[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fourtothefloor/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2
File: anawa_imed.jpg (819 KB, 3504x2336) Image search: [Google]
anawa_imed.jpg
819 KB, 3504x2336
/fourtothefloor/ - the place for discussing house and techno, and related styles of dance music
discussion of breaks, grime, dubstep, etc belong in other threads
>>
new lobster theremin is nice.
>>
>>55074278
have not heard it, is it on slsk?
they're constantly releasing good stuff, that Daze single was one of my favourites last year
>>
>>55074305
got it from what, i'll up it real quick.
>>
>>55074314
thanks for that
>>
meh once again i am dumbfounded and outwitted by 4chan's spam filter. how2sharezippyshare links.
>>
>>55074342
zippy doesnt get blocked
or pastebin whatever abortion ur trying to post
>>
>thread wars instead of just using bleep
fuck off
>>
Since when did /bleep/ start fragmenting into these more specific generals? There a /breaks/ thread too
>>
>>55074356
right, i always forget about pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/Jp3hJXcG
>>
>>55074342
zippyshare links are banned now?
just give me the number after www and the code (X51gBpeH for example), I can fill it in thanks
kind of odd though
>>55074366
>>55074377
there's no reason you can't post in both if you don't want to, some people just don't want to see junior spesh, blackout crew, or ninja spamming links to old d'n'b comps all the time
>>
/fourtothefloor/ - where very little actual four to the floor music is discussed
>>
>>55074379
thanks!

http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/tg5eWpjo/file.html
i can post it, that's odd
>>
>>55074382
>>55074397
4chan thought my post was spam, that's all i can say. meh.
>>
>>55074382
go to a fucking house and techno forum then
>>
>>55074433
>don't talk about house and techno on 4chan

this is what you are saying. are you retarded? please leave.
>>
>>55074444
>that logic
i'm saying you can talk about it in THE FUCKING BLEEP THREAD YOU DUMB NIGGER
IF YOU LITERALLY CAN'T FILTER / IGNORE POSTS GO TO A FORUM
>>
>>55074456
why should i have to hide 50% of posts in a thread
do i have to filter every post that has the word mega in it to avoid ninja's sharespamming?
and why do you have to post in all-caps and saying "nigger" like a 12 year old on /b/?
>>
>>55074456
i don't want to use /bleep/. i don't share much of my taste with those people in terms of genres and it's way too uk-centric for my tastes as well. why does this offend you so much? what's your problem with another thread?
>>
I actually agree.

Metal, punk, emo, hip hop, ambient, downtempo... they all have their own threads.

Why should 30+ years of techno, or house, or breaks all have to share one thread?

The answer: this is /mu/ and like classical and jazz, they will die out quickly as most on /mu/ have no clue about any of it.
>>
>>55074481
>too stupid to report someone for spamming
>too stupid to just ignore posts
holy fuck

when did it become the norm that content in a thread has to be completely fuckign specific to your wants

literally you are just trying to simulate subreddits on 4chan.

that is what you faggots are doing here. bleep is arguably too specific already, and now you want three fucking dead threads that knock other threads off the board, and you probably don't know how to use the catalog, being so new, so you won't use any of the bleep replacements either.

please actually kill yourselves out of 4chan because you don't understand the concept.
>>
>>55074382
>or ninja spamming links to old d'n'b comps all the time
First time in about 6 months
>>
>>55074521
Good lord you're mad. So three shitposting threads might get pushed out. If they're discussing music who gives a shit, hide and move on
>>
>>55074521
>report someone for spamming

Since when is sharing music spamming
>>
>>55074505
i didnt even read the last part of your post and i typed this up

because theres not enough people interested in these genres of music to keep an active thread up

it will just die in an endless sea of shit or become contrived because theres at best 5 knowledeable people posting
>>
>>55074521
>bleep is arguably too specific
how is a thread about almost 40 years of something as broad as electronically produced music people dance to "too specific". i don't think we could get any more vague besides just a "dance music" thread that contains everything from disco to cumbia

just calm the fuck down, none of this posts makes any sense
>>
>>55074521
>>55074527
but ninja is absolutely in his rights to spam his mega links. in fact, i encourage it. it's just not content i'm interested in.

i won't even respond to the faggot who compares general to subreddits, there is literally no other way to discuss dance music on /mu/.
>>
anyway, was checking out some of amir alexander's stuff since he's supporting mr fingers here later this year, his boiler room berlin mix is worth checking out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_F2KwwGPvA
>>
>>55074541
it's up to the judgement of the mod, but if enough people report then they will get banned because it's illegal anyway

>>55074537
very well. have fun for like two days at most of people making these threads as they fall off the board over and over because they get 5 posts an hour. either the mod will realise what is happening and you will get blown out (i hope he texts me about it afterwards) or you dipshits will give up and realize i am right.

>>55074549
because it is slow enough already you fucking retard.
>>
look like it or not

you have to realize youre just separating a fanbase that would crossover anyways

youre forgetting where we are, and were lucky enough to even have a thread now to discuss such music in that doesnt die or get constantly raided by mutards
>>
>>55074548
Exactly, thats why /bleep/ exists and we have to share.
>>
>>55074574
>>55074572
>>55074548
>>55074505
/thread

Without /bleep/ we'd have nothing but Aphex Twin, Autechre, Daft Punk, Justice, Burial and the latest p4k BNM only.
>>
90% of /bleep/'s content doesn't interest me yet people tell me to stay in /bleep/.

how fucking stupid are you? you've literally become /mu/.
>>
question: where does stuff like floating points and four tet belong?
i mean, they're both great but all their catalogues definitely avoids falling too neatly into one idiom
>>
>>55074590
>/bleep/ taking credit for turny's work

lol

>>55074599
>genres cross over

no shit. although i'd say they both firmly fall into the house continuum these days.
>>
>>55074595
99.99% of the planet's content doesn't interest you, yet you stay in it. your logic is sound, you should leave.
>>
>>55074550
>won't even respond to the faggot who compares general to subreddits
First of all you did respond, second generals only came about as a thing following the influx of redditors a few years ago, and they truly represent the redditisation of 4chan.
>>
>>55074606
>>/bleep/ taking credit for turny's work

What are you even on about?
>>
>>55074610
why are you comparing 4chan threads to the real world?
if people can make multiple threads about something as specific as a certain aritst or even a certain album, we can make threads about something as broad as house AND techno
>>
>>55074612
i've been on /mu/ since 2008 and i could not give less of a fuck if you like generals or not.
>>
>>55074612
Generals occurred because it was the only way to get specific about genres otherwise ignored.
>>
>/bleep/ has a god complex

who would have thought.
>>
>>55074618
im not that guy but i mean go ahead and do it

were just telling you it wont work because weve tried in the past and the threads just die

so at least try not to shit up the bleep thread with your whining in the process
>>
>>55074618
But this is /mu/, there aren't that many people who even know the difference here between the 2, let alone keep each thread going.
>>
Also thought that there being a split to Last.fm B+B group was silly all should just post in /bleep/.
>>
>>55074634
you are the ones shitting up this thread with your whining, not the other way round.

>>55074643
b+b always was much better than /bleep/. but it's not 4chan so it's not entirely comparable.
>>
>>55074643
uh im sure a lot of people in that group post in the threads
>>
>>55074643
Most of B&B do post here.

ninja, summer, Luke etc all do
>>
>>55074643
b&b is much older than /bleep/.
>>
>>55074606
Is Turny a Bleepster? I though he was just a Acid-jazz head? Are there two different Turnys or one?
>>
I dont care about this kind of music and I don't know if these generals will take off, but best of luck to you, everyone deserves a staple comfy thread.

I would have stopped coming here if /anco/ wasn't so comfy
>>
>>55074650
kid take a fucking look around. there are like 2 music related posts (LOL) and the /breaks/ thread is getting 1 post every 10 minutes by the same fag on proxies. honestly it's going to take you dope unce unce fucks actually seeing the result of your folly for you to stop so go ahead and discuss club and techno in your secret club now
>>
>>55074678
>I would have stopped coming here if /anco/ wasn't so comfy

You sound genuinely cancerous
>>
>>55074667
The first one started in 2011 didn't it?

>>55074677
He started B&B in both incarnations, he is old though so was around for the rave era but can't handle the BPM anymore.
>>
>>55074661
The 3 key posters!
>>
>>55074678
>I would have stopped coming here if /anco/ wasn't so comfy
if only
>>
>>55074694
*3 most obvious posters
>>
>>55074677
he either constantly takes off his trip and starts shit flinging wars or someone tries really hard to make it seem like theyre posting as him without a trip to do such things
>>
>>55074677
there's one. he likes mostly breaks stuff, but also nu jazz, downtempo, house, turntablism and shit.

>>55074683
yeah there are two music-related posts because /bleep/ fucks like you are metashitposting hard itt, you idiot.

>hurr durr this is going to fail

then leave this thread and let us fail in peace.
>>
>>55074683
>this thread
>58 replies
>11 posters
>>
>>55074693
K
>>
>>55074722
because i have to tell you fifty times this won't work before you understand
>>
>>55074606
>/bleep/ taking credit for turny's work
What
>>
>>55074693
http://www.lastfm.de/group/%5Cmu%5C+EDM here it is. 2011.

>>55074731
maybe just fucking leave already, you complete and utter cunt.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE4L1sxXDk8

less meta-arguing more tunes
>>
>>55074734
>.de
>>
>>55074741
yeah i just googled it real quick, sorry for my ip. :^)

>>55074736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyM5RO2ZfTk
>>
>>55074661
That's what I mean if most are here, why have another little club
>>
As much as I may find a /bleep/ schism entertainment, I'm kinda jealous you guys have enough people to have splits in the first place.

>Mfw /SoulFunkRnB/ doesn't last long.
>>
>>55074734
blame me for fuckign trying to stop this shit before it's too late and i have to spend a week with three dead tabs open. im literally joan of arc here. i'm socrates drinking the hemlock. in a week you will build fucking monuments to me, wondering why you didn't listen, but i will 'leave' now.
>>
>>55074758
Why have B&B?

It started 4 years ago because it got away from the shithole that is 4chan.
>>
>>55074758
because the constant bleep thread that you consider shitty didnt even exist a little over a year ago
>>
>>55074758
b&b is older than /bleep/, so close down /bleep/ before b&b. besides, this whole thing is about actually having space to discuss what we like, which we can't in /bleep/. if this is doomed to fail like >>55074764 likes to say every 5 seconds, then there genuinely aren't enough people on /mu/ who are into house and techno. which is fine, but it doesn't make /bleep/ any more welcoming for the genres.
>>
>>55074762
>Prayer circle for

/SoulFunkRnB/
/AcidFunkGrooveJazz/
/Traditional/

Who else?
>>
>>55074826
/bloop/
/downtempo/
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.