[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here a fan of Worlds End Girlfriend? I like a lot of his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: a1083466314_10.jpg (361 KB, 689x688) Image search: [Google]
a1083466314_10.jpg
361 KB, 689x688
Anyone here a fan of Worlds End Girlfriend? I like a lot of his stuff, with Cruel Girl's Beauty being a personal favorite. What about you anons, any favorite songs/albums?
>>
>>54804312
I'm definitely a fan.

My favorite is This or Lie Lay Land

Haven't heard Cruel Girl's Beauty before.
>>
>>54804439
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URwg_y3RRYA

It's from the album Ending Story, I would give it a shot if you haven't had the chance, wonderful album, wonderful song.
>>
Hurtbreak Wonderland has to be one of my favorite albums of all time. Favorite song is probably Octuple Personality. The sax on Octuple Personality is just stellar.
>>
Sup Hampus, where u been?
>>
>>54805292
The way he writes the songs is really cool, if a bit strange. For Seven Idiots, he recorded vocals with normal instrumentation, then removed the vocals and went nuts chopping and moving stuff about. I wonder what his process for Hurtbreak Wonderland was?
>>
Anyone check out his new album?

Girls/boys songs?
>>
Where should I start with this band? Some of my favourite artists are Popol Vuh and Ruins.
>>
>>54805474

Fucking what, I was wondering when he would release another album. Didn't even know he had one coming out.
>>
>>54805502
He sort of has two big things, more classically inspired music and pretty crazy pop-like stuff. If you'd prefer then pop stuff, then the album Seven Idiots is great, if you prefer the classical stuff then Hurtbreak Wonderland is good.

>>54805474
Holy shit, I didn't even know. Thank you!
>>
I've only just started listening to Girls/Boys and I'm enjoying it so far. Boys is a great track, 1:45 is godlike.
>>
>>54804312
This is the only album I've heard all the way through by him but I really enjoy it and I enjoy the other stuff I've heard by him. also I've heard the album with Mono all the way through
>>
Holy shit Boys is great so far.
>>
>>54805568

No problem. Enjoy!
>>
seven idiots is great. does anyone know any artists similar to him or kashiwa daisuke/matryoshka?
>>
>>54806284
I can't think of anybody off the top of my head for his pop/rocky stuff, but as far as the more mellow stuff goes I guess the Avalanches? They have the same kinda choppy sound, but they're not as out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI89J55wZj8

sorry if it's not quite what you're looking for
>>
>>54804312

Only currently own Hurtbreak Wonderland, "100 Years of Choke" is my favorite song by his.
I found out about WEG on /mu/, so I'd expect people to like him on here.

He's releasing a new record called 4時間33分 (4 Hours and 33 Minutes—clearly a play on Cage's composition; he's also doing a double time cover of "4'33"" called "2'16"", haha—on the 31st of April. Look forward to that, I guess. This is apparently a track off this forthcoming record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfw0NKaFBxQ&feature=youtu.be

You can keep track of his music, and of his compatriots, on his label, Virgin Babylon Records.
https://virginbabylonrecords.bandcamp.com/

Pretty good prices for damn good songs, if you choose to buy them.
I'm planning to get Seven Idiots when I can get to that. But first, I have a bunch of records I need to listen to.
>>
>>54806460

whoops, fucking trips from an old session. sorry about that.
>>
>>54806284
go-qualia

Just check out the other stuff on Virgin Babylon.
>>
>>54806460
Damn this is good. Really looking forward to this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43IV-oy0T3o

Here's another new track, just found it. So good.

Anyway, I've heard all of his studio albums, Hurtbreak and The Lie Lay Land are by far the best. So much beauty in those albums. His earlier ones are pretty solid too.
>>
>>54804312
I am now... thank you!

Reminds me of Sweet Trip if they were less shoegazey and more sample based, and I don't find myself saying "this reminds of Sweet Trip" that often.

<3
>>
>>54807397
I'm glad to hear! It's always great to get people into new music.
>>
>>54807883
holy shit

shut the fuck up you humongous tool
>>
Ghost of the Horse Under the Chandelier is a good song, even if the naming is weird. Great strings.
>>
>>54804312
the collab with Mono is hella dope
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.