[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever gone to a show alone? How is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: 1384302403524.jpg (46 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1384302403524.jpg
46 KB, 409x409
Have you ever gone to a show alone? How is it?
>>
I've been to a festival all by myself. Twice. It's in the city though so there's no camping involved. I take the tram back and forth, see the shows I want, go home.

Only time it was awkward was when I went to the clubs (not everything fits the main festival area so nightclubs around the city have artists on the night). I asked for a glass of water once and the bartender looked at me funny, so did all the drunk people.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (33 KB, 337x334) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
33 KB, 337x334
>>55211324
>going to a bar to buy water
>>
>>55211353
i was thirsty and barely any bar serves what I want. Is english cider too much to ask for? They only got the sweet "cider" variants here. I don't like beer.
>>
I went and saw The Glitch Mob by myself. It was amazing and I regret nothing.
>>
>>55211394
stop being a fag and drink some beer
>>
i live in a piss ass tiny canadian town with no hipsters or hot mamas so if i choose to go to a show it is just me but that is never because as a tiny ass canadian town there are no shows worth seeing however on one special occasion for reasons uncertain but probably related to online social pressure i decided to go to one show - billy talent - and it was fucking terrible and i fantasized about the prospect of the bassist throwing his bass guitar in the crowd and me retrieving it as at the time i needed a new bass and the music i was hearing wasn't enough to distract me from that thought aka it sucked it was loud
>>
>>55211270
I go alone and grope all them girls cute butt

>inb4 rape
>>
>>55211400
I did and drank whiskey on the way there.
>>
Yes. Growing up I went to most shows alone. I'm from an uncool lower-middle class neighborhood, so my friends were into different music than me and since they were also a little less well-off, they never wanted to spend money on things like concerts, especially the kinds of concerts that appealed to me and not them.

Generally the only concerts that aren't necessarily worth going to alone are concerts that are both large (i.e. stadium) and low-key. If it's an intense concert (i.e. punk/hardcore) then there's no point in bringing somebody you know because you'll be busy jumping up and down and smashing/falling into other people. Punk/hardcore shows are also great for meeting new people.
If the concert is low-key, but more intimate (i.e. folk, blues, etc.) then you'll probably be really focused on the music. In that scenario another person can be a distraction if they aren't also into that kind of music. If you go to that kind of concert you should only bring someone if they're going to be as focused on the music as you.

Again, the only time you want someone is for a major-level concert (i.e. stadium rock, mainstream pop). At those concerts you will feel awkward and lonely seated alone, as everyone near you is talking to friends and family members at their assigned seats.
>>
>>55211353
He could've been dehydrated. Stop trying to be billy badass on a forum where threads about korean pop get over 200 posts.
>>
Go alone is a nightmare is like lol just look at the scenary or your hands and you are around manymany ppl is so akward because you can't just look them they can see you in the eyes and is weird dude i just try my "hehe i like this song" but thats it. :/
Also heavy metal shows have dudes/girl more sociable than other rock-indie-pop shows..
>>
>>55211420
>not squatting down and taking a huge whiff off their ass
>>
Went to go see Deafheaven by myself when they were here in Baltimore.

It was fun; I don't understand this notion of doing social outings by yourself is not-normal. Very rarely will you find friends that share the same exact interests as you do.

You're probably not even remotely social anyway, op, so I don't get what the fuck you're even whining about.
>>
I'm going to a show alone for the first time in 2 weeks. All my friends would rather drink and be plebs.
>>
>>55211496
But they're better drinkers than you and know more about alcohols than you ever know.
>>
>>55211469
You should never go anywhere without a parent.
>>
I went to shows alone a lot as a teenager because I didn't know a lot of people who listened to the same music I listened to. It's kind of awkward if you show up early to a small club show and you're just sitting around waiting for things to happen, but once the music starts it's fine. Festivals are not awkward alone at all. I could see being a big stadium show being kind of weird to go to by yourself, but who the hell does that anyway. In any case there will always be other people who are at the concert alone.
>>
>>55211270
I went to almost all the shows alone.
Sadly none of my friends share my music taste.
But it's cool. I go there for music, not to chit-chat.
>>
>>55211270
Plenty of times I really don't get what the big deal around this is.

You have to stand still with your hands in your pocket for a while? Golly.
>>
Honestly I prefer to going to concerts alone a lot of the time. Having other people along just kind of gets in the way sometimes. Like, I don't want to have to worry about entertaining another person/not embarrassing myself, I just want to enjoy the music.
>>
>>55211528
They probably know more about alcohol, but I can outdrink their asses anyday. I havent drank in months, too.
>>
They wouldn't let me in. Something about a "no singles policy"
>>
i listen to shit tier music so yea i go to shows by myself a lot, its no big, nobody gives a shit whether you do or don't come with someone
>>
>>55211716
>>>/tv/
>>
>>55211741
Are you calling me a pedophile?
>>
Went and saw Low alone at a bar. Made a two friends in the meantime, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll meet folks as long as you're open to it.
>>
>>55211270
I went to Run the Jewels by myself back in November. It's honestly better, because you can stand wherever you want to and don't have to worry about where your friend wants to be or if they're enjoying it
>>
>>55211759
>2010+6-1
>not being a pedo
>>
>>55211761
>you saw Low alone at a bar
So jelly :c
I saw Low with my dad at a small concert hall, and it was a good show, but not optimal circumstances
>>
File: 1423633449766.png (670 KB, 737x691) Image search: [Google]
1423633449766.png
670 KB, 737x691
>Mfw taking my ex tumblerte poser and my guitar instructors son whos 16 to a mac demarco concert in a few days. Both underage and I gotta babysit them. And I actually listen to mac because I like him. Not cuz hes le goofball
>>
>>55211432
t-thanks tripfaggot
>>
>>55211429
I got no feedback on my post :(
>>
>>55212260
Ex gf* we were going together originally.
>>
I went to an OPN concert awhile back and like 10 minutes in some girl tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I was alone. I told her I was, and she immediately burst out laughing. She went over to her group of friends and they all started laughing at me too. I tried to relocate somewhere else but the laughter was spreading and eventually the entire crowd were pointing and laughing at me. At that point OPN abruptly cuts his set and asks what's going on. The same girl shouted "THAT LOSER IS HERE ALONE!", and he sort of just stared at her for like 30 seconds completely motionless with a blank look on his face. The crowd was silent too. Suddenly he snapped out of it, took off his Celtics hat and shoved it in his pants, and started barking at me loudly like a dog into the mic. Immediately the entire crowd starts barking and yipping like a pack of dogs. The people around me started scratching me with their nails while others tried to bite me and a few got on all fours and tried to sniff my ass. I turned toward the entrance and threw my beer at the crowd in front of me. They started going into a frenzy and biting each other. I took my chance and ran as fast as I could through them like a football player and laid in the parking lot crying for a couple hours. I could hear them barking the whole time. Once the show died down they each came out in a single file line and pissed on my face while I was lying there. At the end of the line was OPN, who, after finishing his piss, called me pissyface.
>>
>>55211270
Saw Meat puppets alone two years ago. It was amazing, had a lot of fun, danced and sang along, made some friends there.
>>
>>55212297
welcome to the internet
>>
>>55212297
"feedback" l e l

Getting no replies to your post is very common on le 4chan
>>
went to see tool live, dropped LSD, my third eye was fisted that day
>>
File: 1422406123744.jpg (82 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1422406123744.jpg
82 KB, 600x800
>>55212297
thats because you're a faggot
>punk / hardcore
>thinks slam is cool
>not being a fad for edgy white teens
>going to mainstream pop shit
>>
seeing swans tonight alone. first concert going alone. gonna mosh my soul out
>>
>>55212701
see you there you fucking loser
>>
>>55212701
>moshing to swans
>>
>>55212743
doubt it cunt
>>55212769
IDGAF
>>
>>55212701
>moshing to swans
omg ur so cool n rebellious xD
ayy
enjoy your 2 hours of pure musical tension

I bet you'll be that guy who tries to stir up shit but gets booed by the crowd
>>
>>55212793
no one else will be moshing. it's not moshing music.
>>
i prefer it tbh
>>
>>55212350
I remember OPN tweeting about that
>>
>>55212657
I didn't say slam is cool. But it's just what happens at punk shows.
Indie music in general is rooted in punk. Punk has been going since around '74, and hardcore has been going since about the end of '79.
>>
>>55212793
No you'll see me there cause if I see you moshing I'm literally throwing your ass out.
>>
>>55212909
Really? Where?
>>
>>55213149
I have ivan 2 protect me its all good
>>
>>55213233
He's not going sadly. And neither am I ;-)
>>
what's wrong about mosh pit?
>>
>>55211373
> I don't like beer.
>>
>>55213203

twitter
>>
>>55211432
Lets be real, they are never about actual K-Pop.
>>
Swans are playing in Dublin soon. I don't listen to them but I've heard good things about them and their live shows. I'm strongly considering going but am reluctant because I'll have to travel an hour on public transport which will probably cost as much as the ticket and I'll be going alone.

Should I go or wait until the next time they come and I've listened to them properly/have friends?
>>
>>55211373
no one likes beer instantly. it's an acquired taste
>>
>>55211270
Most shows I've been to I went alone. I don't have much friends and the one with the best taste is a dadrocker
>>
More like
>have you ever gone to a show with friends
>>
>>55214058
this
>>
>>55213367
:o
>>
>>55211373
...dont be a pussy
>>
i always make it there on time to get in the front when i go alone. but i never have anyone to hold my spot when i have to go piss or get drinks so i have to do without that. well worth it.
>>
I went to Meshuggah in Brixton 2012 on my own.

Meshuggah was amazing, and for the most part I forgot about being on my own. But when going for a piss or getting a drink it was awkward.
>>
>>55211270
I went to see Yann Tiersen by myself last year. It was a really great show, and honestly I felt like being there alone suited the music a lot better.
>>
>>55212701
It'll be hard to do that
>>
>>55211270
if you have the choice of going to a show with friends, or going by yourself, go with friends

If you can go to the show by yourself, or not at all, go alone

plus maybe you'll finally talk to the qt3.14 who's also going and happens to be sitting right next to you even though you didn't know she liked Mumford and Sons too
>>
saw NMH alone twice, once at merriweather post pavilion, once a few days ago (14th)

was kind of weird, i just stood there with my eyes closed for a while so nobody would approach me, and when i couldn't close my eyes anymore i just stared at the stage without moving
>>
>>55212350
nice copypasta
>>
>>55213569
>>55213882
>>55216640
>stop disliking what I like!!
>>
Saw radiohead alone, saw nmh alone, saw bon iver alone... All amazing.

I just stand there with a beer and let on to the other loners in the crowd
>>
>Go to a multi band show alone
>everyone else with friends or gfs
>one band had a shitty singer and I was feeling kinda mad
>One girl taps me on shoulder and says "Hey every time I turn around I see you and you look uncomfortable and youre throwing off my buzz"
>I say "Well im sorry for throwing off your buzz"
>Girl goes "Um this is weird, im gonna go talk to my friend now"
>I see she goes to talk to the female singer of the band I actually came to see
>I go up to them and smile and tell the singer how great her set was
>Singer introduces me to girl that just snubbed me
>I say "yeah she said how I threw off her buzz"
>then after singer pats girl on shoulder I rub her hair like a dog
>>
>>55213882
>forcing yourself to like something
>not liking the taste of beer at first sip, even a shitty Coors Light or similiar

KILL YOURSELF
I
L
L

Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
>>
I went to see Bob Dylan alone and Hugh Laurie alone. I tried to look cool and mysterious but it didn't work because I have a babyface and I'm 5'9"
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.