the fuck out of here with all these made up subgenres.

>"This sounds a lot like Acid Techno but the use of phygrian mode in the third movement makes me think it's more Dub Techno"
^^you
>>
>>55262529
>made up sub genres
>>
>>55262529
Lol I didn't make the chart, Anon.
I'm still wondering why Acid-jazz is listed under 'Downtempo'.
>>
>>55262388
ambient, idm, and synthpop get talked about
>>
>>55262388
That's a hell of a lot of synonyms for bmptshbmptshbmptshbmptsh.
>>
>>55256411
one name Stockhausen(might haved spelled that wrongly tho,but search on google)
>>
>>55256422
Go listen to Flying Lotus, then, or Squarepusher, who plays bass with virtuoso technique.
Also check out Thundercat's solo albums (he's a virtuoso bassist and singer) which are also produced by Flying Lotus.

If you think electronic music lacks soul, you should approach it from the hip-hop side of it; I think you'll enjoy it more then: J Dilla, FlyLo, Prefuse 73, etc.

Not to mention the fact that DSOTM by Pink Floyd literally has one track that's just an arpeggiator playing the same notes over and over coupled with a bunch of sound effects and it's respected by rock/"guitar" musicians anyway.
>>
>>55256431
Warp Records. That's where you start.

Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus, Prefuse 73, etc.
Heck, listen to Bjork and Death Grips, this board's two waifus, if that's easier for you. They've both worked with electronic musicians (people like Mark Bell or Arca for Bjork, Death Grips is an electronic punk hip-hop band, basically).

But in terms of influence, Aphex Twin is at the top for Western/European "IDM" sounds, J Dilla is for American/Black hip-hop-based instrumental pieces. Either strain of music you could trace back to earlier forms, and you'll see them influence guys who are active now (like Flying Lotus).
>>
>>55263528
Different names, for different styles, feelings and BPM.
>>
>>55256410
>thinking hospice is good

Fuck off back to tumblr>>55256558
>>
File: 1379324784911.jpg (2 KB, 126x108) Image search: [Google]
1379324784911.jpg
2 KB, 126x108
I like electronic music and guitar music for different reasons, but find that both are equally capable of creating interesting moods/atmosphere.

I play/write guitar shit tho 'cause I'm better at it.
>>
>>55260355
>Not knowing about the No True Scotsman fallacy
>>
>>55260355
>tends of thousands
lel
>>
>Let's take one line from a 70s song, loop it and put a beat under it.

Electronic music, everyone.
>>
>>55256985
>Since I Left You
>Electronic
Almost all of the sound on that album are made by real instruments and not electronics. Still a great album, but not electronic.
>>
>>55256985
Since I Left You is probably the most human sounding album I know. Every point feels natural and it just feels warm.
>>
>>55256343
i do anon. boc, autechre, andy stott, demdike stare, pan sonic, etc...
>>
>>55265489
Sample-based music is still electronic music anon.
>>
>>55259734

first tape music, an electronic music form, was made in the 40s too
>>
>>55265568
not really, just remixed and re-arranged guitar music anon
>>
>>55265627
electronically re-arranged guitar music, yeah
>>
>>55265656
But not made with any electronic instruments. All music is recorded and mixed with electronic things.
>>
Classical > Electronic
>>
>>55265735
>re-arranging
>not a process of (re)creation
kek, apply yourself anon
>>
>>55265746
Electronic Classical >>>>>> Classical > Electronic
>>
>>55257024
Recommend me some more ambient anon
>>
>>55265854
Not questioning that it's a creation separate from the original recordings, but I am questioning that it counts as electronic music
>>
>>55257116
>But by 2000 it was obvious Rock and Metal reached a dead end.
lmao
>>
>>55257116
>What is Progressive Metal?
>What is Shoegaze?
>What is Blackgaze?
>What is Drone Metal?
>What is Math Metal?

>>55256343
Ugh. That pic is so fucking cringeworthy.
>implying electronic sounds aren't repetitive

Thinking on electronic music without voices (Radiohead or Portishead for instance), it's very hard for me to actually like electronic music. I like some of Trance or Ambient but EDM is just shit.

I love Downtempo, Acid Jazz, Ambient, Nu Jazz, Trip Hop, Industrial, some of Trance but I can't stand House, Garage, Disco and Breaks.

And people complains about Metal subgenres... Heck. What's the difference between House/Garage/Disco/Breaks anyways? They're all EDM after all.
>>
>>55266514
>I like some of Trance
>I can't stand House, Garage, Disco and Breaks
kill yourself
>>
>>55265875
Now that's just an abomination.
>>
>>55266514
Literally lol
>>
>>55256393
/thread
>>
>>55266514
Metalfags yet again conforming to be the worst fanbase on the entire board.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.