[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe the moment when you lost all faith in Pitchfork
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: Ian Cohen.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ian Cohen.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
Describe the moment when you lost all faith in Pitchfork
>>
>>
When they gave Blur a 9.5
>>
I never had faith in them
>>
>Ryan slipped in next to me.
>He pulled a maroon jewelry box from his Member's Only.
>"I was going to wait to give this to you," he said.
>"Oh, I, thanks," I said.
>Inside the box sat a green lapel pin shaped like the number six laid over Poseidon's trident.
>"It's a service pin. It's jade," Ryan said.
>"Yeah, I get the joke. I just don't see why six years is an anniversary to celebrate," I said.
>"That's how long the Pixies were around. Besides, I wanted to ask you to write a new review," he said.
>"Ah, Jesus, man, I knew there was a catch," I sighed.
>>
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7342-nyc-ghosts-flowers/
>>
>The Unbearable Whiteness of Indie
>>
>>54779269
I came here to post this
>>
>>54779549
This was the final straw. I mean what the actual fuck pitchfork?
>>
When they started giving inflated ratings to indieshit and mainstream pop rap

so from the beginning pretty much
>>
>>54779549
You stuck it out too long
>>54779289
This maybe, or his Kid A review
>>54779252
This too, the review was just ass
>>54779244
This was funny actually, Ian Cohen is alright
>>
File: zaireekasma[1].gif (64 KB, 320x414) Image search: [Google]
zaireekasma[1].gif
64 KB, 320x414
>>
Is that Ian Cuck
>>
>people hating on brent dicrescenzo
>his are the only reviews anyone remembers

he was a genius
>>
kelly clarkson since u been gone 25th best song of the 2000s

august 2009

objectively when everyone else should have stopped caring, too
>>
>>54779987
>his are the only reviews anyone remembers
because he's one of the worst reviewers in the history of the internet
>>
when they were giving generic mainstream hip hop albums like Honest & Sremmlife 8.0+ i realized i had to move on
>>
I read the Kid A review on the first Sunday of every month
>>
>>54780050
honestly, i'll take his over the countless reviews that recycle the same phrases and tropes and empty platitudes and analogies that have been used in music reviews since the start of pop music journalism
>>
That JD review today was pretty shit, I gotta admit.
>>
Lateralus review
>>
File: hurts.png (328 KB, 661x329) Image search: [Google]
hurts.png
328 KB, 661x329
it's a tie between this, and that time they named Hold On We're Going Home SOTY.
>>
>>54779244

>ever putting "faith" in a music review site

I listen to albums rated high by p4k and enjoy plenty, but I don't let their rating influence mine. I just use it as recs basically.
>>
>>54781002
brent strikes again

and surprise surprise
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/
>>
>>54779244
Their review for Untilted
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/368-untilted/
>>
>>54781002
thank you based brent
>>
>>54779653
Didn't have that much faith in them to begin with, but that was the point where i started to ignore them completely
>>
>>54779244
When they ripped off one of Marcel's reviews.
>>
File: p4k credibility.png (6 KB, 247x180) Image search: [Google]
p4k credibility.png
6 KB, 247x180
>>54779244
uhh
>>
File: seriously.png (158 KB, 659x321) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
158 KB, 659x321
>>
File: 1360644302191.png (218 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1360644302191.png
218 KB, 500x374
>listening to critics
>ever
>>
File: 1.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
>>54782132
>filename
>>
>>54781117
Was going to post this. Also their Mars Volta hate is just ridiculous they must've done something to piss p4k off.

Then they give shit like waka flocka 8s
>>
I never had much faith to begin with but this Ian Cohen quote (which was later excised) is a funny one:

>In 2015, factory work seems more like a vocation for people who just somehow ended up with that job, because that’s what you do, I guess. But it’s also a potentially attractive situation where the repetition and physical labor can be meditative, a good way to shut off one’s mind, especially when it tries to parse how you ended up as a factory worker in 2015.
>>
Them giving Paralytic Stalks a 2 made me stop looking at their scores for a while

The review was so one-dimensional too
>>
>>54779244

When they described TMS as the peak of Death Grips artistic and songwriting in the JD review. But really that was just the last straw tbh
>>
>>54782370
Wow what a conceited, smug piece of shit. As if his work as a fucking music critic is more valuable

What article/review is this from?
>>
that time they named Hold On We're Going Home SOTY.
I almost had an aneurysm
Also MBDTF that album is most overhyped of the 2000's.
Constantly giving trash rap higher scores than 5
>>
>>54779244
Once they started deleting their old reviews bashing albums that later became popular/influential and then giving 9s and 10s to the reissues
>>
>>54782441

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/20138-further-out/

>[Editors note: an earlier version of this review contained an aside in the first paragraph whose meaning was unclear; it should have been removed in editing initially and we have done so in hindsight.]
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.