[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know that there's no way to really know this for sure,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
I know that there's no way to really know this for sure, but do you think that music fans in general are more intelligent than tv/movie fans or game fans? I know that literature fans are more intelligent than us, but I just get the feeling from talking to video game people in general that they don't really think about anything past breakfast.
>>
i got a boner
>>
Each group is distinct and mutually exclusive.
>>
Music is a wide thing you know.

There are some genres that attract smart people though, like electroacoustic or art pop.
>>
Music fans aren't smarter, but a lot of them sure as shit think they are. See the Dunning-Kruger effect
>>
>>54846322
dont forget metal and progressive rock
>>
>>54846322
>art pop
>not crust punk
pleb
>>
>>54845708
obvious exceptions are people who watch primarily documentaries and 2deep4u shows, and people who play puzzle/math/science games

Our death grips fans are probably our least intelligent clique.

> inb4 /tv/ and /v/ invade
>>
>>54846338
Well I prefer prog pop over prog rock, I kinda despise when they try too hard (like "deep" stuff a la PT).
>>
Having more knowledge about something does not make you more intelligent.

Also, on some level, music, movies and games are also literature.
>>
>>54846338
but every metalhead I know is fedoracore faux-smart

I know it's just a stereotype, but it must affect the average intelligence of the metal fanhood.
>>
File: 61EZDSDTZPL._SY300_.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
61EZDSDTZPL._SY300_.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
There will always be stupid music/film/books that cater to stupid people, but video games is different, because to many people it is not considered an artform, and rightfully so. There hasn't really been an impacting video game that can question those ideas, that's why you always see immature and stupid video game fans when they discuss it.
Example: >>>/v/
>>
>>54846376
yeah except books are fucking confusing as hell. It's incredible to me how you're supposed to read all the words and have it convey some sort of meaning to you, like some sort of giant code. I always feel like there's hidden patterns and secret messages throughout the writing, like things the author adds that you have to be acutely aware of to pick up on, like something subtle but always a key that connects two things together giving things new meaning. That is why I hate reading.
>>
>>54845708
>OK AY WOW
ayy
>>
>>54846444
> autism

Just read the words the same way you'd listen to a buddy talking, that's the way the author intended it to be read. If you wanna find hidden patterns, Google the book and find another fucking autist's discoveries in it.
>>
>>54845708
I play vidya and read too, so what... "music fans" are empty words
>>
>>54846593
I actually do this with all the series I finish.
>>
>>54846593
yeah but I'm already 20, almost 21, so if I started reading books at this point in my life I would just be extremely far behind on whatever progress I could have made in reading, it would be like trying to pick up drawing or playing an instrument at this age. The time to start those kinds of things has come and gone, I wasn't interested in those things as a child so now I won't be able to really start a satisfying hobby reading books at this age. I also am so far behind on any of the literature that I could have been reading I have probably missed a lot of opportunities to read a lot of really great books, I do have limited time to live because I will die some day. My reading skills are actually not that great. I can read a book pretty well and I can decipher what it's says, but it's often a slow and tedious process for me. I will often be the last person in the room to finish a test back when i was taking tests in school. It's not like I do the work any better or worse than anyone else, it just takes me a long time to put stuff together because I am kinda dumb. So reading overall is kind of a tedious effort for me, I would have to build my reading skills if I wanted to become a better reader.
>>
>>54846715
Mate I get what you mean, but hey at least you wrote this post and it's not lazy IMO. Maybe you should try writing.
>>
>>54846715
>yeah but I'm already 20, almost 21, so if I started reading books at this point in my life I would just be extremely far behind on whatever progress I could have made in reading, it would be like trying to pick up drawing or playing an instrument at this age.

This is a myth. You can learn anything at any age. Your brain doesn't have a limit to when you stop being able to learn how to do a particular skill.
>>
>>54846695
What's your favorite series?
I didn't really watch many and I would like some recs. Don't really wanna go to /tv/ for that
Btw my favs are Breaking Bad and Battlestar Galactica.
>>
>>54846823
yeah come to think of it they did bust the myth that you can't teach an old dog new tricks on mythbusters.
>>
>>54846823
true fax

i went to college at 24, and i had alot more common sense then than at 18. i think that helped me learn more effectively and to be able to see the importance of what i was learning.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.