[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever feel like deleting all your music and just listening to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Late_Night_Tales_Avatar.jpg (25 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Late_Night_Tales_Avatar.jpg
25 KB, 316x316
Ever feel like deleting all your music and just listening to well-curated playlists/mixes so you don't have to think about anything anymore?
>>
>>55248208
no i dont feel this way

thanks for asking
>>
you ever feel like your mind has been so warped by 4chan and the internet that you have no hope of leading a normal fulfilling life?
>>
>>55248208
No
>>55248234
No
>>
>>55248234
yes
>>
>>55248234
everyday
>>
>>55248208
No, it'd be boring.
>>
>>55248208
Holy fuck no. I might have an anxiety attack just thinking about it.
>>55248234
I lost all hope of living a normal life before 4chan even existed. Who wants a normal life, anyway?
>>
>>55248328
>Who wants a normal life
you
>>
>>55248234
Most definitely
>>
>>55248234
I feel nothing but regret for coming to this website.

But yet, I can't leave.
>>
>>55248208
Yes. I'm really obsessive about music for some reason. I think so much about the artists and albums and so on that it gets in the way of the music. I can only feel like I'm freely listening to music on the radio, but I can't do that too much because I get nervous because I don't know the artist... it's appealing to imagine giving it all up and just finding some awesome podcasts or radio stations.
>>
>>55248379
Yeah. Anytime I hear a song I like anywhere, I HAVE to find out who it is so I can own it. And if I don't find out, I feel like something's missing from my life. It's stupid. I'd like to let go. I tried once before. But started collecting all over again.
>>
File: Jellyfish.jpg (758 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Jellyfish.jpg
758 KB, 1024x768
Is anyone else's opinion on music now entirely molded by this board? I dont listen to any bands that I used to before I came here. I literally just listen to all the /mu/ core shit like deathgrips, velvet underground, mac demarco, mf doom, and neutral milk hotel. You guys think Im plebs now too. Where the fuck does it end.
>>
>>55248424
It makes me nervous too, because I have to ask myself, "is it the music I care about or the idea of the music?" I don't care about having an image... I'm pretty sure I listen to music because I enjoy it... yet for some reason music seems very incomplete if it's music per se.
>>
>>55248489
It never ends. You will always be chasing the next thing. There will always be music you've never heard. And you will always feel insufficient because you haven't heard it.
>>
I spent over 16 years gathering my 1.4TB Collection of any musical genre out there, and you want me to delete them?
>>
>>55248545
Yes?
>>
>>55248208
no
>>55248234
>>55248346
>>55248328
>>55248281
>>55248257
see a therapist
>>
>>55248662
what about me? i get headaches, particularly at the sides of my head? chiropractor or doctor?
>>
>>55248507
I hear ya. Maybe, though you don't care about the image your project, you're still creating an idea of yourself based on the music you collect. A personal image. And without having all your music to look through, all the albums and songs that have memories attached to them, you sort of forget who you are.
>>
File: x.gif (458 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
x.gif
458 KB, 500x268
>>55248662
>>
>>55248208

Yes. I do.

sometimes i format my ipod, and sync just top 100 lists from bleep/pitchfork and some latenight tales.

feelsnotthatgoodman.jpg
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.