[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a collective name for the type of "artsy"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (501 KB, 1533x1926) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
501 KB, 1533x1926
Is there a collective name for the type of "artsy" pop music that got big with Lady Gaga around 2008 and continues with Lordes, Sia, etc?
>>
>>54970902
shit
>>
Shite
>>
>>54970902
Pop music
>>
>>54970902
I don't see much similarity between those
>>
>>54970902
There's no way Sia doesn't molest that kid. It's creepy as hell how obsessed she is with her.
>>
>>54970902
sia has a great voice but holy fuck i fucking hate her fucking music with a fucking passion. fuck. if i hear chandelier one more fucking time i'm going to kill myself.
>>
>>54970902

HERE'S WHAT YOU FAGGOTS DON'T GET ABOUT SIA

SHE'S A HACK

https://youtu.be/wp43OdtAAkM

THIS PERFORMANCE DANCE SHIT BEEN DONE BEFORE BY MORE TALENTED ARTISTS

IT'S JUST NONE OF SIA'S FANBASE WILL EVER HAVE A CLUE WHO KATE BUSH IS
>and omg look at that, kate bush had the guts to actually dance
>>
>>54970902

OH, AND SIA'S WIG?

https://youtu.be/0xueCCyZ5V8

DEBBIE HARRY and/or ANDY WARHOL brought it into pop culture
>>
>>54970902
The music press tends to label it simply as "art pop," but that has entailed radically different things in the past.
>>
>>54970902
Why is sia so ugly? Was she a man once?
>>
>>54970994

mate sia has been around for about 18 years, she writes songs for many artists too

just because her current gen of fans believe she is completely original doesn't mean she thinks so
>>
>>54971244

>SIA has been around for 18 years

yeah 18 years of struggling outside of the American Music Industry

so don't start that bullshit, he was hardly famous before chandelier
>>
>>54971311

*she
>>
>>54971311

that's got nothing to do with it, she has put out consistently good stuff and has been influential behind the scenes

calling her a hack is just plain wrong
>>
>>54970959
Or she just really likes her emotive style of dance, knows she's somewhat iconic due to "Chandelier" and your mind's filling in the blanks?
>>
>>54970902
pop music with eccentric costumes? it's basically your standard blues-based music sung by females with pretty good vocal ranges, maybe some elements of something more contemporary (that's where you get "artsy" from), and use eccentric costumes- BOOM, casual listeners like it because it's so "quirky," wannabe artsy people like it because it's so "conceptual," pop music listeners like it because of blues-based structure, and the industry likes it because it basically reuses things from the past and makes it seem like they've been invented, thus proving how easily the public can be sold a product that's been done before.

i think actually "artsy" pop music is stuff like whatever sort of left field EDM producer is putting out. i'd go so far as to say that dub step was more artsy and forward-moving than Lady Gaga circa 2009.
>>
>>54971382
But why does she dress that kid up and bring her all over the place? Seems weird. Also, I've never seen "Chandelier", nor do I care to, so I don't get the "iconic" status.
>>
>>54971375
except it's not, 18 years from 2015 still puts kate bush's performance dancing video and warhol/harry's hairstyle at the staples of her image

she's a bum, and a hack

fuck her stupid pronunciation of words, fuck her chandelelelelelier bullshit, fuck her

https://youtu.be/ha7smLPz2GY

video related
>>
>>54971481
>dub step was more artsy and forward-moving than Lady Gaga circa 2009.

This. The only people who think Lady Gaga is "artsy" are philistines.
>>
>>54971481
Lady Gaga is backwards thinking, nothing original. Grace Jones, Maddona etc were doing this shit 30 years ago
>>
>>54970902
Lady Gaga and Sia are kind of similar, but Lorde is different to them, I like her music the other two are just annoying
>>
>>54971620
y r u so mad
>>
>>54971779
>still pretending gaga and madonna are similar
at least gaga is a little talented
>>
>>54971375

look at her album cover...

she ain't art pop, she doesn't have 1 original element to her image
>>
>>54971828

because I live in a world where I have to date women who listen to SIA...

and SIA is a fucking joke

>"Sia, who is a vegan"

then there is this gem, just proving what kind of shitty person and artist she is
>>
It's hard to make art pop and not be contrived/pretentious.

Lady Gaga talks the biggest load of shit.

M.I.A. is pretty much the only one who has done it well recently.
>>
>>54971779
>>54971857

The first time I actually listened to Lady Gaga's music was that video of a girl puking paint on her.

That remains one of the most bizarre videos I've ever seen, not because of the paint-puking, but because it was mad performance art shit happening to inane-as-fuck boring, mass produced daytime radio middle-of-the-road pop shit

What the actual fuck?
>>
>>54971906
you should try to control your anger, im sure the girls you date hate listening to your music too and if they don't you're probably just lying to prove a point to an anonymous person half a mile away.
>>
>>54971906
Are you ok? Do you need a moment?
>>
Why do people hate Sia? She was an indie artist who got really popular with her new album. Calm the fuck down. She's just doing what she wants.
>>
>>54971906
>I have to date women
>>
>>54972068
it's publicity first
>>54972103
I don't listen to the same set of songs for 6 months straight, they can hate it all they want but at least it's not the same every time
>>54972168
I'm fine, I just can't take anyone seriously who listens to her trash music and thinks her performance dance videos are something new and inspiring
>>54972400
well you're a fancy one aren;t you?
>>
>>54971946
M.I.A. makes real art music, Lady Gaga had the press telling us how "unique" and "artsy" she is. The laughable thing is, her music is generic. It seemed as if these comments were based on her LE SUPER WACKY MEAT DRESSES, rather than her music.
>>
Pop music marketed towards avant teens
>>
>>54971382
you know shes autistic right?
>>
>>54971906
for you
>>
>>54972537

you forgot all the pro gay stuff used to get fans

the whole "was she born a man" rumors at the start

gaga has talent, any time she's sat in front of a piano she can bang out her own tunes

I'd like to see her compete with the king though

https://youtu.be/OmLOt9mRD18

this is what a star is ladies and gentlemen, he literally left the stage, building and drove away in a limo
>>
>>54971841
Sure buddy, nothing alike
>>
>>54972807

madonna also has a large gay following...
>>
>>54970919
/thread
>>
>>54971779
everyone knows gaga didn't invent the movement, she just made it popular again
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.