[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good album to start listening to Pink Floyd?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Pink_Floyd_-_all_members[1].jpg (26 KB, 385x358) Image search: [Google]
Pink_Floyd_-_all_members[1].jpg
26 KB, 385x358
What's a good album to start listening to Pink Floyd?
>>
>>55184632
idk probably a Pink Floyd album but I'm not sure
>>
File: PinkFloydFlowChart.jpg (1 MB, 2688x3712) Image search: [Google]
PinkFloydFlowChart.jpg
1 MB, 2688x3712
Here you go OP
>>
>>55184671
Thanks.
>>
>>55184671
Good chart
Although I would replace Piper and Saucerful
>>
Dark Side of the Moon is their most iconic, but it's super overplayed to a lot of people. Listen to this if you want accessible.

Animals is a good start if you like longer more progressive songs.

Wish You Were Here if you want something in between Darkside and Animals.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn if you want 60s psychedelic. Note that this album sounds nothing like later Pink Floyd.

Ummagumma or Atom Heart Mother if you want something more experimental.

If you want cheesy arena rock operas then go for The Wall.

Also check out Meddle (or at least just the song Echoes which is seriously amazing.) Saucerful if you liked Piper. Live at Pompeii is also a great summation of Pink Floyd from Saucer to Meddle.
>>
>>55184715
yeah I found this one on the web and I think it's really good , much better than the black one that suggest DSoTM and then Atom Heart Mother
>>
>>55184671
>>55184715
I was just going to say that, swap Saucer and Piper and that could work
>>
>>55184671
This.

Except I don't find the Final Cut and The Wall to be similar enough to warrant a 'want more'.

The Final Cut is like a boring, slowed down, not-as-atmospheric collection of outtakes from The Wall.
>>
File: 1427570299141.jpg (98 KB, 381x457) Image search: [Google]
1427570299141.jpg
98 KB, 381x457
>>55184823
I love the piper , but I agree with the chart , I think that ASoS is a much better introduction to " Psychedelic Pink Floyd" than Piper , it is also more accessible and almost everyone recognizes the beginning of Let There Be More Light
>>55184917
You have a point , but still The Final Cut has to come after The Wall , its the album most similar too , maybe the captions are spot on
>>55184917
>>
>>55184632
Start with Dark Side , then WYWH or The Wall , basically like the chart posted
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.