[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the first time musique concrète was successfully intertwined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Revolver.jpg (380 KB, 1220x1220) Image search: [Google]
Revolver.jpg
380 KB, 1220x1220
Was this the first time musique concrète was successfully intertwined with pop?
>>
>>55231978
what?
>>
>>55231990
Such as the sped-up tape loops in "Tomorrow Never Knows".
>>
There are some strange songs in Tomorrow Never Knows (especially for the 60's), but it's all done with normal instruments. It's more similar to tape music than musique concrète.
>>
>>55232053
Does musique concrète only really consist of sounds generated by things other than traditional instruments?
>>
>mfw The Beatles invented post-rock
>>
>>55232326
How exactly
>>
>>55231978
john fahey was using field recordings of train sounds and shit way before.
>>
I love it when troll threads are able to create meaningful discussion as well as make people buttmad at the same time.
>>
>>55232370
I was just kidding. I don't actually think they created post-rock. I do think the way they made the growling sound with the guitar at around 1:00 is pretty innovative though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqdWMQmO2c
>>
>>55232423
ok
>>
>>55232386
>intertwined with pop
>>
The fact that...
>>
>>55232326
>mfw the beatles invented music
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.