[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
#MUSICGATE 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1427337026067.png (93 KB, 589x717) Image search: [Google]
1427337026067.png
93 KB, 589x717
Is #MUSICGATE 2015 really happening? Will Marcel come to Pitchfork's defense? Discuss!
>>
GO HOME MUSIC GIRL
>>
some background?
>>
>>54623830
The critic in OP's picture wrote this article: http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/
>>
I fucking want /pol/ to leave.
>>
>>54623830
people upset about things that don't matter on all sides
>>
>>54623830
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-unbearable-whiteness-of-indie/

all the background you need basically.
>>
>>54623861
make me bitch
>>
this is honestly the cringiest thing pitchfork has ever done
>>
>Antowain

it's a troll account right?
>>
>>54623871
>nothing matters

Stupid nihilist
>>
>>54623851
patiently awaiting "the intolerable blackness of hip-hop"
>>
>>54623904
>I'm playing dumb, am I cute yet?
Fuck off, you know damn fucking well black people use those names
>>
>White woman complaining about white men for being white
?
>>
Someone should reply remove kebab
>>
>>54623801
>I mostly listen to p4k-approved rap and only fuck black guys exclusively

That's literally all I think of whenever some self-righteous bimbo feels the need to point out their white guilt and writes an article about how shitty they think white people are.
>>
>>54623814
>L&O episode on how hipsters are actually all terrorists
I don't give a shit about GG but that episode is gold
>>
File: 45565445655.jpg (2 MB, 1200x5314) Image search: [Google]
45565445655.jpg
2 MB, 1200x5314
If any #MUSICGATE should occur it should be because of viral marketing on /mu/.
>>
>>54623951
she's not white
>>
Why is /mu/ so fucking sheep? Do any of you have a single original thought? All you do is jerk off to Death Grips and Fantano. When this was posted you all ran to the fucking site to post ' nice meme' like a nerd would if the cool kid told him to smoke pot. Embarrassing.
>>
Does anybody else enjoy the fact that their whiteness is all it takes to offend crazy people like this?

I like to imagine that every time I go out, my sheer whiteness bothers somebody like this. Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>54623965
Way to reach, nigga
>>
>>54623976
Sure looks like it

even if she isn't, I still see it happen a lot and it really confuses me
>>
i guarantee sarah has never been the victim of systematic racism. its shameful, when she describes herself as a person of color, yet is from an affluent upperclass background, and has never had to deal with the social injustices the poor and middle class have to deal with. she is the problem.
>>
"it's about ethics in music journalism"

but honestly, if she's taking criticism as proof of thesis, there's really no fucking point in discussing it.
>>
>>54623983
the article seems to be bothering white people more than you whiteness bothers her
>>
>>54623979
nice meme
>>
literally stop.
>>
PoC means black right? I noticed that no one really cares about Latinos or other minority groups
>>
>>54623939
Memerap is pretty white.

Not agreeing with that article, just saying that - When you deal with these types, they will spin a story in any which way they feel suits them best.

If anything, wait for the follow up article using hip-hop as an example of progress and citing 'influential' artists like Mac Miller, BONES, Yung Lean and whatever the else fuck is hot in the memerap world.

I'm black and indie being predominantly white doesn't offend me. Obviously the audience is predominantly white, that's going to reflect in the people that make the music and pointless shit like album covers.

Unbearable whiteness of country when.
>>
>>54624034
idk, which one did you enslave?
>>
>>54624000
She's a mudslime>>54624000
>>
>>54624044
Idk lol I'm Mexican I don't think we did any enslaving
>>
>>54623973
Tripfagging should also be against the rules, antz should do us all a favor and fuck off
>>
Is there an indie black band other than TV on the Radio?
>>
File: 1377391108097.gif (2 MB, 634x422) Image search: [Google]
1377391108097.gif
2 MB, 634x422
>>54623939
>>
>>54624025
I think thats because most people of color don't care about bullshit like that.

Hence, most of the offended people are white.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.