[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Animal Collective album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: Centipede.jpg (269 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Centipede.jpg
269 KB, 600x400
Centipede Hz

Wide Eyed
New Town Burnout
Amanita
Moonjock
Applesauce

outtakes:

Crimson (GOAT FUCKING SHIT)
Honeycomb (AMAZING)
Gotham

Amazing record. Discuss
>>
>>62922747
>Wide Eyed
>New Town Burnout
>Applesauce
>Honeycomb
>Gotham
crap for AnCo standars
>Amanita
>Moonjock
pretty good tracks for AnCo standars, Moonjock is probably my favorite in the album, great opener. Sad nothing in the album comes close
>Crimson
good track for AnCo standars
you forgot about Monkey Riches, is also good
>>
This is stupid. You obviously don't really think Centipede Hz is their best album or you wouldn't have started this thread.
>>
I liked centipede hz quite a bit but it's nowhere near the best anco album. Strawberry jam and feels are much better albums
>>
>>62922904

Its more of a question on what is your favorite, I didn't say its law that ChZ is the best.
>>
No. Painting with is the best
>>
Sung Tongs is my favorite by them, but I'm partial to Strawberry Jam because it's the album that got me into them in High School (and subsequently weirder music after that).

I love the original CHz cover, I wish they hadn't changed it.

Also, Gotham is the best song from the Centipede sessions.
>>
>>62923503

Seems like Sung Tongs is generally considered the best, which is great because it was always my favorite too..

Wish they would do another acoustic/"freak folk" type album like that
>>
Sung Tongs is my favorite followed by Feels. Really enjoying Painting With too, it might settle into third place. I hope their next album is something acoustic and tribal with their current electronic experiments mixed in.
>>
I never even understood why people loved "New Town Burnout" so much. Always found it SLIGHTLY bland for people putting so much praise for it.
>>
>>62922747
Crimson and Honeycomb are better than anything on the album.
>>
Tfw seeing them tonight
>>
Here comes the indian and spirit is the best
>>
>>62922747
>>62922747

Monkey Riches is my favorite and I have never at one point hated it.

Ask me anything
>>
>>62925392

I like Monkey Riches but doesn't anyone agree its way too long? It goes on and on and on without changing anything up.. just too repetitious towards the end, but it is brilliant otherwise
>>
>>62923694
It's just the most emotional moment in what is a mostly emotionally sedate album. Any song will sound emotional and moving in the vicinity of Wide Eyed and Rosie Oh.

That being said, NTB is absolutely stunning live.
>>
>>62925447

Wide Eyed is just as, if not more so, emotional. I dont get why people shit on it
>>
>>62925480
It's boring as fuck.
>>
after listening to PW, you really appreciate Chz more

it only had like 2 bad songs
>>
>>62925673

You're boring as fuck
>>
>>62923568
>Seems like Sung Tongs
really? I like it a lot but I don't see it picked as a favorite very much on here.
>>
File: 1454967976677.jpg (81 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1454967976677.jpg
81 KB, 480x640
>>62925673
don't be mean to deak
>>
>>62926234
Everything else I've heard from him is actually pretty great. The live version of Good House might actually be my favorite song from an Animal Collective solo project. I guess he wanted to save his best stuff for his solo album, which I'm expecting to be around a 9/10.
>>
>>62922747 (OP)
>Discussing one of their worst
I don't feel like it, here's the objectively correct rating list of their + panda bear's discogs instead
>Perfect
Person Pitch (10)
Sung Tongs (10)
>Near-perfect
Hollinndagain (9.8)
Merriwhether Post Pavilion (9.5)
Here Comes the Indian (9.3)
Young Prayer (9.2)
Campfire Songs (9.2)
Tomboy (9.1)
>Great
Strawberry Jam (8.9)
Animal Crack Box (8.6)
Prospect Hummer (8.5)
Feels (8.3)
>Good
Painting With (7.9)
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've (7.4) Vanished
Panda Bear (7.3)
Fall Be Kind (7.2)
ODDSAC (7.1)
>OK
Danse Manatee (10 at parts but overall a 6.7)
People (6.4 (Tikwid is great though))
Water Curses (6.0 (Water Curses is great though))
>Mediocre at best
Centipede Hz (5.7)
Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper (5.5)
>>
>>62927396
WWEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW LAAAAD
>>
>>62928443
off by one
also why r u wewing on my post???
>>
>>62925480
>>62925447
Both of those tracks are the only ones where someone other than Avey/Geo had majority control over the direction of the song.

Rosie Oh is Panda phoning it in.
>>
>>62927396
>STGSTV
>7.4
>MPP
>9.5
What
>>
>>62928526
stgstv has 2 god-tier tracks and the rest is just alright, overall not some masterpiece like people making it out to be
also mpp is their best pop record as a group
>>
>>62928558
Yeah, no one who thinks that actually knows what they're talking about.

From beginning to the end it's brilliant.

And Strawberry Jam is actually the best pop record. There's far too much chillout on MPP for it to be their best pop record.
>>
>>62928558
>2 god tier tracks
>The rest is just alright
Nah fuck off it's the closest thing to a 10 they've ever made
>>
>>62928599
>what is an opinion
also I agree that there's a bit too much chillout filler on mpp but it's still much better executed
>>62928634
title track and april and the phantom are great m8, the rest is just alright
yes, that includes alvin row
>>
>>62928699
>Chocolate Girl
>Bat You'll Fly
>"Alright"
MPP has way more mediocre tracks than STGSTV
>>
WHY DO PEOPLE LOVE SUNG TONGS I DON'T GET IT
>>
>>62928699
You literally have no reason to underrate Alvin Row, Bat You'll Fly, and Chocolate Girl if you like April and the Phantom.

You're coming off as selectively contrarian.
>>
they're all to bouncy and zany for me + I know how to wipe my ass correctly srry
>>
>>62928807
Which way do you wipe?
>>
>>62928763
I know I am, I've just honestly never been able to get into it because it doesn't feel like it has the same magic as the first two tracks. I'm not too into rock outside of AnCo's other stuff so that might be a factor.
>>62928748
It's their only acoustic album that combines the god-tier vocal harmonies of Panda with the odd songwriting Avey had at the time. That and it's just consistently great, not a weak track on it.
>>
>>62928699

Alvin Row is fucking brilliant. Blows away any other song on the album..

And the album is totally beautiful. I don't think I can be friends with someone who doesn't like it. It's one of my favorite albums of all time
>>
My top 10 in order:

1. Tung Songs
2. Strawberry Wine Jam
3. Marry Weather In Poster Child Pavilion
4. Feel (my dick)
5. Here Comes The Nigger
6. Spirits Don't exist
7. Odd Ball Sac
8. 1000 Hurts (oh wait thats Shellac isnt it)
9. Huffing Paint With
10. Dance And The Manatees
>>
>>62928807

Anyone who has to stick in some condescending retarded faggot reply about AnCo obviously has some problems. Maybe jealous you have shitty taste?
>>
>>62930053
not bad
>>62930085
you mad
>>
>>62930085
maybe jealous you have shit stained undies?
>>
>>62930309

Nah just hate faggot 10 year old little shits like you that are staying up past their bedtime
>>
1. Feels (10)
2. Here Comes the Indian (10)
3. Campfire Songs (10)
4. Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished (9)
5. ODDSAC (9)
6. Hollinndagain (8)
7. Sung Tongs (8)
8. Strawberry Jam (8)
9. Merriweather Post Pavilion (8)
10. Danse Manatee (6)
11. Painting With (6)
12. Centipede Hz (5)
>>
>>62928748
how can you hear who could win a rabbit, winters love, we tigers, etc. and not fucking love it?
>>
File: 1456121954202.png (94 KB, 267x271) Image search: [Google]
1456121954202.png
94 KB, 267x271
>>62922873
>New Town Burnout
>isn't his favorite AnCo track
>>
>>62931269
Terrible ratings.
>>
>>62931971
it's not gud m8e
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.