[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSA: You can get in trouble for downloading music from mega
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1427944596305.jpg (247 KB, 757x720) Image search: [Google]
1427944596305.jpg
247 KB, 757x720
Any of you like to download music from mega, or even anything in the archive? It's actually pretty easy to get into some serious shit for this. Here is how:

Header probing basically entails an active engine on the network (your ISP backend) looking at the file headers for any files being transmitted. Since a staggering amount of files are transferred just to load web pages and associated images, the engine should be set to only look at the headers of files over a certain size. The captured header traffic is then scanned for keywords, often provided by a content provider or associated content provider protection agency, looking for specific movie, music or software keywords. Beyonce, Adobe, Star Wars, for example. If the scanner catches one of those keywords, an alert is given to the person in charge of content monitoring. They then can determine if you were just downloading a wallpaper pack, or if you were downloading an entire discography, and respond with some nasty emails and fines. Possibly alerting your ISP too, and they could shut down your internet connection.

Just wanted to warn people because more and more are getting caught and having to pay ridiculous fines, even if it's just for downloading a small album.

Stay safe fellow /mu/tants
>>
Seriously, what's the deal with this scene? I don't get it. I don't get this meme. Somebody explain, please.
>>
UH UH UH
I'M A MEME MAN
NUH NUH NUH
I'M A MEME MAAAAAAN
>>
dr pavel i'm CIA
>>
[spoiler]f[/spoiler][spoiler]o[/spoiler][spoiler]r[/spoiler][spoiler]y[/spoiler][spoiler]o[/spoiler][spoiler]u[/spoiler]
>>
>majority of Americans don't even pay their taxes
>paying fines for downloading music and media

tip kik
>>
>>55237680
it's /tv/s equivelant of the Beatles copypasta
>>
How is there any money to be made in going after people who download media for personal enjoyment?
They're (whoever that is) is better off going after MEGA for hosting said illegal content. Oh wait, they did that. And shit, look what's back up, running, and hosting illegal content with a sleek new look?
>>
>>55237680
Awkward pacing and acting.
>>
>>55237327
Good thing I dont download supreme pleb shit beyonce. Cause I'm sure the government cares that I'm downloading some unknown artist that wouldn't even get that much money even if ordered a cassette
>>
>>55237885
Is it really that terrible? I didn't notice anything out of place when I watched the movie.
>>
I know this is a meme post, but I have a question. I use a VPN (Hide.me), does anyone know if this really works?
>>
>>55238052
Well, I've only seen that scene and various Bane one-liners on YT, but the meme stemmed from the fact that some people thought "For you." referred to "You're a big guy" instead of "It would be extremely painful.".
>>
>>55238362
>"For you." referred to "You're a big guy" instead of "It would be extremely painful.".

that's what i've thought this whole time wtf. it's like i've woken from a dream
>>
>>55238165
It's not a meme post. Everything he said is actually pretty true.

If you use a free VPN, it wont do anything for you.

If you pay for a VPN that is located in somewhere that's not america, then you are fine.
>>
>>55238362
LMAO now that makes sense :---)
>>
File: 1419661588980.png (113 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1419661588980.png
113 KB, 500x500
>>55239797
> :---)

wtf
>>
>>55239880
>being this binary

lel. go back to 4chan, edgy kid
>>
>>55237327

copypasta
>>
>>55240298
so its bullshit?
>>
>>55240434
It's not bullshit. It's all true, but this has been posted a few times.

Not really a copypasta
>>
>Be in NZ
>Mega.co.nz
>>
>can get in trouble
>can
maybe,
doesn't matter:
won't
>>
>>55237327
are you safe with a private tracker?
>>
>>55240886
Yes/no

Private trackers like what.cd and waffles are definitely safer than any public trackers, but the bigger the tracker gets, the more likely it is to get raided.

If one of them did get raided, i predict that they will go after people who were uploading the most.

To be safe, i would recommend that your email on the website is not connected to any thing that identifys you.

For example, if you have a what.cd account, and you are signed up to it with a gmail account that is also connected to something such as a facebook or anything that can identify you, that's not ideal. I would make a new email just for the tracker, since i believe the email is what connects the dots mostly and what is easiest to identify you with.
>>
Why does he wear the mask, /mu/?
>>
>>55242391
to hide his lack of talent. he's gimmicky as shit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.