[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Your band will never become successful and you will eventually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: sad-frog.jpg (27 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog.jpg
27 KB, 550x535
>Your band will never become successful and you will eventually have to give up on your dream of becoming a respected musician, having to work a shitty job for the rest of your life

How do I get over this feel?
>>
>>54922795
it sounds like you don't really love music so you'll figure it out.
>>
by drinking yourself to death
>>
It sucks but if you try hard enough you can make it. What instrument do you play?

>>
>>54922825
I do love music, why would you assume otherwise?
>>
>>54922863
Piano, trumpet, drums, guitar and bass.
>>
You will never become successful if the reason you make music is to become successful.
/thread
>>
>>54922868
because you're seemingly quick to give up
>>
>>54922900
If you play classical trumpet you can work a steady job for an orchestra.
>>
>>54922907
I haven't given up, its just the fact that music will likely never be my full time job. I'll never stop creating but I wish it could be more than a hobby.
>>
>>54922795
you get over it by acknowledging that thousands of other people have been through the exact same experience. you're nothing speshul OP
>>
>>54922904
Right you are!

Make music to make music, make friends, and make memories, not to become rich or famous.
>>
>tfw you have plenty of ideas to do original, risky stuff, and you are convinced that would knock some doors
>tfw the rest of your band dont like them, so you end doing generic entry level shit just to please 'fans'
>>
File: happy-pepe.jpg (7 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
happy-pepe.jpg
7 KB, 249x243
>>54922955
That honestly makes me feel slightly better
>>
>>54922954
m8 nobody makes enough from music as a full time job. niggas like /mu/ pirating killed sales

only big time producers and ghost producers make cash.
The only artist making some cash have to do everything themselves to get ahead
>>
>>54922868
because if you loved music you would be writing good music by now because you would turn to every possible resource to make it happen. you'd read books, you'd talk to people, you'd play more instruments, you'd've learned how to sing by now, you'd thought out some original gimmicks, you'd've done this and that.

and you wouldn't give up (after you've done all that). but you did none of that and its probably too late to start now so you actually gave up a long time ago because you don't know what it's like to actually love music. don't mean to sound condescending but it's true.
>>
>>54922795
The ultimate goal of an artist is to be trascendental, not succesful. Think of Velvet Underground or Th Shaggs
>>
>>54922795
by being honest with yourself and moving on, but not necessarily giving up. i think even though it doest seem like it, it may be better to keep music as a hobby rather than killing the fun of it by making it into a job
>>
File: .jpg (176 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
176 KB, 1100x733
>>54922973
Iktfb
>>
>>54923003
Are you trying to imply that this is what you do?
>>
>>54922973
Start a new band my nigga
>>
>>54923198
lol i didnt mean to imply that, but i do it all for my love for music.
>>
>>54923198
No, he's implying that he's thought about being a musician, convinced his parents to buy him a guitar, and played Wonderwall for a few weeks before going back to wasting his time pretending to be an artist on /mu/.
>>
>>54923252
i don't like that song, though.
>>
>>54923003
>>54923251
I don't think it's your place to tell people whether or not they love music, but then again you are a tripfag so you clearly have an unwarranted sense of self importance anyway.
>>
>>54922795
This happened to me, now I'm school to become a history teacher.
>>
>>54922904
tell that to 95% of artists on the radio who cater to that market (aka THE market)

and remember that the top 1% of artists make 77% of the profits
>>
>>54923326
remember that I don't give a fuck about making garbage music for the market or making a profit.
>>
>>54923251
Then how come we've never heard of you?
>>
>>54923311
I think it's anyone's place to say something if it's true, applicable, and relevant. Some people mistake deep interest for passion, but really they're just dilettantes who haven't found their favorite thing yet. There's something ahead in OP's life he hasn't discovered yet that he'll truly love and he'll realize he never loved music.
>>
>>54923371
dude you're talking to kane west
>>
>>54923371
because I'm in the recording process, boy! Jesus Christ do you think all musicians just pop out of no where like suns from the west. Let me hold on to my anonymity while I still can.
>>
>>54923380
I agree with the second sentence of this post, but the first sentence could be construed as hypocritical.
>>
>>54922795
It's easy, OP, once you get past your teenage phase you'll be over it.
>>
>>54923380
We did it gents, we found the most pretentious cunt on /mu/.
>>
>>54923390
Calling Kane West a musician is extremely generous, considering literally anyone could do what he and the rest of his lot do.
>>
>>54923489
..but i'm Little Moo !
>>
>>54923417
oh god it's gonna sting when you realize you're not getting famous
>>
>>54923519
Post a link to some of your stuff or gtfo
>>
>>54923516
Show me an album by you that's equal to or better than Late Registration.
>>
>>54923578
Kane West is a music producer from England who creates absolutely shite music, I thought you were talking about him rather than KanYE. Yeah I agree that Yeezy is a GOAT producer.
>>
Everybody feels this way at some point: your unoriginal, self-indulgent, bad, getting nowhere in terms of writing good music for yourself. But notice how it is always the same thing when you think like this? There's never a truly original reason why your bad, failing, etc. you just are. So these thoughts are truly the unoriginal bullshit, and the thing your doing is actually better than that. Now if your not happy (which is different) with your songs etc. write some new ones, or try playing a key/way that you don't normally.
>>
>>54923626
Sorry man, my bad.
>>
>>54922795
>Audition for a successful band
>Get gig
>Dreams can come true
>>
>>54923235
I fear starting again... searching the right people is hard, and I don't live in a big city, so that makes it harder...
>>
>>54923747
You don't need to start over. Just have two bands; it's not like you're doing this full time is it?
>>
>>54922795
smoke a joint then go back to the line and bang out a service
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.