[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As TJR eloquently described them, Liturgy are a gestamkunstwerk.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Liturgy - The Ark Work.png (628 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Liturgy - The Ark Work.png
628 KB, 600x600
As TJR eloquently described them, Liturgy are a gestamkunstwerk. Their existence is performance art which supports the music they create. And if like Wagner they create "musical dramas" then Hunter-Hunt Hendrix's life is yet again perfectly emblematic of this, pushing black metal's and people's boundaries in an effort to further music.

Not an album for the closed-minded. Or Rossini lovers.
>>
He cant be as pretentious as Sean Lennon's girlfriend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7yHVpYuLNY
>>
>>54653921
we all know HHH has autism
but he means well.
he just can't get out what he is trying to do without making sense to anybody.

Ark work was still executed poorly because he just did everything on ableton. it's sounds good and it's progressive. but I think he's still holding back extremely talented guys like greg fox.

I hope the next record in the next 5 years is where he finally gets his shit together.

Music wise aesthetica is better but the backlash made him scared to do something like that again.
>>
>>54653936
jesus she has more autism then HHH

she probably cucks him in bed denying him sex all the time
>>
>>54653936
did that bitch just shush him? also
>you'll never be that rich
>>
>>54653936
>stereolab
>tortoise

This guy has some neato taste
>>
W-will HHH ever make anything as good as Glory Bronze again? Reign Array came close I guess.
>>
Reminder that Kanye's life is the closest we have to a Wagnerian Gesamtkunstwerk in modern music
>Music
>Art
>Clothing
>Design
>>
>>54653936
i bet she lived in chinatown so she could constantly tell people she lived in chinatown.
she's quite loathsome, but she's also cute a f
>>
I liked this album quite a bit, Quetzalcoalt, Reign Array and Total War are really good tracks
>>
I like it too, dont understand what all the fuss is about. Good experimental metal album. Compared to, say, norwegian avantgarde metal its actually pretty sublime.
>>
lol I knew it. As soon as Fantano reviews it there will be threads about this garbage again.
>>
So any artist that receives negative attention is performance art?
>>
>>54655002
it's the most noteworthy album this year so of course its gonna be talked about
>>
>>54653936
This video is a parody, yeah?
>>
>>54655033
You haven't seen any of HHH's videos?
>>
>>54655255
I have.
>>
>>54655364
Then you should know.
>>
>>54655435
That musicians often make videos to accompany their musical output?
It's nothing new.
>>
>>54655465
oh you're probably thinking about that short album trailer
he was talking about this:
https://vimeo.com/24858799
>>
>>54653921
>gestamkunstwerk
If you're going to use German. Use it properly.
Gesamtkunstwerk.
>>
>>54655503
No, I was talking about those.
Nothing makes them more inherently "performance art" than any artist making a video.
>>
>>54655526
but it's memey tho and you can see his dick twice
but basically it's "performance art" if you just call it that.
>>
>>54655465
https://vimeo.com/49643883

um did u watch the same videos I'VE WATCHED?
>>
>>54655541
If it's "performance art", then so is half of the banal shit you'd find on obscure Youtube channels.
>>
>>54655585
I don't consider it performance art
It's just him being autistic
>>
>>54653936
I want her to hurt me.
>>
>>54653936
I want her inside me
>>
>>54655541
i want him inside me
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.