[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-t he-unbearable-whiteness-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 29
File: Sweet_Trip.jpg (24 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
Sweet_Trip.jpg
24 KB, 500x378
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/

ITT: we list nonwhite indie bands, or at least indie bands with a significant nonwhite member.

I'll start: Sweet Trip.
>>
TV On the Radio
Bloc Party
Blood Orange
>>
>>54653548
i have a better idea.
ITT we discuss the non whiteness of nigger music
>>
Test Icicles, the guy also does solo work.

By the way, this article is so what the fuck. Imagine if some white male writer at Pitchfork Pitchfork released an article called "The Unbearable Blackness of Hip Hop". That would cause outrage and make national media headlines.

But as a brown female she could literally call for the death of the white man in this article and be praised as some purveyor of equality.
>>
File: Cibo_Matto.jpg (350 KB, 2048x1635) Image search: [Google]
Cibo_Matto.jpg
350 KB, 2048x1635
>>54653617
Let's not and say we did.

Cibo Matto
>tfw you had a dream you hung out and watched game shows with Miho Hatori last night.
>>
>>54653631
hip hop and indie music aren't really comparable in this context so shitty analogy on your part anon
>>
>>54653617
this is kinda a funny thought actually. Dont nigger get really upset when a white person gets popular? Something along the lines of another white man stealing from our proud black culture
>>
File: Toe[1].jpg (93 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Toe[1].jpg
93 KB, 480x360
these guys count yeah?
>>
>>54653548
what happen to maklremore is he dead?
>>
>>54653721
>Dont nigger get really upset when a white person gets popular?
when white hip hop/pop artists use hood ass language and inflection and accents yeah they don't like that cause its a lot of white people who shit on that culture but the they sort of co opt into their music and its suddenly its all good
>>
Banana Melt? Toro Y Moi?
>>
File: Onuinu.jpg (837 KB, 1024x691) Image search: [Google]
Onuinu.jpg
837 KB, 1024x691
>>54653548
Compare the likes/retweets on that article to a rare one of actual merit from the same site: http://pitchfork.com/features/electric-fling/9588-electronic-warfare-the-political-legacy-of-detroit-techno/

>>54653728
I should have specified *western* nonwhite indie bands. My bad.

Solo artists work too.
>Onuinu
>>
I read the whole article. I should have stopped after her crying about the B&S album covers.
>>
File: girlfriends.jpg (63 KB, 600x877) Image search: [Google]
girlfriends.jpg
63 KB, 600x877
Of course there'll always be Girlfriends
>>
File: 1427418951705.png (1 MB, 1437x1414) Image search: [Google]
1427418951705.png
1 MB, 1437x1414
reminder
>>
>>54653804
pretty much the racist equivalent of 'lel male tears cutting off peoples dicks is not sexism'
>>
File: 1427326929320.png (201 KB, 397x407) Image search: [Google]
1427326929320.png
201 KB, 397x407
>>54653804
>>
>>54653804
I bet she craves the BWC
>>
Foliage is part Hispanic

DIIV's Devin is part frog
>>
>>54653548
>ITT: we list nonwhite indie
almost every hip hop musician
>>
File: colin.png (167 KB, 535x468) Image search: [Google]
colin.png
167 KB, 535x468
>>54653804
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54653804
sounds like some white guy dumped her
>>
>>54653804
thing is she still has to call them 'white people'

every other race is just blacks, niggers, spics, asians. they're all dehumanished with these group names.

but she ALWAYS calls them white people. very interesting.
>>
>>54653804
this has to be racism I mean what the fuck

its racist and demeaning to indians for this not to be racist
>>
>>54653804
she ugly af tho
>>
>muh color
>muh race
>>
>>54653904
Probably because white people haven't been systematically abused or enslaved in our culture, and so there' ISN'T a word like that that holds actual power? smh this whole redneck thread
>>
>>54653949
could just call them whites and it'd have a more dehumanising effect
>>
>>54653949
or because she can now claim to not be racist
>>
>>54653962
That's just more punchy, not more insulting. Far from dehumanising.

>>54654001
>claim
muh bias
>>
>>54653923
do you really think a pretty girl would waste her time writing this?
>>
>>54653962
>more dehumanising effect

well, whites are gods basically, so it would be fitting :^)
>>
>>54654014
lol
just look at >>54653804 and replace the word 'white' with 'black' - is it still not racist?
>>
>>54654041
It's like you don't even understand the concept of context. Or systemic racism. How's fox news treating you? :^)
>>
>>54653949
I guess you've conveniently forgoten what the irish went through in America or the UK, or the italians... nah forget it. It's not like you'd be rational about anything. You just want to give minorities an out for their shitty culture of self victimization, violence, and welfare collection, because you're a closet racist and have to treat them all like ignorant children who cant handle themselves.
>>
change this to "the unbearable blackness of hip-hop" and see how people would react
how is it anyone's fault there arent any good non-white indie groups? this girl is fucking crazy, fuck p4k
>>
>>54654054
>systemic racism

Don't you mean 'systematic'?
>>
>>54654054
nice ad hominem matey, how about you actually try and provide arguments?
>>
>>54654075
No, you do raise a valid point. There are nationalities that have suffered in the past- and face stereotypes today (to be honest, st paddy's day bullshit hardly helps that). However, those nationalities are not representative of white people as a whole- especially considering that !!!wow!!! not all Irish people or Italians are white!

You're making a whole lotta assumption there, seemingly for the purpose of making my opinion seem insignificant

>>54654099
and yes I do. I may have just woken up. Gracious, how embarrassing.
>>
>>54653548
reminder that indie isn't a genre
>>
>>54654118
Are you a woman?
>>
>>54654174
Nope :)
>>
>>54654118
systemic makes more sense than systematic, please stop whitesplaining my culture's marginalisation

kek at all the angry white men in this thread :) weird how despite your privilege you are still so mad
>>
>>54654185
Would you like to have sex?
>>
>>54653810
typical self-victimisation from whitey

don'[t you clowns know it's not possible to be racist to crackers?
>>
>>54654092
Nice meme anon :^)
>>
>>54654118
It's always so weird how you have to be ultra specific about being racist against white people but not other skin colors. That's not the point I was making though. You don't see hordes of Irish people writing shitty articles about how bad their people had it. In general they've integrated into american culture and have been successful. Or asian people for that matter. It's crazy, during WW2 asians were lumped up into camps, their businesses uprooted and destroyed having to abandon them for years, and yet they're consistently on the top of the pile for high paying jobs like doctors. Their subjugation was even more recent than slavery. Hell, even black africans immigrating from africa tend to be more successful than african americans, and many other minorities on average, because they weren't raised in the shitty victumhood culture that minorities in the US are.

muh hardships
muh institutionalized racism
muh reperations pls

Get over yourselves. Every race that has ever existed has been fucked over in some way in history. The successful ones are the ones mature enough to get the fuck over it and move on.
>>
>>54654118
how the fuck do you americans classify white? Italians are pretty fuckin white, even in the south. And irish are also white, even the black irish.

Is it only white people with blonde hair and blue eyes or what the fuck man? And i'm talking ethnicity here, not nationality.
>>
but lets be honest, belle and sebastian are fucking awful

i always hated them, ultimate mediocre
>>
>>54653804

I'm a white dude and this doesn't even make me the slightest bit mad. You guys have problems.
>>
>>54653548
I typically lean pretty left but god this article pissed me off. Maybe it's just because I'm in a non-white indie rock band and it's never been an obstacle for us and I know plenty of people who are in the same position. I hate it when people feel they aren't represented well enough but they don't do anything about it. My asian heritage has never been an obstacle in my success as a musician. We're doing just as well as any of the countless all-white slack rock trios in my shitty town
>>
>>54654239
>get the fuck over it and move on
How does one do that? You seem to be the personal trainer of every race on this planet, who keeps track of their progress and everything so how about you give those dumb blacks some tips to figure this whole "don't be oppressed anymore"thing out?
>>
>>54654185
Seriously, though, wanna bang?
>>
>>54654244
Fuck you pleb
>>
>>54654258
Like jeeze you don't need the white gate-keepers of indie to grant you approval. Just fucking make music that's good enough for you to be represented and you will be.
>>
>>54653931
This.

>>54654153
Woah, it's been a long time
>>
I really can't tell when people are trolling or being genuine anymore.
>>
Honestly "indie" (which is a very broad term) has a lot of non-white artists though they are not always the most visible, because the "typical" indie artist (young white person with a guitar/glockenspiel/synth pad) is very prominent, and an artist that looks exactly like that blows up within the indie scene seemingly every month (Courtney Barnett, Tobias Jesso Jr., Mac DeMarco, etc.). But if you keep those out of mind there's lots of non-white people in indie.
>>
>>54653548
Silly bitch comes off as mad and bitter. Like a white guy got the promotion over her, or she got dumped by a white guy. Or maybe she secretly wants to be white, and that conflicts with her radical feminist mentality? Anyway, the bitch a looney tuney racist.

Also, what self respecting person chooses to make twinkly pop faggotry under the guise of rawk music? The black community has too many insecurities to want to do it, not to mention it's just so fucking gay.
>>
the worst bit is where she pretends MIA isn't appropriating black culture

and even if she is, that's apparently ok because she's not white (she knows she's doing it cos she generalises the audience into 'brown people')

been trying to understand this for like 2 days, no one's mentioning it, but she undermines her whole argument there
>>
>>54654331
Wow, so much homophobia, sexism and racism in one post.
9/10 on the dumbassery-score! Congtats anon!
>>
It's a numbers game. There's way more white dudes making indie. Imagine applying this logic to any other genre.

>The unbearable blackness of hip-hop
>The unbearable brown-ness of the raga
>The unbearable yellow-ness of J-Pop

As an indie musician of color, I feel justified in telling Sarah Sahim to fucking get over herself. Wish there was some contact information attached to the article so that she can be held accountable for ludicrous statements like that.
>>
>>54654267
The only thing "oppressing" black people is the victim culture they're raised in

People have enough information available to them now to know this truth. If a young black guy came to me and asked me that question I'd just tell him not to buy into all the garbage he's fed from his parents and peers.

Then I'd point him to people like Thomas Sowell, who has written many books on the subject.
>>
>>54654378
So racism is over? :)
>>
>>54654378
>I'd just tell him not to buy into all the garbage he's fed from his parents and peers

ahahaha
>>
>>54654360
Full-on. Intentional too.

>>54654360
>9/10 on the dumbassery-score! Congtats anon!
1/10 you sound like a faggot. I bet gay people make fun of you.
>>
File: 1427300413953.png (30 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1427300413953.png
30 KB, 126x126
>the unbearable redness of PMSing cunts writing p4k articles.
>>
>>54654391
Not when there are people like you around who make excuses for minorities because you see them as children.
>>
Death Grips
Run the Jewels
Toro y Moi
Jai Paul
>>
>>54654404
Woah that hit hard bro cool down
>>54654412
I'll tell my fellow SJW-Klansmen thanks!
>>
>>54654412
>implying children are the only people to be affected by widespread sociological factors

seriously, read a book kid
>>
>>54654439
For someone telling me to read a book you sure have terrible reading comprehension.

Your argument is literally "aww but they dont know any better." If you cant see how that's treating someone like a child, you're beyond help.
>>
>>54654459

>>54654439 was my first post to you
>>
>>54654412

>ok we kidnapped and enslaved and trampled all over these people, denied them basic rights, encouraged a culture that sees them as inferior dangerous and/or stupid, and prevented them from achieving higher education or work
>ugh why don't they get their act together??? racism is over already so it's not like they have an excuse
>>
>>54653804
This is so awful in many ways. Way to promote equality and harmony between people, yay!
I don't claim to understand the very complex american identity politics, but this shit ain't healthy for anyone. Actively shitposting about a group of people is not healthy, even though i hate the IS i don't spend my days posting "fuck ISIS" to twitter. Also that kind of hostility and not trying to understand the other is bad for both you and the research.

Her first point about racism againt white people is that we kinda have two definitions for racism these days. The first one is the systematic oppression one which says that racism is only from up to down in society. In this case in the USA, only whites can be racist because the hold and have held the power and are the majority in USA. It's different of course in countries with other kinds of ethnic power structures. For example, in China with the Turkic minorities. The other definition is the one that racism doesn't need that structural and systematic oppression but is simply that classic my race is better than yours. That's how most people understand the word.

So she is not entirely wrong, but i bet she hasn't read shit about political science, sociology and social structures. I often find it to be true when reading texts from all kinds of internet activists, they don't know shit, not even the stuff you could google in 15 secs.
>>
>>54654470
everyone directly involved in racist history is dead already, build a fucking bridge and get over it
>>
>>54654487
Yup, every racist ever is dead and blacks don't have to face discrimination anymore. Hoooray!
>>
>>54654470
Except all of those things were done to asians and they're doing alright aren't they?

It's always hilarious to me how people like you think white people were the only people to own slaves. Slavery is an institution that had been with us since we have records of our history. It existed en masse for thousands of years until white christians took on a moral crusade to end it world wide. But somehow white people are the racist ones.

How come black people didn't end slavery when they were the dominant group? What about the arabs? Mongols? All of them had their chance but didnt.

It amazes me. For someone to hold this point of view they must be so extremely ignorant of the history of slavery. Yet I see it all the time. I guess that tells you how shitty schools are these days.
>>
>>54654487
...says the white male

;^)
>>
>>54654473
>So she is not entirely wrong, but i bet she hasn't read shit about political science, sociology and social structures. I often find it to be true when reading texts from all kinds of internet activists, they don't know shit, not even the stuff you could google in 15 secs.
This. It's fine when it's confined to tumblr/twitter but when the likes of p4k give them a platform to spew their ill-informed bullshit, jeez.

I wonder if they run background checks on any of their freelancers?
>>
File: 1421385932956.jpg (27 KB, 180x210) Image search: [Google]
1421385932956.jpg
27 KB, 180x210
If you get into serious off topic arguments on an anime imageboard, you need to reevaluate your life
>>
>>54653804
This needs her top bands on last fm since they're all white
>>
>>54654519

In antiquity slave ownership was indeed a staple of all civilizations but I don't see your point? The article is about modern Anglo culture which has a recent history of black slavery and is currently living with the repercussions. We're not talking about the racial divides among Persians or Japanese which is why we're not discussing slavery elsewhere.

And yet another attempt to divert the debate with "well Asians do alright don't they???" which is the typical "model minority" debate with Asians, as if they were the Straight-A student in Non White People School. Tell me, are you trying to say Asians are better than black people or just that you don't want to talk about black people?
>>
>>54653709
hip-hop actually sells records, for one
>>
>>54654638
SICK BURN
>>
The Little Ones
The Shins when they were half mexican and "indie"
>>
>>54654575
Asian culture is better than black culture. I have qualms with saying it. You're just trying to turn me into a racist at every turn.

I also love how you say white people have a recent history of slavery when I just got finished explaining to you the fucking everyone did.

I'll spell this out so maybe you can comprehend.

Everyone had a recent history of slavery in modern anglo culture. It was majority black slavery because warring tribes in africa would fight each other and sell those losers off to europe or the middle east (which was far worse by the way, the arabs would castrate the men and cosistently kill and rape the women, far more than europeans, north americans, or south americans would.

Saying white people have a recent history is just trying to exclude everyone else who also have a recent history, while ignoring the fact that it took white british christians to start a moral crusade, and to petition the government to buy slaves their independence from their slavers.

Asians are important because they endured many of the same hardships in america as black people did, but you dont see them in a worse place economically than they were 60 years ago in the height of racism like you do black people, and the difference between the two is one has a culture of hard work and diligence while the other has a culture of welfare, and victimization.
>>
>>54654668
I have no qualms*
>>
File: Nast01_black+white-orig.jpg (1 MB, 984x1392) Image search: [Google]
Nast01_black+white-orig.jpg
1 MB, 984x1392
>>54653949
o rly
>>
>>54654198
2/10 troll. gold star for trying
>>
>>54653617
>nigger music
I dig the irony, but saying nigger will just trigger normies that aren't in on the joke, and then anything anyone here says won't be taken seriously
>>
>>54653548
The Libertines, one of the first indie NME-core bands has a black guy as drummer
>>
>>54654326
as if having a creatively ethnic frontperson (or just a chick in general) isn't a major marketing point
>>
>>54653881
>gets mad at something
>"REEEEEEE"
>>
>>54654668
http://m.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/08/black-men-need-more-education-to-get-the-same-jobs/375770/
culture of victimization and wellfare in full effect!
>>
Isn't a lot of the development of indie through grunge, post-hardcore, and emo EXTREMELY surburbian in nature? It's an expression of a background... if this is racist then you might as well say no musician that is white should be able to make music
>>
>>54654716
>nigger
Best new joke 10/10 never laughed so hard in my life
>>
>>54654771
why are you replying to me
>>
>>54654769
oh shit that's a good point. garage rock even has "garage" in its name
>>
>>54654769
>development of indie through grunge, post-hardcore, and emo
there is so so much more indie can develop through than those, it's an umbrella term that in the right circumstance can apply to pretty much anything
>>
>>54654774
Because you explained that great joke to me!
>>
>>
>>54654668

Sounds like you've never met an asian in your fucking life. Asian americans are not only pathetic, but they're fucking disgusting. Self loathing, a massive way of putting each other down, identity issues out the ass, very little creativity (notice how Asians [of course, form Asia] are far more creative), and overall a huge need to be "American" which to them is being "white" (no other race does this bullshit as much as they do).

Your last point is good but you lack so much knowledge it's not even funny. Asians just never had that much influx of immigrants until the last century. Ever heard of the immigration acts of 1921 $ 1924? The ones which basically ended Chinese immigration? Or before that, how about the Chinese exclusionary act?

Or how about the fact that Asians were never forbidden from voting at a scale comparable to blacks? Or that they weren't discriminated against in housing, public infrastructure, and education like blacks were?

Everyone ITT is fucking stupid and it hurts.

ProTip: I'm not even white. Or American. You guys are so fucking ignorant of your own (easy to learn and) shitty history. Just shut the fuck up and enjoy your white indie. I enjoy it too. That P4k freelancer is a magnificent specimen of a modern fuckface, and nobody should take her writing seriously.
>>
>>54654879
Btw bro it's my first post ITT, don't mistake me for that shitlord you were talking to.
>>
>>
>>54653800
listening to this for the first time and pooping myself. thanks anon!
>>
>>54653804
You know what will solve racism against minorities? Racism against the majority!

This bitch is fucking dumb my god. Literally if I were to post the same exact things on my twitter but replace white with black, I'd be ousted as a racist in seconds.
>>
>>54653548
>>
>>54654794
but in general? as in mostly?
>>
ITT: White people explaining other races
>>
>>
>>54654879
This is the only time in my life anyone has ever made me feel horrible about being an asian american. Thanks 4chan. I don't know what to say. I guess you're right about self-loathing within our community. I kind of expected to be called a small-dicked nerd all through high school from the white kids but I was always shocked by the amount of "lol self-deprecation is the only answer to insecurity" asian kids also calling me a small-dicked nerd. But for real this is like the most I've ever been personally effected by somebody else's racism. Congrats dude.
>>
>>54654947
I don't get people like you. Why do you assume every person in a minority is sacrificing life and limb to fix everything with their every breath?

It's called being pissed off. White people do it an awful lot, we're just used to ignoring it.
>>
>>54655042
>>
>>54655053
>>
>>54655062
I guess you're probably not gonna be down for a discussion about why I'm pathetic or disgusting. Whatever dude.
>>
>>54655077
>>
>>54653617
eminem
ICP
technically all white blues and jazz bands
>>
i love you jesssussssss chriiisssstttttttt
>>
>>54655097
>>
>>54655085
sick trollz
>>
>>54655053
I think people like him just need a warning before they see something they might disagree with, lest they become triggered
>>
>>54654360
Great meme!
>>
>>54655103
here's your (You)
>>
>>54655077
Hey man, I'm the guy that made you feel bad. That guy is just here posting pics of that guy and it's fucking hilarious, doing god's work to derail such an awful thread.

I don't feel bad for making you feel bad, tough shit really we all feel like shit some times (however, I have never felt bad about what I am, definitely for who I am [i.e. a huge dick] but never once doubted or felt bad about what I am), and I suppose I should have refrained from rhetoric that was so inclusive, but it's over.

Is what I said not true, however? I've had two really good Asian-American friends and everything I've described to you is not only anecdotal evidence that I experienced, but mostly (90%) theirs.
>>
>>54655109
>>
>>54655122
Right? I thought of it myself :)
>>
>>54655053
>Why do you assume every person in a minority is sacrificing life and limb to fix everything with their every breath?
Why do you assume that I assume that? I gave no indication of such an assumption. I was simply pointing out that being racist isn't likely to fix racism.
>>
>>54655130
>>
>>54655132
not the guy you're replying to, but you're quite a sadistic individual, and therefore almost certainly masochistic as well

glass houses, stones and all that
>>
>>54654470
Good memes here!
>>
>>54655151
>>
>>54655181
>>
>Thinking the rest of the world is like the US.

Your media presence is a laughing stock.
>>
>>54655181
He's such a well argued asshole that I'm really turned on right now.
>>
>>54655210
>>
>>54655219
I like you.
>>
>>54655216
can't you just fap into a mirror or something
>>
>>54654668
Gotta comment shortly to that "it's their own fault for selling other blacks to slavery" apologia stuff. The argument is dumb and uninformed. First of all Africa is home to many ethnic groups and cultures. They had wars and hostilities just like any kingdoms and tribes. The European slavetraders arrival increased and hastened the african slavery. It went from traditional slavery and local trade between people and kingdoms to an huge global system of slavery. The europeans would only trade their goods(guns for example) with the coastal kingdoms and traders they met for slaves, the demand for both slaves and european goods was huge and thus increased the slavery. The coastal kingdoms were richer, more advanced socially and technologically and had access to european goods and enslaved the inland people in mudhuts by themselves or traded for the slaves and outsourced the capturing to other mudhut tribes. Also grouping all asians in the confucian/sinosphere culture of hard work and diligence is dumb.
>>
>>54655181
>masochistic

Top kek, u wot? Could you share how you made that leap of logic? It's fuggin hilarious gombrade.

BTW, not sparing somebody's feelings/not needing to be afraid of a negative response to express what it is that you think is one of the key features of free speech bruv. Hence why I live in the U.S., where I won't be murdered for expressing dissent.
>>
Why oh why p4k did you destroy my fantasy of /mu/ being one of the few boards where there's no political neanderthals?
I don't actually agree with the article but it sure did a good job of exposing all the obvious racists on this board. #sosad
>>
>>54655231
masochism and sadism usually go hand in hand

you should learn some basic psychology before you go around telling people how you assume they will think
>>
The amount of racism in this thread is astonishing.

I guess pitchfork article is right about how insecure the whites are.

Living a privileged life never needing to face hardship minorities have to face in America, its funny to see Whites trying to defend their rights in White America or dictate how minorities should live.

Its embarrassing, seriously kudos to the writer for pissing off so many white people, I never really say this but Based pitchfork is Based.
>>
>>54655234
Judging by the anon who posted the article on fb and most the replies were "nice meme" it seems like the majority of this board are Latinos.

Depending upon your point of view they can't be racists.
>>
>>54655264
nice b8 you've got there
>>
>>54655264
>Hardships of America

Fuck you, come to a third world country, lib.
>>
https://twitter.com/nee_massey/status/581205109641723905

based murdoch
>>
Seriously tho, whats the best Gary Glitter album?

>>54655264
your bait its too obvious
>>
>>54655244
Sadism:
the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from inflicting pain, suffering, or humiliation on others.

Masochism:
the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from one's own pain or humiliation.

So even though they are literally the opposite, you are basing your argument on examples derived from a case-study, psuedo-science? This is some Freudian level shit here m8. This is why psychology is a joke amongst actual scientific fields. Neuroscience will wipe that shit out in a couple decades hopefully, though honestly the way Western culture is going (safe-zones) I don't think therapists will ever not be needed. But perhaps the medication culture will replace that as well.

Honestly m8 I do see the point you are making. I remember when I was an armchair psychologist too. Oh, what it is to be 14.
>>
>>54655278
It isn't a bait.

>>54655300
Said the privilege white kid living in a suburban neighborhood.
>>
>>54655316
if you think that psychology is not worthwhile then great, you just negated your whole argument

have a nice day
>>
File: IMG_20150327_063950163.jpg (862 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150327_063950163.jpg
862 KB, 1456x2592
>>54655317
I'm not white.
>>
File: 1400805339556.png (466 KB, 632x757) Image search: [Google]
1400805339556.png
466 KB, 632x757
>>54655305
>those tweets shitting on that fat indian
>>
>>54655329
Congratulations, it is ibn this moment in time that you have discovered that, not only can you not read properly, but you lack the basic skills that define sapience.

Never once did I make an argument for psychological issues which dictated the actions of people. I made the argument that /philosophical/ issues plague a particular group of people, which in turn result in psychological issues, which I'm not willing to get into because, as I've said, psychology is a fucking joke.

Philosophy of the material world is obsolete. Moral philosophy will remain relevant as long as humans and our sapience is reliant on perceived morals. Which is what this whole thread is about.

You're a fucking retard, and I'm laughing my ass off.
>>
>>54655386
oh please, stop, you're just embarrassing yourself now
>>
>>54655412
Do you want to take this outside? It seems that your arguments have run dry. Let's see if your limp-dick way of making arguments translates to how you fight bro. I'll fuck your girlfriend after I beat your ass too. But of course I bet you have a boyfriend, in which case I'll fuck him too in order to establish dominance.
>>
>>54655447
haha shut up you pissed up old bozo
>>
Why are all non-whites so obsessed with their race? I hardly ever think about the fact that I'm white
>>
>>54655132
I guess I'm going to organize my response into my two dominant reactions to what you said.
>1. Fuck you, you're a dick.
>2. You're right that asians are a bunch of self-hating assholes.
Your two Asian American friends should fucking realize that by deflecting external racism they're putting down not only themselves (self-deprecation as a defense mechanism and all that) but they're also making everybody around them that shares their heritage ashamed to be asian.
>>
File: l8rbro.jpg (100 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
l8rbro.jpg
100 KB, 500x499
>>54655481
Oh great. Look everyone! The fucking pussy pussied out of having to fight with his pussy limp wrist excuse of fists! What a surprise.

Next time try to take on someone your own size. Pic related.
>>
>>54655492
they're jelly
>>
>>54653804
Damn. I'm mex and even I know you can be racist to anybody. What a shitty way to think
>>
>>54655507
you're too easy mate, jesus
>>
>>54655244
Sadism and masochism only go hand in hand because sadists tend to fuck masochists to have a relatively safe and least-harmful outlet for their sadism and vice-versa nimrod.
>>
>>54655531
nah they are also commonly related in psych contexts as well

in a fantasy context the meaning is slightly different, altho they are the same words
>>
>>54655524
Oh you're still at it? Pencil-neck faglord still running his mouth? I suppose since your cripple ass self can't properly fun with his feet he must look for a fir substitute. I swear to god bro, I'll leave my self-restraitn behind and go all out. I will fucking massacre you you god damn shitstain.
>>
>>54655554
>in a fantasy context the meaning is slightly different, altho they are the same words

Oh wait, you actually ARE retarded.

My bad bro, sorry for calling you a cripple. Hey, I got tickets to seaworld, want to go buddy?
>>
File: 1426847529434.jpg (18 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1426847529434.jpg
18 KB, 400x388
>>54653804
>mantra: I'm so over white people
>writes article about white people
>>
>>54655492
Maybe its the fact that negative stereotype being perpetuated towards us and how our identity is being overlap by white culture.
>>
>>54655563
i'd tell you to go for a walk and cool off but you might kill someone in this state

calm down son
>>
>ctrl+f "(You)"
>21 matches

how can i make these many people mad I should be given the fuccboi award of the year
>>
>>54653804
she looks like that mean diabetic aunt that everybody in the family hates
>>
>>54655590
don't listen to this whack dickass. let me minoritysplain for a second, we are not obsessed with our ethnicities. it's the media bro, can't look anywhere without seeing white libcucks talking about how bad we have it.

can you whites do us a favor and kill these shitheads? i'm tired of talking to white lib-cucks who don't do anything but complain
>>
>>54655042
Don't let some idiot on 4chan bother you so much man.
>>
>>54655501

Ok man I'll indulge for a second here. Do you really feel that bad about what I said? Why? Help me understand here.

I mean, we're using the term "Asian" here interchangeably, as if half of Russia, Kazakhs, Indians, and even Arabs are asians. The arguments are very primal and off-the-cuff. Why are you so upset?

The majority of asians i've met are viets anyway. Nasty people. I went to a viet party once, and they treated me like an exotic zoo animal. Shit was fun as fuck, told them all sorts of crazy shit and got to bang a couple sluts. Shit was bawlin.
>>
>>54655628
>can't look anywhere without seeing white libcucks talking about how bad we have it.

>cuck

Top meme; but seriously, what's up with this? It happened yesterday when Stuart Murdoch criticized the article and a bunch of white people defended the author as if someone had lynched a relative of theirs. It's annoying and ironic as fuck that these people think they can speak for me and others.
>>
http://www.last.fm/user/padarnalat

Can't believe no one posted her last fm page yet
She has terrible taste even for p4k standards
>>
>>54655713
idk man. they're such a vocal minority. i have actual white relatives (step-family) who definitely champion the rights of those at a disadvantage (they have been working in central america as doctors [both training and practicing] for the last 30 years, i don't know anyone who has that kind of commitment) and they are never talked about. primarily because one of the sentiments that run deep in that family, and by extension mine, is this very anti-special-snoflake-syndrome sentiment (to reiterate).

strange shit here in ameriga. let us drink gombrade :-DDDDDD
>>
File: John.jpg (42 KB, 242x251) Image search: [Google]
John.jpg
42 KB, 242x251
>>54655712
>
>>
>>54655590
Have you ever considered that you are supposed to assimilate into the white culture and that you are not entitled to have your cultural background preserved
>>
>>54655777
Shit was cash.* SHIIIET my bad bro i got the meme wrong
>>
>/mu/ - Music
>>
>>54653804
I hate to say this but as an Indian I'm glad she's pissing off white people. I was made fun of for being Indian all the time as a kid, yet those same white people wouldn't dare make fun of black people for being black. Because white people consider it socially acceptable to make fun of Indians but not blacks, and now they're crying and throwing temper tantrums because an Indian is making fun of them.

I hate to say it but I'm siding with her just because I know you guys raging are the same ones who make fun of Indians and throw offensive stereotypes at them yet cry bitch tears when Indians make fun of you back.

Fuck you.
>>
>>54655843
The price of being a big board
>>
>>54655923
Well said.
>>
>>54655923
white guy here
i used to work with a pakistani guy, and i asked him once if he knew that pakistanis often smell of curry
so i asked do white people smell of anything and he said yeah bread, specifically yeast haha

i wasn't offended by that at all but it did make me think a lot, i mean, i have literally no idea how people from other cultures see me, they probably have the weirdest view, things i would never predict, because you can never see it from their view, you can never know
>>
>>54653548
people still visit p4k?
>>
>>54655724
>http://www.last.fm/user/padarnalat
christ she has the whitest taste i've ever seen, what a hypocrite
>>
>>54654118
>especially considering that !!!wow!!! not all Irish people or Italians are white!

Ethnic Irish and Ethnic Italians are all white
>>
>>54654118
>considering that !!!wow!!! not all Irish people or Italians are white!
is Anthony Fantano nonwhite to you? If he is, then go back to /pol/ Italians are white.
>>
>>54653548
>@sahizzurp's Tweets are protected.
oh boy
>>
>White colonise a large portion of the world, displacing indiginous cultures, but ultimately uplifting them
>Produce one of the finest nations the world has ever seen

>Blacks try and start a colony in their ancestral lands, with consistent support from their more recent home
>Produce Liberia

The only reason Blacks complain about Colonialism/Imperialism is because they suck at it
>>
>>54656129
She was making fun of Stuart on twitter after he called out her article. Hilarious.
>>
>>54654362
You're probably Latino. Latinos are more racist than white people.
>>
These bands aren't independent bands, she's complaining about the indie aesthetic which is fucking laughable to be angry about.
>>
>>54655923
White people find it alright to make fun of indians because Indians aren't as shitty as negroes, most parts of Indian culture are interesting and you've done far more in the past than Blacks thats worth mentioning.

I guess we were wrong though since it doesn't seem like you can hack the banter.
>>
>>54656215
It's you who can't handle the banter. Just look at this thread, hypocrite.
>>
>>54656215
Yeah go to Bangladesh, mankind's biggest gem certainly
>>
Bloc party
>>
>>54655777
Hi John

Long time, no see
>>
>>54656215
>>54656227

>banter

Wanna grab a cheeky Nando's, m8s?
>>
>>54655923
I make fun of everybody, including white people. Most people are just making jokes, and no harm is intended. People take shit too fucking personally and it's goddamn infuriating. People always ask me "how would you feel if I called you [insert x racist or whatever thing]?" and my response is always "indifferent"

Moral of the story: learn to laugh
>>
>>54656282
nandos is fucking shit bruh
>>
>>54656302
Yet this entire thread is white people throwing a tantrum because an Indian girl is making fun of them.

It's ok for you to make fun of them for their race, but if they dare do it to you back they're crossing the fucking line.
>>
Fuck whiteys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfUlhqLdScY
>>
>>54656156
classic racism
>>
>>54656302
Well I guess it's not that easy to laugh offif that shit gets thrown in your face all the time and most of the people don't mean it to be a joke. Also years of being physically being discriminated against and being seen as a second class citizenfor a long time doesn't help.
>>
>>54656355
I think theres a clear difference between having a few jollies and what this bitch is doing
>>
>>54656412
yeah but even if you were white youd still be seen as a second class citizen

here in the UK white minorities are still largely treated as second class, celtics, different eastern euros, germanics and frenchies for example

if u aint anglo u aint shit
>>
I don't know any blacks that like indie music though
>>
>>54656355
I don't know about everybody else, but I'm pissed because she's a total fucking hypocrite. I don't care that she keeps insulting white people, I care that she's being an SJW for racism while being racist against whites, which, yes, believe it or not, is a thing you can do. I'm in no way implying that there isn't a thing such as white privilege because there is, but you aren't going to kill racism while insulting entire races of people. It's hypocritical and moronic.
>>
>>54656355
i think everyone is pissed that a semi-respected music publication allowed this >>54653804
write an article for them
>>
>>54656660
>semi-respected music publication
>>
>>54656660
Why? It's her personal twitter. Why are you so upset about some tweets making fun of stereotypes about white people?

Get over yourself.
>>
>>54656700
yeah exactly. she can say whatever the fuck she wants on her twitter. i don't give a shit.

but pfk letting a psycho racist write an article for them was bad judgement.
>>
>>54656630
Cry the fuck more. Her tweets are obviously not what she thinks of every single white person ever, they are stereotypes that she's tweeting about which are funny, but since they are at your expense you are enraged.

Fuck you.
>>
>>54653804
>White. People.
Jesus Christ
>>
>>54656700
>Why are you so upset about some tweets making fun of stereotypes about white people?

Because she's fighting against racism, yet is being racist herself. How are you not getting this?
>her personal twitter
If that shit's on social media then it's fair game.
>>
ITT: White People Getting Angry
>>
>>54656725
>>54656750
White people make fun of Indians all the time, so her making fun of them on twitter isn't a big deal.

According to this thread if a white person makes fun of an Indian it's just a "joke" and if they get upset they just "can't handle the banter" and are "taking things too seriously".

Cry the fuck more you pathetic fuck. There's a lot of truth to her article which is why you want her silenced.
>>
>>54656726
Holy fucking shit are you really this bad at reading comprehension? Did you not get my point at all? It's the hypocritical shit that gets me, not the fact that jokes are at my expense, jesus christ.
>>
>>54656789
lol
>>
>>54654408
saying that a girl is on her period when she's upset

really fucking funny
>>
>>54656789
do you think if my twitter was overloaded with

>"UGH FUCK INDIANS"
>"indian people are shit"
>"fuck indian people"

i would be allowed to write an article for pitchfork about indian music?
>>
>>54656823
And it's the hypocritical shit here that's getting me. This is 4chan, where offensive jokes about race are made all the time, yet when an Indian girl tweets jokes to YOU, then she just went over the line. Brown people can't make fun of white people, how dare she?
>>
>>54655340
anon i have bad news for you
>>
>>54656885
>This is 4chan, where offensive jokes about race are made all the time, yet when an Indian girl tweets jokes to YOU, then she just went over the line.
But you don't see us writing articles about the unbearable whiteness of indie music, do you? Therein lies the problem; she's fighting against something she's committing. That's the whole fucking problem, right there. I don't know how many goddamn times I have to say it before you understand it.
>>
>>54655923
>yet those same white people wouldn't dare make fun of black people for being black.

Bullshit, whites make fun of blacks in school if whites outnumber them, whits only stop when they get out of college because then they can actually get in big trouble for it, but if there was no social backlash from shitting on black people then whites would do it 24/7.I love seeing white people butthurt because an Indian girl wrote some mean things about them(while they sit on this site and call for the death of some non-white groups(especially blacks)).
>>
>>54656862
Well your 4chan posts are probably full of that.

It's all fun and "just a joke" until you end up being the butt of the joke. You're so used and accostumed to a society where minorities are stereotyped and laughed about yet the white people making those jokes are still allowed to have an opinion on racial issues. But when a brown person does the same thing to white people, she should be banned from being allowed to speak her mind on racial issues.

This is what you believe in. Because you don't want to be treated the same as minorities are. And you can see it's finally happening, you're finally no longer able to step on the backs of minorities to get where you are, and have to finally get a taste of actual struggle like it is for them, and you don't like it.

But this is the new world, where minorities are treated with the same amount of value and opportunities as white people get, and you, with your entitlement, are going to continue to throw temper tantrums, and we're going to continue laughing at you and telling you to get over it.

Eventually you'll grow up and understand that minorities are worth just as much as you are.
>>
>>54656998
i just think pfk should't give racists a soapbox, regardless of what race is the victim
>>
>>54657034
Well "racism" against white is justifiable racism. And I know you only care about it because white people are the ones getting mean things said about them, if it were any other race you'd tell them to get over it and call them an SJW or just outright not even pay attention to it.

I enjoy these threads because I love seeing you entitled white people get a taste of your own medicine and realize you aren't the kings of the world that everyone grovels to in fear anymore.
>>
>>54656998
>It's all fun and "just a joke" until you end up being the butt of the joke.

It's not the jokes, it's-
you know what, I think it's been explained enough.
>>
>>54657094
>And I know you only care about it because white people are the ones getting mean things said about them, if it were any other race you'd tell them to get over it and call them an SJW or just outright not even pay attention to it

I completely agree, they would say "it's just words" or "everyone is too sensitive these days".
Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.